Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The "Officially"Wacky Boolprop Challenge TS4

Post by Teresa »

It maybe a little late at this stage, but this is how I do when I want to get all five positive character values - during child age, have parents teach to say sorry and please and thanks. That builds conflict resolution and manners. Then as teens, have them do 5 volunteers back to back (one Saturday generally, start early 5-6am, and queue them up) to build empathy. Emotional control - my sister swears by the journal, and it builds writing while they are at it - I always just send mine to jog for emotional control every day when they come home from school since they come home in a pissy mood every day. Responsibility comes naturally as long as they do their homework every day. What you have to watch out for the is the Ask for Advice as that will knock one down every time, so you have to bring it back up with something so don't pick the "right answer" - pick the one that will knock down the easiest one to build back up - I always pick the one that knocks down responsibility since they recover that so easily.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

@Teresa That is very helpful!
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Just getting caught up. I like the changes for CD...max training skill. Maybe an extra point if you run the obstacle course with no faults?

For golden trio, i also agree about the changes. My eyes must have glossed over the 3BFF rule...cause i knew there was no way i wiuld be doing that challenge...lol
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

rule clarification... this rule only applied if you are doing the mini-challenge, correct? So in my case, I am not doing the mini challenge, so I can use the perks for my sim that has the leader of the pack aspiration?

Get Together
-Earn Gold Status on 5 different events each generation starting with the first generation (ie. Date, wedding party, dinner party, etc). (3 Points)
-Have any sim complete Leader of the Pack aspiration with a family club (No Networked or Rally the Troops perks allowed to be used as per the rule below) (3 Points)
-Have a Club with all the club perks (have the perk but are just not allowed to use the perk as noted above) (3 Points)

I would say you can use the perks, except for Rally the Troops...this perk makes EVERYTHING easy, cause your needs bars fill back up.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Victoria mastered Pet Training. It is only 5 levels. Not sure what to think about that.

Sorry for all the double posting...I'm at work and for some reason this forum looks different, and I can't find where to edit my posts.

How about the maxing the Vet skill since they should be running the clinic anyways? I believe that has 10 levels.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

@Teresa. That is super helpful. I am probably going to follow that to a T. You make it sound so doable.

Well, with only 1/5 kids a teen. I do believe there is plenty of time to get the vet clinic running. She actually bought it three seasons ago, but never ran it. I don't think she's ever been inside of it.

Since there is nothing saying they have to have a 5 star clinic, I can just have her run it for an hour on her days off and spend time just doing the crafting portion until the skill is maxed. Should have it done in a couple of weeks. Unless I can buy the crafting thing at home and work on it there. Hmm. I think it's time to go check this out.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

double posting here doesn't bother me - ;)

Club perks: Lindsay completed the aspiration and never even made it to those perks - so it didn't come up - but we weren't doing the mini challenge so we weren't trying to get all of the perks.
… agree with "you can use the perks, except for Rally the Troops...this perk makes EVERYTHING easy, cause your needs bars fill back up."

Trio: I will make the changes this evening to 1BFF and 2Good Friends.

C&D: how about mastering both vet and pet training since it is a mini challenge?

We are about to leave and start driving, so once we are at the hotel, I will check back in and I can adjust the rules to whatever we come to consensus :)
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Every generation one of your children will just plain be a bad apple. You get to choose which child it is at birth. Once chosen you cannot change it. A bad apple cannot be controlled until adulthood. You can not select your bad apple until they are a teen. You may not view their needs or skills, you may not view anything that you cannot already see with all of the interface fully collapsed. As a child and teen you cannot control them at all. Once an adult they must live by Simself rules as before stated in the SimSelf Mania mini-challenge.

We don't have a Simself Mania challenge nor is there anything in the rules about this. Can this be clarified, please? Mine is only a toddler, so there is no rush about it.

Have a nice drive/trip!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Another question about the Golden Trio

A generation of your choice must give birth to triplets. You may name each of the babies after a different letter in the naming scheme if you go for this, you are also exempt from the three pregnancy rule that generation. Additional trio rules apply. You must have each triplet max three skills of your choosing as a child, make three best friends (outside of the family), and complete the golden trio of getting an A in elementary and high school and reaching the top of their teen career as a teen. They must also each earn at least three positive character value if you have Parenthood installed. Trio = three. And no negative values. Additional children may be born after the triplets, the trio rules do not apply to them.

Do the friends have to be made as children or before they age up to young adult? So far it reads as max 3 skills as a child and get an A. Then as a teen top a career and get an A. Then it seems that getting the friends and the positive character values are for both age ranges to work on.

Is this correct? The wording is kind of confusing. I've been having (trying to anyway) these kids to max three skills, get positive character values, work hard in school and try and make friends in the child stage.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Jenn- I would say that as long as those things are finished by end of teen that you are good. You don't actually get the character traits until then anyways. If the rules specifically state an age range, then that stands, but these things are not specific.

