The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge Complete!

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge NEW 9.14

Post by Mojo »

Yeah, I just couldn't give it up. I love the idea of the apocalypse challenge, but the story aspect was really bogging me down. So now that I'm switching to commentary, hopefully I'll update it more frequently! lol

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge NEW 12.8

Post by Mojo »

Ongoing:
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

That was a great update! Im glad you are doing it the way that makes you happy and yay for progress.
So many promotions this time around!!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Im really happy with my decision to switch to commentary. Otherwise the amount of progress i had in this one chapter would have taken me at least 5 or 6 chapters in the old style

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yay! Lots of progress has been made.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

It honestly shocked me how much i actually accomplished in this chapter lol :rotfl:

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge NEW 12.2

Post by Mojo »

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

I’ve just read up to Chapter 3, here are my thoughts ^u^
Spoiler:
Holy Plumbob your writing style is ON POINT. I love the commentary based Sims stories but I always admire someone who can make a narrative fit around a challenge well. I really love the intro you went for- looking back on the history of Glassbolt, and dusting off the old book- love that you have a cool future thing going on as well and that Glassbolt did make a recovery. Loving the idea of Caleb writing in the book as well, and I love the mystery surrounding the fact that people are now reduced to numbers. I really love the lore you’ve set up and that Caleb is already seeing through what’s probably a dodgy government cover-up. The whole world of the waste gives me an unsettling 1984 vibe, especially the ‘keep your head down or get brainwashed’ mentality that the government of the world seem to spread. Really love your story choice of a diary for this as well, it’s perfect! Also, Caleb is right- I would miss ice cream so damn much in the apocalypse. XD The way you develop the friendship between Caleb and Marie is really nice and gradual. It’s heartwarming to see they won’t have to be by themselves even if they don’t hit it off perfectly right away. Honestly this is one of the best Sim Lit intros I’ve seen as of late. Can’t wait to see what fates awaited Caleb in this dystopian town.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

LuckyDuck wrote:I’ve just read up to Chapter 3, here are my thoughts ^u^
Spoiler:
Holy Plumbob your writing style is ON POINT. I love the commentary based Sims stories but I always admire someone who can make a narrative fit around a challenge well. I really love the intro you went for- looking back on the history of Glassbolt, and dusting off the old book- love that you have a cool future thing going on as well and that Glassbolt did make a recovery. Loving the idea of Caleb writing in the book as well, and I love the mystery surrounding the fact that people are now reduced to numbers. I really love the lore you’ve set up and that Caleb is already seeing through what’s probably a dodgy government cover-up. The whole world of the waste gives me an unsettling 1984 vibe, especially the ‘keep your head down or get brainwashed’ mentality that the government of the world seem to spread. Really love your story choice of a diary for this as well, it’s perfect! Also, Caleb is right- I would miss ice cream so damn much in the apocalypse. XD The way you develop the friendship between Caleb and Marie is really nice and gradual. It’s heartwarming to see they won’t have to be by themselves even if they don’t hit it off perfectly right away. Honestly this is one of the best Sim Lit intros I’ve seen as of late. Can’t wait to see what fates awaited Caleb in this dystopian town.
Spoiler:
I appreciate that! I think I suck at writing plot-driven stuff lol. Just to forewarn you though, it doesn't last. I do switch to commentary style eventually. It was taking me way to long to play and I dreaded every minute of trying to come up with a story line to go with the chapters. :cry:

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

mojot89- That’s cool, I like both kinds of Sim stories. Love the world you’ve created and I’ll read some more soon. Merry Xmas to you ~
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Sorry for taking so long! My thoughts from chapter 3 to chapter 8:
Spoiler:
I like the backstory behind Marie’s family; sad that her father was killed in a robbery. Also A+ to Caleb for almost killing him and Marie whilst cooking XD I enjoyed the little romantic scene at the end of 3: I love that Caleb realises AFTER sleeping with her that he might love her. Bless him XD The introduction of Marie’s POV is a nice touch; I imagine Caleb’s lack of understanding of Waste life might get between them a bit, or she might see him as a bit ‘snobbish’ in that respect. I like how the culture differences often pop up in conversation as well, like Caleb forgetting Marie wouldn’t know about a spa day.

The way you develop your characters, and how the world changes them, is amazing in all honesty. I love how the urgency of an incoming baby forces Caleb off his ass, it’s quite sweet, especially how it changes Marie’s opinion of him as well. The way you show the first kid growing up is honestly so beautiful, and I like that you show in covert ways that both of them are worried about having to raise a kid in the Waste. Adam and Elliot are both adorable!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge NEW 1.8.

