Things Your Sims Do-

Sitting on the front porch, watching the neighbors walk by.
Forum rules
Welcome to the General Sims Chat Area!
Post anything here that is not specific to one game or another.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Things Your Sims Do-

Post by Mauricette »

Things your sims do that you could do, too-... if you weren't playing sims.

So I don't put a television in my sims houses because I find them to be useless to sims. And it doesn't occur to me that they're useless to me, too. But I still have one.
And I like for my sims to grow their own vegetables and go fishing because the benefits are amazing. But I don't have a garden or go fishing myself. So I'm wondering- if I was a Sim what would I (the player) be making myself (the Sim) do? And what's stopping me from doing that in the real world?

I'd grow my own garden.
I'd paint portraits of myself and my family and my pets and hang them in my house.
I'd ice skate. (Which shouldn't be hard to accomplish as I live in freakin' Alaska!)
I'd get my picture taken at photobooths and hang them in my house.
I'd make pottery. (And also build servos, but I don't have the schooling for that undertaking.)
I'd restore a cool two door sports vehicle. (Probs need some education for this, too.)
I'd go on a Far East vacation and learn the ways of the ninja. And also Tai Chi.
I'd write a novel.
Learn the violin.

What are some things you would do?

You know what, that would be a cool project.
Make a simself, then play without cheats, and go about accomplishing the goals you want for your sim (your self.) Then after that stage is over try and do those same things, but in the real world! I might have to try this. :starry:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Things Your Sims Do-

Post by Heather »

I do the same thing with computers, because they spend all their free time on it if you give them one. Then, I realized I spend all my free time on the computer if I have access to one. Anyways, if I were I sim here's what I'd probably make myself do.

- Go camping in the three Lakes. I used to go camping, when I was a kid, but the idea became less appealing once puberty hit, for reasons that are probably obvious.
- Ask people out on dates. It's super easy if all you need to guarantee a positive response is a maxed relationship bar. :P
- Give financial consulting for extra cash, because apparently anyone is qualified to do that in the sims.
- Learn to play an instrument. I used to play a flute (very poorly) in middle school. Now, I can't even remember how to hold one correctly.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Amen @ the dates :P All we'd need to do to create successful relationships is to chat with someone and make out with them all night... and hope they aren't romance humans...
hello! :heartbeat:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I'd have so many boyfriends right now if all I had to do was chat them up to get them to go on a date with me. :P I would become the romance human (even though I'm really a pleasure/family combo.)
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Lol, oh gosh, not me. I neglect my social bar to the bitter red. Had I been a sim the social bunnies would probably be my only acquaintances >_>
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Ok actually I'd be such a Romance human, too :shifty: I would so start a business to get the directory perk, call up Zayn Malik 4 or 5 times, invite him over, chat/chat/chat/admire/flirt/flirt/flirt/flirt/hug/hug/kiss/kiss/etc. :shifty:
hello! :heartbeat:
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

... You know, I've often wished I could increase my body skill as easily as the sims. I mean, the fitness would be nice, but the lack of chronic tendonitis would be heaven. :yes:

To be honest I'd probably pick up painting again if I had all the choices my sims have though. One easel lasts them a lifetime and they get good at it after three or four paintings!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I tried to garden. I really did. I sunk oodles of hours and dollars into that garden.

Off of seven tomato plants, I got a total of five tomatoes. Don't ask about the rest of the garden.

I can't paint worth beans, unless it's a paint-by-numbers.

Fishing? I bought a fishing rod, but I have to have a time when both my sister (who knows how to fish and is willing to teach me) and I are feeling well enough to try it AT THE SAME TIME. Hasn't happened that way, yet.

Write a novel? Done that, but publishing it is not so simple. I wish it were so simple. Even if it were Sims 2 - with a one-time royalty check, I still wish it were that simple.

There are a lot of things I'd do, if I were a sim, that I've tried in real life, and it just doesn't work for me. Because the sims IS simple. Well, compared to real life, it is.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Thats too bad about your garden, Michelle.

This year is the first year I planted anything. my butternut squash, the seeds i just harvested from the butternut squash i bought at the market, i think I put into the ground too early. they're not doing so bueno. But the seeds were free so no big loss, right? and the pumpkin plants I started in February have been blossoming for ages, and my sage is growing very well, too. we have raspberry bushes on the 'lot' too, but they were here before I moved in, so I can't take any credit.

I already have some of my artwork on my walls, but they're aren't paintings. I tried acrylics for the first time a bit ago, and it's a lot more different than using my wacom tablet or water colors, but I'm keeping at it. So far just charcoals, inkwork and watercolors up on my walls.

As for the photo booth thing, I got a selfie printer for my birthday last year, so anything i take a picture of on my phone i can print out lickety split. I have four photo comps on my walls already :D

Still no ice skating or pottery wheels. No servos or two door sports cars either. Also, I checked out some places that teach tai chi in town. so-ho-ho expensive! So I've been recording the yoga programs that play on PBS in the morning and doing that instead. Same things, right? tai chi? yoga? :p

Lets see, what else. Oh, I started a novel. Not sure how many chapters down so far, but it's not quite ten yet. And as for the violin, well, they have electronic ones for practice for children online, That sounds fun. But I also saw an ocarina for $12 that's sooo beautiful. Plus it comes with a work book. I think I'll treat myself the next time I do lots of chores.

So sure, sims might be simple. But real life can be, too. X3
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Reasons I haven't been playing sims much - trying to finish a novel. ;)

Return to “Sims Chat”