question about legacy rules

How are they going to remember me? What'll be my legacy?
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS4

question about legacy rules

Postby candiedgala » April 22nd, 2018, 3:10 am

Would it be against the rules to have the founder get the "always welcome" trait early on and basically just live at a friend's house? Alternately, at a kareoke bar or some other place?

I want to start a vampire legacy and I'm thinking about how to do an extreme start with a vampire.
candiedgala
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 13
Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Scavenger Hunt (1)
Pass the Parcel (1) Happy Birthday (1) Canada (1) CAN - Nova Scotia (1)
Origin ID: ciaramei

Re: question about legacy rules

Postby Thaitanic » April 24th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Sounds like you're just using the options the game gives you, tbh!! Sounds good to me
call me Thai!
Image Image
UPDATE COMING SOON - HAPPY SIMNANOWRIMO 2018!
twitter / tumblr
Thaitanic
oh no! an iceberg!
Global Moderator

Medals: 25
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1)
2017 Golden Egg (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 12th Birthday Event (1)
Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Pride (1) Thailand (1)
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030

Re: question about legacy rules

Postby MichelleCYoung » June 12th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Are you kidding? Do you know how many legacies start with homeless founders? Living at the community lots and mooching off friends is tradition. By the way, don't forget the Moocher Trait, and the Inappropriate in a Good Way traits.

And if you make good friends with people, early on, you can ask to sleep over.

Nope, you're not cheating if you are actually using the mechanics the game has set up. This isn't even in "It's not a glitch; it's a feature," territory. Using that reward is TOTALLY acceptable.

Heck, bring your own sleeping bag with you everywhere you go.

I discovered that if I buy stuff and stash it in my founder's inventory, I'll have to pay a small amount of taxes, even if she never goes home all week. However, if her first thing is a trip to China/France/Egypt, and she buys a tent, and then never goes home (and never buys more stuff), she doesn't get any bills! It's great! Likewise, the stuff found in dumpsters aren't billed until/unless they are removed from the family inventory. But once they touch down at the home lot, they are recognized, and bills do start up, so there you go.

I like to rough it as long as possible, actually. It adds to the adventure, and saves the money.
Image Image
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
Alphabetepic Apocalypse June 12, 2018
GageNation - Updated June 2, 2018
Xtreme Xavier Apocalypse, Sept. 18, 2018 *** SimNoWriMo Focus
Youngdale coming out of hiatus soon!
Makers and Finders - a Cursed Baby Boom Challenge - October 1, 2018
Simself version 1 Simself version 2
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 17
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (2) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2018 (1)
2017 Halloween Events (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Netherlands (1)

Return to Sims 4 Legacy Chat