Xtreme Xavier Apocalypse - Updated Sept. 18, 2018

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Xtreme Xavier Apocalypse - Updated Sept. 18, 2018

Post by MichelleCYoung »

In the chat at Alphabetepic Apocalypse, I sort of got challenged to prove that it's possible to succeed at an extreme adult start apocalypse. Well, I was hopped up, and couldn't resist, so here is yet another apocalypse project for me:

Chapter 1 - A New Beginnings - August 5, 2018
Chapter 2 - Screaming Babies and Senility - September 2, 2018
Chapter 3 - THERE'S BOWLING - September 2, 2018
Chapter 4 - You. Are. Platinum! - September 17, 2018
Chapter 5 - Watching the Grown-Ups Make-Out - September 17, 2018
Chapter 6 - That's the Tragedy of It - September 17, 2018
Chapter 7 - Official Timelapse Graphic - September 17, 2018
Chapter 8 - Decidedly Undecided - September 18, 2018
Chapter 9 - Whoopsie! - September 18, 2018
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on September 24th, 2018, 2:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
theoddcatlady
Origin ID: NatureReigns

Post Counts

Re: Xtreme Xavier Apocalypse

Post by theoddcatlady »

How. How do you even do this. I take a single look at the apocalypse rules and I cringe because there is nO way I'd ever be able to do it. And here you are. Amazing. Knocking out apocalypses left and right. I tip my hat at you.
Spoiler:
Xtreme is SO cute too like omg best girl for sure.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you, theoddcatlady! I guess it's just my niche. I have a hard time with other challenges, though. Weird.
Spoiler:
Xtreme is cute! I've been wanting to use that hair ever since I downloaded it, and I have only a handful of downloads. Now, it fits!

Thanks for reading! And so fast, too. It's only been, what? An hour? Woot!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

All hail the Apocolypse Queen.
Spoiler:
Seriously I know who I'd want my simself to team up with if she needed to survive a Simpocolpse. I'd totally die without help. Or break like a million rules and be offed by the angry Mafia.
Alright bad Mystery don't get weird ideas...like wouldn't it be funny to see a ISBI type apocalypse where your founder had to keep idiots alive from the very beginning while trying to do all the work....yes yes I'm insane and probably making you laugh out loud at my insanity. Besides that founder would probably go cowforbrains on those poor unsuspecting idiots in their house pretty quickly....
Xtreme is so cute.
And luck really is everything with a challenge like this. I forget what lifting Journalism actually does.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I actually attempted to build an apocalypse asylum, but they kept getting stuck on the stairs. Someday, though... If I do, I promise to put your simself there with me... Wait.

If you write some rules where simselves can band together to face the apocalypse, I'd play it! You, me, who else?
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Uh Ani-mei? Pony? Not sure I know any of the other simplayers that well these days. Since I grew up and had to become a responsible adult that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for just simming and chatting ya know? LOL
Ha! I suck at writing rules (especially since I know nothing about how to play an apocolpyse to begin with Seriously I look at those rules and go wait wha?) , so you're probably safe from having to play it...lol they kept getting stuck on stairs. Guess you'd need some kind of building rule changes to prevent that from happening so the whole thing would be workable...
Also wondering if there'd be a way to take advantage of community lot living? Those community lots would need to have restrictions of course...You know like they have to live homeless until the shelter is fully built kinda thing?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

If they own the community lot, they can stay there indefinitely! That would work as a base camp until they are ready to start aging at home. Maybe with one "strong man," who can carry all the resources they gather back home, so they know just what they can build. It could work! It's amazing what you can do with community lots.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

The power of community lots is amazing indeed. The "one strong man" idea Ha great minds think alike. Yeah I pmed you cause you got me thinking about it when I should have been heading to bed. :P
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

SQL errors all day
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

I loved this! Thank you for posting it, it is a great inspiration!

I had a longer comment but in correcting a typo, caught an SQL error repeatedly. I hope this one posts.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

damn i'm attempting a second apocalypse and i'm already terrified to leave college. you're crazy in a good way!!!
Spoiler:
first off, he looks pretty damn impressive! i can't wait to see more, best of luck!!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I embrace my crazy, yep.

Thanks, y'all! This is a hard, but super-fun challenge. I look forward to reading yours!

Sorry an error ate your comment. Thanks for trying!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
You may say that managing an apocalypse is almost all about luck, but your perseverance is the true success factor here. :applause:
The skintone you used for female Xtreme happens to be the one I used in my undocumented Stranded Alien Colony BaCC attempt ^^ I was planning on making a story out of it once I got to the third generation (the heiress describing the history of the first generations), but it's going slow.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you! :looks around for the smiley of someone taking a bow, can't find it, oh well, oh, no! It's a terrible run-on sentence! My high school English teacher would be so ticked off. Oh, well:

I can't do gifs, either.

HEY! That sounds very familiar. I hope you do post it, because that sounds like just the sort of thing I'd like to read!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

MichelleCYoung wrote:HEY! That sounds very familiar. I hope you do post it, because that sounds like just the sort of thing I'd like to read!
It should sound familiar :lol:
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

Lucky score on journalism level 9. I can't wait for more

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Well, I'll be playing more, but not writing it up for posting until September, for SimNaWriMo.

And what are YOU posting, Mia?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OMG - so the next generation is through toddlerhood and into childhood, and I'm scared. Really, I have NEVER had any of my sim-kids have such a horrible toddlerhood. Not in any apocalypse to date, posted or not, have I had such a horrible toddlerhood.

It's actually quite refreshing, in a scary way. But now I have to make sure the second generation makes it safely to teendom. There are a couple of glitches, and one of them forced an issue. I was hoping to keep the furniture to a minimum, you know? Until I had more space. But oh, no. Glitch-boy will NOT share a bed, at all. Do I feel bad about his aspiration failure? No, I do not, in the least. However, I do feel bad about the five-day long bout of food poisoning.

GLITCHES! Well, I can look at them as "it makes my game more fun," as long as they don't completely freeze my computer and force a hard boot. Right? Of course, right. :melting:

I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to have to remove Monique's computer. Sigh. I've been using that in GageNation, but only in one family (as I recall. I could be wrong). If I'm going to do it, I should do it soon, before I become too invested. Too much MORE invested, I should say. It's a pity, because I really love Monique's computer, but all signs lead to that as being the basis of the computer-freezing-hard-boot-required glitch. The other glitches are annoying, but that is downright scary.

On the plus side, I'm more determined than ever to get at least a silver medal for SimNaWriMo in this thread, so that means playing long and hard on this apocalypse. I wonder if I really focus, could I actually complete it in September? I managed Badass Alphabetocalypse in ten chapters, didn't I? If I stay away from plot-intense story-lines, I probably could. Wish me luck! And an early Medical lift.

Cool note - with Freetime, even if you don't spend lifetime aspiration points on those need-perks, the older you get, the less your needs drop, including hunger. So my old founder is not in danger of starving, even with only one meal per day. Woot! I had forgotten about that, but I'm glad to notice that, now. It's going to be a while before Culinary is lifted, after all. She nearly died while she was pregnant, but other than that, they've kept starvation well at bay.

OK, back to the game. See y'all later!
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

How is it going? Did you find a way to resolve the bed glitch?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Read the new chapter, and you'll see.

Chapter 2

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”