GageNation BACC - January 17, 2018

Forum rules
When your story is completed, please report it and ask for it to be moved to the Completed section.
Medals will be awarded to completed stories once they are reported as such.

Build a City TS2 "original" Challenge Rules

GageNation BACC - January 17, 2018

Postby MichelleCYoung » January 10th, 2018, 4:50 pm

Yes, you read that title right. I'm actually doing a scored strict BACC. I had to replace my hard drive and although I do have backups of my other stories, the glitches were so severe that until I can get things fixed, I am starting fresh and vanilla. Or almost vanilla. I did do ONE download: Gage Uglacy.

Gage Uglacy is founding a BACC, played strictly according to the rules found here, with one twist. CAS points must be spent on moving in breeding fodder from among the townies and NPCs, and that means that everyone born into GageNation will be descended from Gage Uglacy.

Spoiler:
Right now, I'm still playing without mods, fixes, custom content, or simselves. If you would like to have your simself as part of the story, let me know here or in a PM, including a description of your personality, links to any necessary CC, and a request for one business of your choice. CC for businesses will also be allowed, but I'm adding in the downloads very slowly, trying to make this game last as long as possible, and to make sure each download works properly. If you don't have any particular business in mind, I'll add a business according to the needs of the city. Please note: simselves will be townified, and will only move in (and get their business) IF they breed with Gage or his descendants. So, you may simply be able to have a front-row seat to watch all the fun, without having to deal with Gage. And if a few generations creates a Prettacy, you may want to join up then. But we'll see what the sims tell us to do, won't we? I'm not forcing any matches against sim will. Even my own simself will be a powerless townie. I'm playing it straight. No deadline. New townies can be added at any time.

Chapter List
Gage Uglacy Week 1 - January 14, 2018
Sandy Bruty Week 1 - January 14, 2018
Kiera Knight Week 1 - January 17, 2018

ETA: Is it just me, or does anyone else read this as "GagNation"? It's oddly appropriate, of course.
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on January 17th, 2018, 5:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my previous games/stories are on hiatus, while I try to fix the glitches.
GageNation - Updated Jan. 14, 2018
Simself version 1 Simself version 2
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 13
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (2) Completed a Challenge! (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Netherlands (1)

Re: GageNation - a scored BACC

Postby Hollywood3015 » January 10th, 2018, 11:58 pm

I am excited for this

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 2
Completed a Challenge! (1) Happy Birthday (1)

Postby MichelleCYoung » January 11th, 2018, 4:28 am

Thanks, Hollywood! I'm having fun with it, so far.

Want to take a wild guess at who his first babymama is? You'll recognize her, and it's just oh, so appropriate, and inappropriate, at the same time. I laughed so hard, but you can't fight the chemistry.
All of my previous games/stories are on hiatus, while I try to fix the glitches.
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (2) Completed a Challenge! (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1)

Postby MichelleCYoung » January 11th, 2018, 11:43 pm

Grrraaarrrawwwrr!

Windows 10 forced an update, and my presentation, which was half-way finished, has been completely wiped out. I have to start writing it all over again. That, on top of having to completely uninstall and reinstall the game, because a simple factory reset was just not enough. :timebomb: Take this as an indication of how much I really love Sims 2, that I have not simply thrown my hands in the air and moved on to other things, entirely.

In short, Chapter 1 is delayed, but I'm still determined to do it. I just hope that I don't have to start the neighborhood all over again, too. Better test that, before I spend hours re-writing the presentation, huh? :headache:
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Postby MichelleCYoung » January 14th, 2018, 4:03 am

Bump! Chapter 1 (Gage Uglacy's first week in GageNation) is up!
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Re: GageNation - January 14, 2018

Postby MichelleCYoung » January 14th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Wow! Two chapters in one day. And that's even with Windows 10 FORCING (I swear, I set it for manual updates, only, but this keeps happening!) an update that has literally broken my presentation program, so that now, it randomly makes pictures invisible. Well, I guess that's what captions are for, huh?

Second chapter here.
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Re: GageNation BACC - January 14, 2018

Postby MichelleCYoung » January 17th, 2018, 5:12 am

And the third posting is up: Kiera Knight Week 1
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Return to Build A City Challenges