Introducing RiskyMartian!

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
riskymartian

Introducing RiskyMartian!

Post by riskymartian »

Hi there! I'm riskymartian.

I hail from the sims forum but one of my favorite sim writers has been sharing her story, a challenge called the Baby Boomer, that originated from this site. So since I am giving it a go I thought I would join and meet others that share the same passion for simlit.

A bit about myself, well I'm of course a sim fan but I'm a mother to the cutest little baby (I may be biased lol); I like reading in my spare time, not that I get to much these days, a lot of fiction and biographies but still a few teen novels; games like monopoly and Game of Thrones; but mostly my time is spent doing real world things and trying to find time to play.

I'm a pretty boring laid back person who binge watches a lot of shows (currently Gossip Girl because why not?). If you have any shows or movies you'd like to share I'm always up for suggestions as it's nice to have something playing in the background while playing with the baby, simming or cleaning.

Tootles!
heatherfeather

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Introducing RiskyMartian!

Post by heatherfeather »

Welcome to boolprop! My favorite shows right now are Black Mirror and Bojack Horseman. Kinda opposite ends there, but I guess I just love Netflix. :P
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

Hi! Welcome to Boolprop! :wave:

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Hello and welcome to Boolprop! :wave: :coffee: :donut: :cookie: I hope you will like it here! :D
riskymartian

Post by riskymartian »

heatherfeather wrote:Welcome to boolprop! My favorite shows right now are Black Mirror and Bojack Horseman. Kinda opposite ends there, but I guess I just love Netflix. :P
Thanks! The new season of Black Mirror was soooo good! I’ve been trying less binge Netflix lately so old tv series have been the route I’ve been going. Never heard of Bojack Horseman, will have to check that one out.
riskymartian

Post by riskymartian »

Nevermore wrote:Hi! Welcome to Boolprop! :wave:
Thank you!
riskymartian

Post by riskymartian »

Cororon wrote:Hello and welcome to Boolprop! :wave: :coffee: :donut: :cookie: I hope you will like it here! :D
Thanks! ^^ Definitely liking it!
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Hi riskymartian- another movie-buff over here! :wave: And welcome.

Since your name has "martian" in it, wondering if you've seen Mars Attacks, with Martin short, Jack Nicholson, MIchael J. Fox, Sarah Jessica Parker, Annette Bening the list goes on..
It's a great movie(in my humble opinion), done in the style of those old 50's invasion movies. :-)

Give me a genre and I can likely recommend something, as I won't buy it unless I plan on watching it repeatedly. :yes:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Mpart

Post Counts

Post by Mpart »

Welcome to Boolprop! I hope you enjoy the forum! Ah, I love Monopoly myself :))
ImageImage
"I saved their asses from a dragon, but nooo, the bucket was over the line."
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Nice to have you aboard! If you're planning on writing about your baby boom, I'd love to read it. :)

As for shows, I like the quasi-geeky type stuff - Stranger Things, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Firefly (the movie does NOT count, at least not one specific scene). Currently my husband & I are watching The Orville, because some laughter with your geekery is always welcome. As far as movies go, Monty Python's The Holy Grail is hands-down the best. (And on the flip side, I also love This Is Us.)
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Welcome to Boolprop!

I'm an avid Game of Thrones fan, and recently picked up the books (am slightly peeved with the show currently); I'm not a very big show watcher otherwise, but it seems you got some nice suggestions anyways! I hope if you end up doing a challenge and posting it that you'll let us know! We're all big on sharing our stories 'round here! No pressure, of course, but I know we'd all love to read it!

I hope you enjoy it here!

PS I don't think you're biased at ALL for being mother to this proclaimed "cutest babe" ;)
Not one... little... bit ;)
riskymartian

Post by riskymartian »

modelmgt wrote:Hi riskymartian- another movie-buff over here! :wave: And welcome.

Since your name has "martian" in it, wondering if you've seen Mars Attacks, with Martin short, Jack Nicholson, MIchael J. Fox, Sarah Jessica Parker, Annette Bening the list goes on..
It's a great movie(in my humble opinion), done in the style of those old 50's invasion movies. :-)

Give me a genre and I can likely recommend something, as I won't buy it unless I plan on watching it repeatedly. :yes:
No I don't think I've seen that one, I'll have to look it up! The actors sound familiar but I can never keep up with the names of movies I've seen unless google helps refresh my mind lol

Hmm, how about comedy?
riskymartian

Post by riskymartian »

snazzle wrote:Nice to have you aboard! If you're planning on writing about your baby boom, I'd love to read it. :)

As for shows, I like the quasi-geeky type stuff - Stranger Things, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Firefly (the movie does NOT count, at least not one specific scene). Currently my husband & I are watching The Orville, because some laughter with your geekery is always welcome. As far as movies go, Monty Python's The Holy Grail is hands-down the best. (And on the flip side, I also love This Is Us.)
Yes I am, I've been sharing the updates over on the thread and hoping to make my own thread sometime today. Here's the link if you're interested!

CLICK HERE

Stranger things and Firefly!! So good! I've never seen the movie though. This is Us turned me into a sobbing mess when pregnant and haven't had the nerve to revisit it yet but I'm always watching the promos for each episode when they had come out.
riskymartian

Post by riskymartian »

Livvielove wrote:Welcome to Boolprop!