Teresa- I agree on having C&D max Pet Training and Vet skills.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

ok, any updates will be made tomorrow or Sunday. I am way too full of food and wine to actually be productive. Right now I am going to play Sims and watch Angel, and then we are going to decide if we are going to eat more food and go to a rodeo or watch more Angel and play more Sims :toast:
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

On the C&D problem we are running into with training out bad behaviors I was thinking that maybe the animal should have the troublemaker trait as a requirement?... I don't actually know if the dogs will then have more bad behaviors or not because honestly I've never used that trait but it was just a thought.

I am back from vaca and getting caught up on everything. I have a lot of playing to do for all my stories so I can get some updates out this week.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

jcampbell wrote:On the C&D problem we are running into with training out bad behaviors I was thinking that maybe the animal should have the troublemaker trait as a requirement?... I don't actually know if the dogs will then have more bad behaviors or not because honestly I've never used that trait but it was just a thought.

I am back from vaca and getting caught up on everything. I have a lot of playing to do for all my stories so I can get some updates out this week.
There is a troublemaker trait?
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

You can't pick dog traits, so that would be near impossible. When you adopt a dog, it does not show you their traits. It just says if they are male/female or spayed/neutered and puppy/adult.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Correct...the only traits you choose are in CAS. I kinda feel like the troublemaker pet will NEVER learn a behavior, no matter how many times you tell them.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

ok, here are the changes I made - let me know if this is clear or muddy... :)

I added this to the main rules - it was under the Get Together rules for the bonus - but I also added to the main rules for people not going for the bonus:
-You can use any of club perks, except for Networked or Rally the Troops...this perk makes EVERYTHING easy, cause your needs bars fill back up.

One Bad Apple (10 Points) <<I took out the Simself Mania references and changed the adulthood to young adult.
Every generation one of your children will just plain be a bad apple. You get to choose which child it is at birth. Once chosen you cannot change it. A bad apple cannot be controlled until they become a young adult. You can not select your bad apple until they are a teen. You may not view their needs or skills, you may not view anything that you cannot already see with all of the interface fully collapsed. As a child and teen you cannot control them at all. At this point you may also just move them out so they can be controlled by story progression. Having the Bad Apple be taken by a social worker or die before reaching young adult causes you to lose this mini-challenge. You may purchase aspiration rewards that your Bad Apple has rightfully earned. Bonus bonus points if your bad apple earns negative character traits!

The Golden Trio (10 Points) <<Updated the friends and added clarification about when things need to be done
A generation of your choice must give birth to triplets. You may name each of the babies after a different letter in the naming scheme if you go for this, you are also exempt from the three pregnancy rule that generation. Additional trio rules apply. You must have each triplet max three skills of your choosing as a child, make one best friend and two good friends (outside of the family), and complete the golden trio of getting an A in elementary and high school and reaching the top of their teen career as a teen. They must also each earn at least three positive character value if you have Parenthood installed. Trio = three. And no negative values. Additional children may be born after the triplets, the trio rules do not apply to them. *clarification - the friends and the character traits need to be completed by the end of the teen years, the other requirements need to be completed within the age specified.

Cats & Dogs (9 points total) <<changed the second task
Create a dog with your founder, and each heir must have their own pet as a companion (either by breeding the original pet or by adopting a new pet), and do the following:
-Teach all commands (only dogs can be trained - cats can be owned, but only dogs count for the bonus) (3 Points)
-Max both the veterinarian skill and the pet training skill. (3 Points)
-Run a vet clinic (the vet clinic must be established by the founder and owned through the entire challenge). (3 Points)
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

Oh yeah I didn't even think about not being able to change the trait if you adopt the animal :blush: so, nope that won't work at all.

The new rules look good :thup:
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Looks good, Teresa!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Looks good to me too!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Even though I understand, it's sort of got wording that doesn't quite make sense.

One Bad Apple:
Every generation one of your children will just plain be a bad apple. You get to choose which child it is at birth. Once chosen you cannot change it. A bad apple cannot be controlled until they become a young adult. You can not select your bad apple until they are a teen. You may not view their needs or skills, you may not view anything that you cannot already see with all of the interface fully collapsed. As a child and teen you cannot control them at all. At this point you may also just move them out so they can be controlled by story progression. Having the Bad Apple be taken by a social worker or die before reaching young adult causes you to lose this mini-challenge. You may purchase aspiration rewards that your Bad Apple has rightfully earned. Bonus bonus points if your bad apple earns negative character traits! 

Choose the bad apple at birth and it's not controllable until YA. Got it.
As a child and teen you cannot control them at all. What about toddler age, as per the previous statement? At this point you move them out to be controlled by story progression. As a teen?
Having the Bad Apple be taken by a social worker or die before reaching young adult causes you to lose this mini-challenge. What if you moved them out as a teen?

As an example.
Petunia is my OBA. She has never, not once been selected. I use her tray icon to know when someone should do something (mostly just when it is red, then I put food near her or give attention to her. If that doesn't work, then I know she's just mad about something). She's a child now and still not selectable. I got her toddler and child trait information accidentally when I took her into CAS for a makeover (since it's right above her head). I do not know what skills she has or how many skill points she has earned (nor reward points). I will be allowed to select her as a teen to issue reward points? Then I had assumed that I could have her move out when she has her YA birthday. Is this the correct way?

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”