The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge COMPLETED 9/30/18!

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge (UPDATED 8/21/1

Post by MichelleCYoung »

WOW! Fantastic chapter! :jawdrop:
Spoiler:
Yeah, zombies can't GET pregnant, but they can continue an existing pregnancy. Also, they cannot make another sim pregnant, but I believe that's what an affair is for, even when it's true love, when you're in a trailer park challenge.

Did you plan that plot twist, or did you just get hit with a surprise, and say, "Oooooh! Now what can we do with THIS little gold nugget?" Seriously, GOLD! I think you didn't plan it. Most of the best things come as responses to unplanned surprises that our characters throw at us, with a "You can't control ME, so there!" and a big old "Pbtbtbtbt!" :neener: And this was a brilliant response.

Jenn, thanks for that link! I am currently removing downloads, in search of a fix for a glitch, but I am bookmarking that, because it is awesome.

As for Stardew Valley timing,
Spoiler:
I am disabled and unemployed, and I sleep whenever my body decides to let me (painsomnia mixed with a tendency to forget to sleep thanks to pain pills, followed by bouts of exhaustion, and my record is 20-straight hours of sleep), so scheduling is both easier and more challenging. I have a hard time committing to anything for certain, but I can TRY. And if I have to try to commit to playing from 3 am to 6 am my time, well, I'm down with that, because I'm almost always available. I have very few actually scheduled appointments, so that's easier. Just give me enough warning to plan and/or adjust to it. I'm on Discord, because I can't Stardew Valley and type at the same time. My nephew can, and it blows my mind, but I have to chat. PM me, and we can work it out off-line. My general rule is - whoever hosts the farm has final say-so over what to do, but I am absolutely not shy about giving my suggestions and advice, and if I'm hosting, I expect my farm-hands to give me their suggestions and advice, too. If you like that, then I look forward to playing with you. So far, I've only played with beginners, so I look forward to playing with someone who has more experience.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
theoddcatlady
Origin ID: NatureReigns

Post Counts

Re: The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge (UPDATED 8/24/1

Post by theoddcatlady »

And onto chapter twelve! I'm sorry for the cliffy last time, but not sorry enough that I'm not gonna do it again! Annie and Jean remarry, more babs are born, and Death comes but once this time!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

New chapter! New chapter!
Spoiler:
Jonathan is adorable, yeah!

Neutral witches are fun, too! They actually have a long list of spells they can cast.

I don't really understand why being a witch would be considered "hard," but whatever. One neutral witch in the family is probably enough, right?
Louisa: "Oh, good! If there's anything I can do to help, I'm there for you!"
Annie: "I'll be sure to ask when the moment's right."
I outright cackled at this. Oh, sweet, naïve Louisa. You don't even see what's coming, do you?

"...What." NOPE!

As for Brittany - that was sadly hilarious. I mean, I feel guilty about laughing at death, but yeah.

Brandon - got what he deserved. It's purely temporary, and I hope he learned his lesson. Besides, as a spare, he can literally do ANYTHING he wants! After a tough childhood in a trailer park, you'd think the kids would be scrambling NOT to be chosen as heirs. Even if you don't do the "spares get motherlode" thing that is so common, he still has the freedom to do anything, including succeed at a career-based LTW! He's free! But, of course, Brandon would never look at it that way, would he?
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

Oh these chapters are gooooood!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Re: The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge (UPDATED 8/26/1

Post by theoddcatlady »

and we're back with chapter thirteen! Annie gives birth to one last baby, the kids are all adorable, and love is in the air for Leo Silver.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 13 - so much fun! Oh, the kids are adorable!
Spoiler:
Poor Louisa and Anne and guilt. Good thing it's done, though.

Some of my favorite highlights:

Smack!

Yes.

I got an A plus.
Do I know how to do spoilers, or what?
Mpart

Post Counts

Post by Mpart »

Wow! I just got caught up. Annie and Jean are so cute together. :heart: Even if Jean is a zombie. Leo gets dad of the year award, hands down.
ImageImage
"I saved their asses from a dragon, but nooo, the bucket was over the line."
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

What mod did you use? I had that issue in my bacc and it ruined the whole thing for me.

Those kids are flippin adorable. I'm glad Leo is going to get hea.
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Post by theoddcatlady »

Jenn, which mod are you talking about? The same sex preggo mod? Cuz if that's the one you want I got mine heeere: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I use that one too.

I meant the mod you inserted in hopes of fixing Chester's eyes when he becomes a toddler. The eyes that pop up when you lose/switch cc.
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

Enjoyed the last two chapters. Oh, it's almost over, isn't it? This is the 4th gen growing up, right? You are doing great with this.
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Re: The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge (UPDATED 8/31/1

Post by theoddcatlady »

We're back with another update! The kids turn to teens, with one strange eyed kid lagging behind as a child.

@MaxiBuckle- I'm literally at the finish line and I'm so excited, I've NEVER completed a sim challenge before and I'm excited to finally do it :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Poll. You should definitely have a poll. Because
Spoiler:
Chester is absolutely adorable, and I hope he doesn't grow up as Knowledge, because I want HIM! Hey, he's Louisa's offspring, so it's as close as it gets to her. I have townified her in Xtreme-land, and yet she has not made an appearance, once. Grrr. You should invite her over to meet Chester, at least. Girl needs face time!

Also, I think he's doing baby gymnastics. It's not a glitch! It's a "Baby and Me" class.

Horace speaks! I'm surprised he's not going for the "strong silent" type. It's popular in romance novels, right? Especially if he dresses like an adventurer, or something. Still, he's freaking cute. They're all freaking cute.

Congrats on getting into private school! Hey, here's an idea: Play your medieval hood right up to the time you're going to invite the headmaster, and then save and quit, remove the default carpools, and play again until the headmaster challenge is over and won, and then save and quit and put the carpools back in. BTW, NEVER save between inviting the headmaster and his arrival, because that will glitch the headmaster challenge, and he'll either not arrive, or else not let you in, no matter how many points you get. It's a weird and horrible glitch. Unlike baby gymnastics, which is super-cute, and I'm glad I saw it here, because I've never seen it anywhere else.

Mabel, gotta be different. Hah! But hey, you actually managed to get them to grow up together and a picture of it, despite her, so she can't be that way every time.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I've had your LJ up for several days on my phone so I could read whenever I had to wait for something, and now I'm (sadly) done reading the last chapter.
Spoiler:
I smiled at the "Jenny" and MCR references. Don't get to see that everyday.
I think you should have a poll, even though Jonathan is definitely the cutest one. Oh and what a plot twist with Jean (and Louisa)! Those were some clever solutions. It's a shame that this story's ending so soon! Maybe we can get an epilogue? ;)
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Post by theoddcatlady »

lol looks like I'm definitely doing a poll. Ah well, I don't want the challenge to end too soon anyway.

And I'll be doing an epilogue, RadioChocolate. I already have that plotted out. :D
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Re: The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge (UPDATED 9/18/1

Post by theoddcatlady »

A really late update, oops... I'm easily distracted okay? It's time for a vacation and Brandon screws me ONE MORE TIME. Of course he does.
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

I was really hoping for this today. RL stress - really needed vicarious simming. AAAALLL better! Thank you for this. And I have another chapter to look forward to :)
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
Brandoooon! *shakes fist in a comical manner*
Aw, sweet little Chester, too bright for his own good. Bigfoot seems like a nice bloke!
"Llamas and Cows" is such a cute Maxis Match euphemism. Another one I can think of is "The birds and the pollination technicians" (or PTs if you will).
I totally get what you mean about periods where you don't want to sim or write. Having said that, I look forward to reading more! And break a leg with your horror story!
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
theoddcatlady

Post Counts

Re: The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge (UPDATED 9/21/1

Post by theoddcatlady »

It's an update, and an HEIR POLL! Vote for yo faaaaaaaaave!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Silver Valley Trailer Park Challenge (UPDATED 9/21/1

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I gave you all my comments on Discord. I. Love. THIS!

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”