I'm an avid Game of Thrones fan, and recently picked up the books (am slightly peeved with the show currently); I'm not a very big show watcher otherwise, but it seems you got some nice suggestions anyways! I hope if you end up doing a challenge and posting it that you'll let us know! We're all big on sharing our stories 'round here! No pressure, of course, but I know we'd all love to read it!

I hope you enjoy it here!

PS I don't think you're biased at ALL for being mother to this proclaimed "cutest babe" ;)
Not one... little... bit ;)
I haven't had the nerve to start reading the books but I have listened to it on Audio a few times when my husband would re-listen to them while working out and I was sooooo lost. Darn show!!

Yes I've started a couple which I've been jumping back and forth playing. Just creating the threads for them today. I love how everyone is sharing there stories, it's opened up for of a spectrum for me to read besides the ones on the Sims forum.

Thanks!

PS. Hahaha :yes:
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

riskymartian wrote:
modelmgt wrote:Hi riskymartian- another movie-buff over here! :wave: And welcome.

No I don't think I've seen that one, I'll have to look it up! The actors sound familiar but I can never keep up with the names of movies I've seen unless google helps refresh my mind lol

Hmm, how about comedy?
*runs to look at the collection.. :hmm:

Depending on what kinda comedies:
Spoiler:
The "Hot Shots" movies with Charlie Sheen in his prime(1 & 2) Plus "Top Secret" with a young Val Kilmer are all goofball, random, spoofy things.
"Just Visiting" with Christina Applegate and "Mom & Dad Save the World" with John Lovitz and "Weekend at Bernie's 2" are all 3 good hijinks-type of funnies, although with WAB you really ought to see the first one to know what's going on at the start of Weekend 2.
Death Becomes Her with Meryl Streep, Bruce Willis & Goldie Hawn is a dark comedy but always a classic!
If you can find "Noises Off", it has a couple of noteworthy faces in it, most of all(for me) is a very lively Christopher Reeve who is not doing Superman!
A Mel Brooks number is "History of the World Part 1". Mel also has done Robin Hood Men in Tights(with Cary Elwes) and "Dracula Dead and Loving it" (with Leslie Neilsen)
"A Million Ways to Die in the West" is a newer Seth McFarlane one that I heard iffy things about but turned out to be a blast. McFarlane is doing The Orville presently. :wink: This one, HotW and Dracula have some adultish things going on, such as language and situations.
Another couple of adultish (older) ones are "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" (Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor) and "The Toy", with Richard Pryor as the headliner.
Let me know what you think; have you seen these or are you interested in seeing them? I have more if you want 'em! :yes:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Hey! Welcome! Question for you: Which sims iteration do you play most? I focus on Sims 2, but I also enjoy Sims 3. Sims 4 does not like my computer, but I dream of getting a computer that is less than 10 years old, and playing it, then.

Movie recommendations: If you like Mel Brooks, I highly recommend Silent Movie. It's hilarious, and it is absolutely filled with celebrity cameos. Funnily enough, Marcel Marceau (a famous mime) has the only spoken line in the entire movie.

There's also a little-known but hilarious and heart-warming movie from Australia, called "The Castle." There may be other movies with the same name, so I'll give the basic set-up, so you know you're getting the right one. A man who lives next to the airport is told that they want to expand, and he will be forced to move. But, a man's home is his castle, and he fights for the right to keep his home. It's all legal fighting, none of that "rich land developer sends thugs to scare away stubborn land-owners" sort. Just legal "drama," and watching a loving (I won't call them dysfunctional, but definitely eccentric) family dealing with the crisis of possibly losing their beloved home. A real underdog show, and I LOVE it. It may be hard to find. My sister bought it on DVD years ago. Golly, about a decade, now. Oh, man, it's actually older than my computer!

Game of Thrones: I read all the books (well, I listen on Audible, because too much reading makes the letters go jiggly on me - thank you pain meds), and so I enjoyed the first couple of seasons, and then said, "Waaaaait. That is not how it happened in the books. Why did they go that way?" and now, of course, there is no book to base it all on, so they have to go their own way, like it or not, and I can accept that it is NOT the same story, and just enjoy it on its own terms, but I don't have HBO, so I have to buy the whole season, and I am now stony broke, so I haven't bought the whole season in several seasons, but someday, I hope to see it. I also hope to read the next book. To quote a music video I like quite a lot, "George R. R. Martin, please write like the wind!"

Speaking of that music video, it was performed by one of the actors on "The Guild," which was a web series, and hilarious! Created by and starring one of my favorite girl geeks, Felicia Day, who also starred in Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, which I also love and adore.

If you want reading recommendations, I have two right here at Boolprop. The White Legacy, by Keika, is a huge favorite of mine, as well as The Real Uglacy is Back, by Candi. THe White Legacy can be found in Sims 2 Completed Legacies, and The REal Uglacy is BAck can be found in Sims 2 Legacies, genetic legacies. And my typing is going really downhill, and my pain pill is kicking in and I'm going to stop now. Anyway, welcome! :party2:
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Welcome!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories