Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The "Officially"Wacky Boolprop Challenge TS4

Post by Teresa »

Yeah that is still a little confusing. Is this better? I removed the sentence about not controlling until they are a teen and added the young adult mention to moving them out. Seeing their traits during makeover falls under something that is unavoidable - and isn't a need or skill - so shouldn't be a problem. Without the randomizing mod, most players will be assigning it anyway.

One Bad Apple:
Every generation one of your children will just plain be a bad apple. You get to choose which child it is at birth. Once chosen you cannot change it. A bad apple cannot be controlled until they become a young adult. You may not view their needs or skills, you may not view anything that you cannot already see with all of the interface fully collapsed. As a child and teen you cannot control them at all. At this point (young adult) you may also just move them out so they can be controlled by story progression. Having the Bad Apple be taken by a social worker or die before reaching young adult causes you to lose this mini-challenge. You may purchase aspiration rewards that your Bad Apple has rightfully earned. Bonus bonus points if your bad apple earns negative character traits!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I think you should change "As a child and teen you cannot control them at all" to include that you can't control them as a toddler either. just to eliminate confusion

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

good point

One Bad Apple:
Every generation one of your children will just plain be a bad apple. You get to choose which child it is at birth. Once chosen you cannot change it. A bad apple cannot be controlled until they become a young adult. You may not view their needs or skills, you may not view anything that you cannot already see with all of the interface fully collapsed. As a toddler, child, and teen you cannot control them at all. At this point (young adult) you may also just move them out so they can be controlled by story progression. Having the Bad Apple be taken by a social worker or die before reaching young adult causes you to lose this mini-challenge. You may purchase aspiration rewards that your Bad Apple has rightfully earned. Bonus bonus points if your bad apple earns negative character traits!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Should we specify how many bonus points for the negative character traits?

Ongoing:
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yeah - what do you think would be good - +1 point per negative trait, so +5 bonus bonus points if you get all 5 negative traits?

One other thought - when do we want to allow buying spending the aspiration points on the bad apple - before they move out as young adults, or once per life stage?
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I was thinking +1 or +2 per trait. I'll let others weigh in on that

As for the aspiration points for the BA, I think, in the spirit of the bad apple, I would say before they move out. Since we're not allowed to see anything without the UI collapsed, it makes sense to not allow aspiration points as well

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

That reads so much better. Thanks for making the changes.

I was not going to give Petunia's hers until/unless she moves out, so I agree with that. Can she be kept as an adult though? I might need her aspiration for that challenge.
I really hope she is getting negative traits. I like the mod since then I am not choosing bad traits on purpose. I would say +1 per negative trait. Or do you mean the character traits? Haha. I may be able to encourage her to be bad. LOL Too bad they all spend time with her and give her tips on saying sorry/thank you. No bad char. traits here so far (I assume).
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

lol, maybe it should be specified as negative character traits rather than just negative traits. But yeah, we're talking about the character traits from parenthood lol

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yeah, negative character value traits from parenthood maybe the better term.

Yes you can keep them in the house as long as you want - moving out is your choice (which is good since she is/was in the running for heiress). And reading it with the long view, once they are young adults you can control them (again this is good), so if you keep them around, and if you are playing base game bonus, you have complete their aspiration. Making sure my thought process is tracking through the lifespan of the Bad Apple.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Just checking in...I agree with the changes as well.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Belladonna has apparently unlocked the Grilled Cheese aspiration. I'm hoping my bad apple does too since she is completely human. What is the extra bonus points for completing that aspiration?

Also, I still have not discovered a single alien. I'm starting to wonder if my town even has them. I'm going to have Belladonna x-ray everyone since she is a doctor. I'm hoping that helps. If not, I won't be able to get the GTW bonus.

That includes having the invasion at Victoria's work in science. None showed up. Alien night at the bar, not a single sim showed up except the sims in the group.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

hmm, did Victoria ever make a satellite? I think you can use that to call aliens if it has been upgraded. That might give you a way to discover them - they don't come in disguise though. But I think you get the popups about finding out someone is an alien
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Jenn- you are such a good simmer that if you can't find aliens by the end of the challenge, it would signify to me that we need to rethink that option and fill it with something else...your points are safe, at least in my opinion. I will start trying to think of something else to put there.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I found a workaround. It wasn't nice for Victoria, but she was able to cheerfully greet NPC's, which made them friends. Then she would use the mean interaction to accuse them of being aliens. I found them all that way and I think you have to be in the science career or something. No one else in the house is able to accuse sims. She lost a lot of friends this way, but at least it got done.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Teresa wrote:hmm, did Victoria ever make a satellite? I think you can use that to call aliens if it has been upgraded. That might give you a way to discover them - they don't come in disguise though. But I think you get the popups about finding out someone is an alien
She used the satellite a couple of times and it just said to keep an eye out in the neighborhood. It even caused Belladonna to get abducted. LOL

Sorry for the double post, I just saw your post.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

simfulicious wrote:Jenn- you are such a good simmer that if you can't find aliens by the end of the challenge, it would signify to me that we need to rethink that option and fill it with something else...your points are safe, at least in my opinion. I will start trying to think of something else to put there.
I agree - if we need to come up with a different task we can do that. We want a challenge, but it needs to be doable.
Jenn wrote:I found a workaround. It wasn't nice for Victoria, but she was able to cheerfully greet NPC's, which made them friends. Then she would use the mean interaction to accuse them of being aliens. I found them all that way and I think you have to be in the science career or something. No one else in the house is able to accuse sims. She lost a lot of friends this way, but at least it got done.
You are definitely way deeper into this so if this is still feasible or if you have something else that you would recommend as a replacement, let us know.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

After figuring it out with Victoria, she had it done in about a week. It is a feasible way.

Other options might include using the Wormhole Generator to travel to Sixam and befriend x amount of natural aliens.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Maybe the third point in that bonus should be relative to which career you pick. Because as it stands, the only way to really complete that bonus is if you do the scientist career.

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

mojot89 wrote:Maybe the third point in that bonus should be relative to which career you pick. Because as it stands, the only way to really complete that bonus is if you do the scientist career.
Right, however, one sim already has to be in the science career at some point in order to do goal 1. I feel like it wasn't always like this. I'm wondering if it's some kind of bug that is largely unknown because there aren't too many people out there looking for aliens in disguise. I used to get the notification after woohooing a sim that I hadn't already discovered was an alien.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

It really must be a bug. I used to find aliens left and right. I was never out looking for them though and it usually only took a couple of friendly interaction for them to discover them.

I will say that I like the GTW bonus paired with the Vampire one. Belladonna had to deliver a baby and no one in labor showed up for a week/week and a half. She ended up delivering Omar and Evie's 3rd child.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”