Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Staging & Posing Tutorials for TS2

Post by Heather »

Occasionally I like to share short posing tutorials on my simblr, talking about which animations I like to use when shooting certain scenes, how I set them up, and where to find all my favourite boxes. I thought maybe some users here would like to have a look at them, so I'll index all my staging/posing tutorials in this thread. Feel free to make a request if if you like reading them, and there's something in particular that you'd like to me to make a post about!

I'm not claiming to be an expert in any way, I just spend way too much time taking pictures of my sims, and I like to share tricks that I've learned. :)

Index:
Spoiler:
1. Looking - animations to make your sims look, while looking natural.
2. Eating - how to stage a meal scene when you're a perfectionist.

My storytelling tag: For more ~inspiration. ;)
Possible topics for future tutorials could be lighting, as I mentioned in the second tutorial, or how I like to set up my family pictures. :D
Resources:
If you're interested in obtaining more poseboxes (let's be honest, who isn't? :shifty:), I have a list of (almost) all the ones I use in my game here. If you're looking for clutter & props, I have a board for that, too, as well as a board here for mods & hacks :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Staging & Posing Tutorials for TS2

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! That explains SO MUCH about how you get your stories.

I don't do anything fancy, such as photo-editing or pose-boxes, and I'm kind of scared to try. I may cheat in-game, but if it doesn't happen in-game, I don't do it. And that's why I REALLY admire players who can do all that stuff, and make it look so darned real.

Thanks for the information! I have bookmarked this, so that if I ever get brave enough to experiment with this stuff, I'll have the link on hand.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Wow! That explains SO MUCH about how you get your stories.

I don't do anything fancy, such as photo-editing or pose-boxes, and I'm kind of scared to try. I may cheat in-game, but if it doesn't happen in-game, I don't do it. And that's why I REALLY admire players who can do all that stuff, and make it look so darned real.

Thanks for the information! I have bookmarked this, so that if I ever get brave enough to experiment with this stuff, I'll have the link on hand.
It's funny you say that, because I absolutely admire players who don't spend hours fiddling around for one picture like I do! If you ever want to venture into the world of posing, I'd definitely recommend just sticking to boxes that pull animations from the game. Jaydee's boxes are the perfect place to start. Otherwise, stick to your style! You'll lose your mind if you try to dive in to shooting scenes with 20+ poseboxes, trust me. :lol:

I'm glad you found it useful! Hopefully it also explains my abysmal update times, too. ;)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Lose my mind? Hahahaahaaaaa! It's already lost.

Seriously, when it's a three-pain-pill day, my mind is anyone's guess. I might decide that it's a GREAT idea to have my sims give birth to eleven children at the same time! Or maybe I'll just take a walk around the neighborhood in my underwear. Or maybe I'll load ALLL the CC, and break my game, and have to re-install from scratch. Again. And then decide, "But I WAAAAAAANNNNNNNT the CC! It won't break THIS time!" and install AAALLLLL the CC, and... :faint:

"It seemed like a good idea at the time," is my explanation for soooooo many things these days.

Speaking of which, make sure your fire extinguisher is easily accessible and fully charged. Those things lose their charge over time, you know. And for goodness' sake, REMEMBER TO PULL THE PIN! It won't do a thing if you don't pull the pin!

Next time I buy a fire extinguisher, I'm springing for the halogen type, that doesn't have five hours worth of clean-up afterwards. And one with a really obvious nozzle, so I don't get confused and accidentally point it at my face. Thank goodness it won't do a thing, if you don't pull the pin.

Also, I owe my mother a new frying pan. That non-stick coating gets really hard, once it bubbles up like that.

Also, don't buy new cleaning supplies online just afterwards, because you'll buy waaaaayyyyy too many scrubbies, and buying in bulk may save money per scrubby, but where are you going to store all those things?

Also, if you're going to ban your sister from cooking at night, unless someone is awake to supervise, please, Please, PLEASE, stop sleeping with your light on and confusing her.

Also, I am SO SICK of raw sandwiches. :roll:
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Thank you for posting these! The "Looking" tips will certainly come in handy for me.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Lose my mind? Hahahaahaaaaa! It's already lost.
My mistake; clearly you're already there. :lol:
Radiochocolate wrote:Thank you for posting these! The "Looking" tips will certainly come in handy for me.
No problem, glad you found them useful! :)

Return to “Sims 2 Photo Sharing”