The Magic Bloodline

theoddcatlady
Origin ID: NatureReigns

Post Counts

The Magic Bloodline

Post by theoddcatlady »

You are the final member of a bloodline of magic. Your parents died before they could teach you the ways, and you must pursue your own teacher and learn the ways of magic before passing it down to your children. Fail and your family’s line will die out forever! /End dramatics

Start off with a single founder. They can be male or female. Purchase a 4x5 lot, you’re going to need a lot of space to build your magic castle. Decide now whether they’re going to be a good witch or a bad witch!

Build what little shack you can but the founder must immediately head into town. Survive off of whatever you have to on the community lots, only come back home if your founder is actually about to die. They are determined to meet someone magical! You must meet a witch of the alignment you want to pursue. Build up enough friendship so that you can invite them back home and make them like you enough so you can finally become a witch or warlock.

Before the founder are too old, you must find love and have three children. Cheesecake Twins are allowed and encouraged, but the amount of children you have must be dictated by threes, so if you end up having twins on that last birth and having four children, you must have one more so things remain divisible by three.

Adoption is allowed, but these do not count for the three children. They're not part of the bloodline.

Alien births count as apart of the three children.

You cannot marry in Mr. Big or The Diva. They’re far too snobby for that witchy lifestyle. You can have their illegitimate children of course, I ain’t stopping you.

You CAN marry in the Vampire Count or Countess, but not on the first generation. The third generation and beyond can marry in vampires, once you’ve established your local bloodline of course.

The alignments for the kids must be picked at random. Say you have three children, Jane, John, and Jacob. Have each of them pick a number, 1 2 and 3, and whatever number they get is what alignment they will pursue. Jane got two so she’ll be a neutral witch, John got one so he’ll be a good witch, and Jacob got three so he’ll become an evil witch. Change it up depending on how many kids you had.

Aspirations are to be rolled for, use typical legacy rules.

Heir polls are encouraged.

By the end of their lives, your founder and heirs must have maxed out their magic skill, taught it to their children, and maxed out their alignment. The next heir must be picked before the eldest reach adulthood. College is acceptable, but before the eldest graduates the heir must be picked.

The challenge ends when generation five reaches adulthood and maxes out their magic skill.

Pet Rules:

Cats Only! What is this, Medieval Europe? Witches must have their cats!

You may create a single cat with your founder. All future cats must be descended from this one cat. You may adopt a stray, adopt from the shelter, or go to a pet store to create your cat’s mate. You may sell/give away any spare kittens.

(If you really prefer dogs, you can switcharoo the rules so you can have dogs. But only dogs! Pick one and stick with it!)

Points, Glorious Points!:

1 point for every successful generation taught witchcraft

1 point for every witch who maxes out their magic skill/alignment

¼ point for every person outside the household they’ve transformed into witches. I’m not sure if transforming another person requires friendship, but for the sake of this challenge, you must be best friends with the person before teaching them the craft. Round up when the challenge is completed.

2 points for every witch who is another supernatural as well. Example: Alien-Witch, Witch-Vampire, Witch-Werewolf, you get the point. For every witch who is two other supernaturals, ex- Witch-Zombie-Vampire, Witch-Plantsim-Alien, that’s another point, and so on.

10 points for every black sheep born into the magical line (an alien/zombie/vampire/werewolf/plant sim).

5 points if you have the founder’s and each of the (dead) heir’s graves on the lot when the challenge is complete. The spouses can be buried off lot, especially if they didn’t take on the magical gift.

1 point for every child that successfully joins the prestigious school for magical arts (aka Private School).

‘There Was An Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe’: 5 points for each generation that has twelve children.

‘Me dad’s a muggle, me mum’s a witch’: 3 points if the founder/an heir hides from their spouse that they are a witch: hide the cauldron/spellbook behind a locked door or the mysterious bookcase, come up with excuses for the sudden ‘skin conditions’ and glowing if you’re sharing the story, never wearing the witch outfit, and of course never casting a spell while they can see. You will not be penalized if they’re found out, you just won’t get the points.

'Time Flows On': 4 points for every sim who doesn't visit the magical world to max out their magical skill, as you can stay there literally forever by using the throne to up your motives.

How To Lose Points:

-5 points if a generation doesn’t have enough kids/has a number of kids that isn’t divisible by 3.

-1 point for every child taken by the social worker. They will never learn the truth of their magical bloodline and will spend the rest of their lives as a normal sim.

-5 points if your witch falls enough out of their chosen alignment that it requires a wardrobe change.

-10 if your heir or founder dies before passing on the craft to all of their children. Minus only -5 points if they taught the craft to their spouse.

(My twin actually came up with the concept for this challenge, we worked out the rules and goals together. She'll join us on Boolprop when she has access to reliable internet again.)
Last edited by theoddcatlady on March 1st, 2019, 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: The Magic Bloodline

Post by Radiochocolate »

Interesting challenge!

Quick questions:
What is the definition of a successful generation? (1 point for every successful generation taught witchcraft)
Can you build community lots to include tents?
Also, I think there should be a bonus for not using the magic sub-hood to max out someone's witchiness, since you can stay there forever with the throne.

The rule of children divisible by three feels magical, it makes me think of the Librarians rules of magic :wizard:

ETA: How do you guys feel about the Triplets & Quads hack?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Post by theoddcatlady »

A successful generation is when each child is successfully given the magical gift- aka mom or dad turns them into witches. And I say go for the tents thing because I have a mod that lets my sims sleep on community lots and during my attempt I went to a custom community lot where there were beds. So it's not against the rules, in fact I'd encourage it as your founder is on a quest to find a witch, so staying in tents or in motel-like lots would fit the theme.

I'm totally going to add that bonus now because that sounds legitly amazing. Thanks for the idea, radiochocolate!

And about the triplets/quads hack... well, I have it in my game, because the idea of having to go for just one more child and then getting QUADS is too funny. Prob leave it up to random though so it's more fair.
Last edited by theoddcatlady on August 28th, 2018, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpalAce

Post by OpalAce »

I have the triplets/quads hack, so I definitely vote a yes on that :)
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

If I do a college start, will I still go witch-hunting immediately upon placement, or 'til after graduation?
There's a SC4 map I've been meaning to use that's shaped like a crater, so I'm thinking of a "luckily the founder was away at college" situation.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Post by theoddcatlady »

Witch hunting must take place immediately after your settled. Which if you're starting in college means claim yo dorm room and head into downtown.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, my gosh! I love this! I have to do this for the next baby-mama that Gage moves into GageNation! Don't worry. I'll still make her get her magic from a High Witch, and not Gage Uglacy.

OpalAce, may I use your simself for this? You'd have to bear Gage Uglacy's children, but with magic, we could make "arrangements," as necessary, so you don't have to do the deed, if you don't want to. I'm sure there's a spell for that, right?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
OpalAce

Post by OpalAce »

ohmygodd sure XD I just need to figure out how to upload my simself anywhere!

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”