Oceanview BACC (Updated 5/15/18)

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Anya

Re: Oceanview BACC (Updated 5/2/18)

Post by Anya »

Pony wrote:If you ever decide to upload houses, I think I would download them all.
I still haven't really figured out uploading things, but as soon as I do, I'll put up some of the buildings from Oceanview, as well as the neighborhood terrain file for anyone who wants to play around with that. (Fun fact: I originally made the Oceanview terrain as part of an attempt to make a "megahood" that would work without expansion packs. Estella's house is right across from where I'd put the Goths, Lillian's is right by where Olive Specter's house was, and Victoria's house is in the exact spot where I placed Capp Manor.)
Avenie wrote:I love what you've done with the adoption pool - that should keep things genetically interesting!
Thanks! That's basically how I justify it... the process to tweak the adoption pool technically uses cheats and hacks, but since it doesn't actually impact the gameplay side of things, I don't feel like it violates the spirit of the challenge.
Mutation Central: An Uglacy
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Just read all of the updates!
Spoiler:
I loved it and I can't wait to meet the new families in Week 4 and see what they and the other families get up to in the following weeks.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'm all caught up again!
Spoiler:
I love the modern look of the Newton house and the robot lab. The boys are ADORABLE and I can't wait to see how well other children fit into the Newton house. Although a kid with the Sports OTH might be kind of fun, too. Just the complete opposite of the rest of the nerdy "how does it work" family. :lol:
Anya

Post by Anya »

New chapter is up! Oceanview just got some immigrants from my Veronaville playthrough.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Oceanview BACC (Updated 5/15/18)

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Lol of course you got twins! I just got a pair of natural twins in my game, at first I was like nonononono! I only wanted one baby, but natural non trips and quads twins are so rare for my game. The Capps rocked this season, going for from nothing to multimillionaires! That's awesome. I love dazzle and venue type businesses. Great way to get college funds :). Great chapter, I can't wait for more!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Spoiler:
I love the Capp family's house! I also like that you included spawn of premades. I have a whole 'hood right now that is dedicated to the premades, and I'm really excited to see what all of their spawn looks like. :lol: ANYWAY...you are so good at running businesses! I always get so irritated with businesses when I attempt BACCs and I just want to cheat up their needs all the time so I don't have to worry about it. I don't know how you do it. :lol:
Anya

Post by Anya »

Pony wrote:I just got a pair of natural twins in my game, at first I was like nonononono! I only wanted one baby, but natural non trips and quads twins are so rare for my game.
What's it like to play with the Trips and Quads mod? I don't have it myself (because frankly, four toddlers is probably more than I can handle even with insane micromanaging skills) but I am kind of curious.
simsterlyrock wrote:I also like that you included spawn of premades. I have a whole 'hood right now that is dedicated to the premades, and I'm really excited to see what all of their spawn looks like. :lol:
Thanks! I really like most of the premades... with a couple exceptions. The first Unfavorite is, and I know this may be a controversial opinion with some, Don Lothario. His genetics are nice, sure, but Cassandra Goth is one of my favorite Sims, and he plays with her feelings like the utter douchebag he is. The second Unfavorite is Romeo Monty, a.k.a. Fishy Lips, because he doesn't even have good genetics and he wants to do the same shit to Juliette. There's a reason I broke them up and made Juliette a nice fellow Family Sim to settle down with (besides the fact that Romeo and Juliet in the actual play did not seem like a couple that would last and I wanted to mess around with the Shakespeare a little, plus Veronaville plays all the Shakespeare stuff very loosely, I mean, Beatrice and Benedick as twins, what the hell?).

I should show off some snapshots from my Veronaville someday... the premade-spawn Sims all ended up being pretty cute.
simsterlyrock wrote:ANYWAY...you are so good at running businesses! I always get so irritated with businesses when I attempt BACCs and I just want to cheat up their needs all the time so I don't have to worry about it. I don't know how you do it. :lol:
Step 1: be a psychotic micromanager. Step 2: quick mood-up objects and/or dates. Step 3: ultra-speed through the boring parts. Step 4: don't take too many screenshots; the behind-the-scenes stuff gets boring really fast.

Even with all that, it still does get incredibly frustrating at times. The only reason my hair is still attached to my head is because it's too short for me to get a decent grip.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

It's very chaotic at time to have the trips and quads hack I had one family end up with a set of twins and a set of alien quad born back to back. There's several buttons to choose from, you can pick random, pick how many, or the original number of babies. I'm most always hit the random button for the extra insanity. Sometimes the numbers of babies is overwhelming. And half the time I'm saying please not quads. Though it's handy when you are doing a ten kid want or need a certain number of babies per generation in a challenge. Mainly cause it reduces the number of pregnancies. My 12 kid challenge is halfway through with only 4 pregnancies cause of two sets of twins.

Edit: Though a big downside is, I'll have a pretty nursery made for a single baby and end up with quads. Then all the cute toys and decorations have to traded out for cribs and toddler blankets. Happened more than once. I really need to leave the random button alone.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I am so jealous of your building skills! And I laughed out loud at Demetrius's little chat with Miss Braeburn.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I'm lost, and I guess I'll just have to start reading again from teh beginning. But I'm glad to see updates!
OK, caught up now.
Spoiler:
Holy frijoles! And when you started out, you were just a business noob. Now you have the Capps setting out to OWN Oceanview, quite literally. WOW!
This was such a fun read! I really need to start taking notes as I go along, but yeah! Lots of fun! I like seeing your new characters as you move people in, and how they're all different.
Spoiler:
Those two adopted boys are adorable!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”