Post by Mojo »

Update!! https://mojosapocalypsechallenge.wordpr ... test-kids/

@LuckyDuck
Spoiler:
Thanks for all your kinds comments! You make me wish that I had more motivation to continue with the plot of the challenge

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge NEW 1.8.

Post by Mojo »

We were nominated for a 2020 Golden Plumbob award!

Vote HERE

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge NEW 2.1.

Post by Mojo »

And just in time for the Golden Plumbobs, we have an update! Chapter 39 - Finally

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

My thoughts from Chapter 9 to Chapter 13:
Spoiler:
I love seeing Caleb fishing with his kid! It's nice to see how his life started out so dreary but his kids and Marie have given him hope! So happy to see they've got another kid on the way! Poor little Adam, how he wants to be buddies with his big brother who just seems to find him irritating. XD At least when he grows up they get along better! The new little baby is so cute! If anyone like Jonas tries to force Hailey into the breeding program I hope Caleb and Marie can stop them. Love the surprise little brother! Elliot's 'what the heck?!' face at the twins is also my mood around young children! I love that first teenage pic of Elliot looking super moody. I really like how every little thing has a story reason for being there, like the chess set, and Marie not knowing there was twins because of lack of access to a hospital. I can imagine what Caleb's annoyance with fish is like. As much as I love salmon, I wouldn't love it if I had to eat it every damn day for the rest of my life. XD

The relationship between the kids is really well-written. I like the idea that Adam feels alienated from his older brother, so having two younger siblings to play with would make him so happy.
I am really enjoying this so far and it'll be interesting to see the commentary-style change later on as well. I want to get some time to just binge through this story at some point, I really love your screenshots and storytelling.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

@LuckyDuck

Thanks you SO MUCH for your kind words! :hug: Your love for my plot stuff makes me just a little sad that I abandoned it :(

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

mojot89 wrote:@LuckyDuck

Thanks you SO MUCH for your kind words! :hug: Your love for my plot stuff makes me just a little sad that I abandoned it :(
You don't have to feel sad! It's hard to keep a steady plot up for a whole challenge. I'm feeling that way with my CEA challenge; Gen 1 had a background plot, but I'm dreading coming up for one for gen 2 and 3. X_X
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Yeah, it was the combination of coming up with interesting plot points and also the lack of progress I thought I was making lol

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Thoughts! From chapter 14 to the end of gen 1:
Spoiler:
I love that you included Marie worrying she's raised Elliot wrong after the fight. It's not something that's often touched on in stories, but the feeling that you are responsible for something potentially out of your control as a parent- it must be awful. I'm glad they try to put him in his place! I really do like how you touch on the sort of parental taboos of 'is it my fault?' and 'I have a favourite child', haha! Adam is great.

I like that the two young kids grow up more to be like Adam than Elliot, at least they're more sensitive. God, Jonas's replacement looks just as annoying and snotty as Jonas was. I do like how closely the Government make all the reps look exactly the same- just shows the height of the oppression in the Waste, and that it goes for the dudes in black suits as well as the regular guys.

The breeding program is kind of eerie to me. I'm imagining they pair up a random dude and a random girl and just kind of get them to have as many kids as possible. Makes me happy that at least Caleb and Marie's children were conceived out of love. Chapter 17 hit an emotional nerve with all the pictures of the kids. I also didn't think about the potential that one of the kids might WANT to join the gov. and get the hell out of there. Could be a possible thing...It's cool that their success in the DC decides their careers. It reminds me a bit of the G.O.A.T test in Fallout 3. Love that we get Elliot's POV now as well! I see Elliot might be going down the wrong path...The pic of Marie kissing Caleb in #20 is sweet, it's nice to see them have time for each other again.

I feel bad for Marie worrying about her daughter getting sent off to the breeding program; it's good you bear in mind what almost happened to her, and that it still haunts her. TBH, with Adam not getting the gov. job, and saying he won't join Elliot with the mob cuz it'll hurt his parents- I feel like both decisions would have hurt them, IMO. Michael's angry studying face is relatable, definitely felt that way during A levels. XD One thing I love as well is how different everyone's writing 'voice' is, and how different everyone's outlook is as well. I imagine knowing Elliot's risen in the mob ranks isn't a good thing- what if their son is in danger?
Love this so far, can't wait to read Gen Two!

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”