Build a City Challenge Chat

Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by Twilightoutside »

Faster Population? Hmmm...
1.) Servos - build, build, build...
2.) Plantsims - Spawn, Spawn, Spawn.... (faster than birth, you can fill up the household without waiting 6 days before you can make the next one...)
3.) Bigfoot (Yes, really!) - Vacation, Vacation, Vacation....

;)

Also, lots of money deducted equals lots of Unis added, which adds CAS Sims and SM - Business District similar, but you need Tycoons....

Also Also: If you want to reach the goal of 50.000, the golden number for a BaCC is 224, because it is the smallest normal number multiplied with itself that is bigger than 50.000 - so till your number of Sims or your SM is equal or bigger than 224, you've still got a way to go....
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

cynicalbadger wrote: Also, any tips on increasing the population faster? I'm further than ever before but every time I open a business district it doesn't boost the population by much (or it doesn't feel like it anyway) should I make more babies in the neighbourhood?
Another strategy: Moving in townies and dispersing them throughout the neighborhood is a quick way to boost the population, plus a good portion of them come with jobs, skills, badges and friends, so they're better candidates for boosting the population than CAS Sims and babies that you have to skill from scratch. My households are a pretty even mix of townies and CAS families, with some premade bin (earned CAS) households placed as well. Currently I'm on the hunt for townies employed in Business to increase the number of Tycoons quicker.
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

cynicalbadger wrote:
Hollywood3015 wrote:I am sorry if this doesn't go here but, In a BACC you take A LOT of pictures how do you guys keep it organized so they aren't out of order? I want to start a BACC but my pictures are always out of order and it is very frustrating .
I play windowed and have Wordpress open so I can write and upload pictures as I play - even if it's a short note and bulk uploading at the end of the playweek. I also organise the screenshot folder by date and I can't remember if it's ascending or descending but the newer photographs are all at the top! It's much easier, I used to have to search which took up so much time

Also, any tips on increasing the population faster? I'm further than ever before but every time I open a business district it doesn't boost the population by much (or it doesn't feel like it anyway) should I make more babies in the neighbourhood?
I started with a Nepheris based ruleset, so I started out with 4 households, but ACR is my best friend. I'm less than halfway through week 2 and I already have 4 infants and 3 more on the way, and only one of those came from a player-initiated "try for baby," because the newlywed parents actually rolled the want.

I'm also really trying to get a plantsim the vanilla way, because I want plant-babies, but so far, despite inviting the sim in question over and influencing her to garden when other people have bugs to spray, no dice.

If I hadn't given myself a handicap of no townies until a business district is achieved, it would be very fast indeed.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Thanks for all the tips guys! I still haven't installed Seasons yet (I should really get on that) so I forgot about PlantSims
Twilightoutside wrote: Also Also: If you want to reach the goal of 50.000, the golden number for a BaCC is 224, because it is the smallest normal number multiplied with itself that is bigger than 50.000 - so till your number of Sims or your SM is equal or bigger than 224, you've still got a way to go....
I'm closing in on my 100th sim, so just need to double my efforts, eh?
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I wrapped up season 2 with a SM of 2, a total real population of 18, three owned businesses, and sims in the Architecture, Politics, Medical, and Law Enforcement Fields.

No taxes yet, since my politician's been on maternity leave, but so far everyone except the Law Enforcement sim is about halfway up their career track...
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Hit 10% of target population - a lot of my sims in the business career are finally topping the career which just takes longer since there are a lot of households in Courtmoor. I've also been looking at new challenges to add to the city to shake it up a bit. Also got my first set of triplets!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Got my first natural plantsim! Also I'm now at 4 toddlers, two babies, three pregnancies, so I've already got as many kids scheduled as 3/4 of the original adult population (I'm using a ruleset based on the Nepheris one.)
Ellenyarai

Post Counts

Post by Ellenyarai »

What exactly is the rule for sims in apartments having roommates? They aren't technically controllable so do they count towards the population? Do I need to have them quit their jobs if the job isn't currently unlocked?
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I'm pretty sure they do not count towards the population, since they're not playable - like you said. I consider them to be similar to dormies, who aren't part of the population either. If they're not playable, you don't have to make them quit their job either :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I agree with Anne :)

I just finished playing the Newson household, and right before their week ended, Gavin and Ginger became adults. Finally! I will be so glad when they all branch out on their own - playing big families is not easy or, I have to admit, all that fun for me. They were broke most of the time, and although their finances picked up at the end, taxes ended up eating all their cash :banghead:

That leaves just two more households to play for Week 5: Marie Sims and Talin Deppiesse (Kerie Ng's boyfriend).
Image Image
ISTJ
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I wouldn't count roommates either. :D

I started missing Silver Bend today, luckily I had a chance to play. I finished playing the Guevara household. They're up to their eye balls in doggos cause of Bulbasaur's LTW. I think I must be insane for having a go at it. Kaylynn got sent off to college.

I moved her and the Pokemon triplets into the dorm. Both Sqirtle and Kaylynn made calf eyes at Jonah Diem. And fell back in love with instantly. While Jonah and Kaylynn is a possibility, but not in The Plan. I had to move Jonah out to keep everyone out of trouble.
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Hey guys, I'm currently playing Nepheris' version of this challenge and one of the restrictions is no service sims until it is unlocked. Does taxi service count? I can't see it specify in the rules at all.
ImageImage
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Iya wrote:Hey guys, I'm currently playing Nepheris' version of this challenge and one of the restrictions is no service sims until it is unlocked. Does taxi service count? I can't see it specify in the rules at all.
I believe the restriction is that you cannot call for any service, so the taxi wouldn't be available. (Though I guess you can accept a date that will end up with a taxi turning up, like another sim calls for a date on a community lot...) I've never used the taxi in mine, because I always use walk to community lot.
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

That's what I thought. I kept having one my sims going out on dates where the taxi would pick her up and I kept on wondering if I should continue to allow it since service is restricted. Then, I also have instances when my teens were sneaking out with her friend or going out with her boyfriend and the other person would show up in a car and I was like "Your family don't own a car!!! Where had you stolen that in a city so far from other civilization?" lol. Of course, I just recently unlocked the townies and community lot restrictions, so perhaps they managed to "borrow" from a visiting townie friend?
ImageImage
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Iya wrote:That's what I thought. I kept having one my sims going out on dates where the taxi would pick her up and I kept on wondering if I should continue to allow it since service is restricted. Then, I also have instances when my teens were sneaking out with her friend or going out with her boyfriend and the other person would show up in a car and I was like "Your family don't own a car!!! Where had you stolen that in a city so far from other civilization?" lol. Of course, I just recently unlocked the townies and community lot restrictions, so perhaps they managed to "borrow" from a visiting townie friend?
Lol, I just take pictures that avoid that angle and don't attempt to explain it.
But the car pool comes from somewhere, so....
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I started a new BACC using the original rules (and now I'm wanting to do one with Nepheris's rules too, aaaah) and I'm already on year 2, but my population is only 4. XD I have two playable sims right now and only one community lot, so I'm definitely going a lot slower this time around. I'm liking it though. I think I'm going to have my founder marry one of her lovers when she becomes an elder, but only if she rolls the want for it. She's a Pleasure sim, so I don't know if it'll happen. She seems to like being a single mom who spends all day in her garden.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I finished playing Talin Deppiesse, Kerie Ng's boyfriend who moved in/out in Week 4. I was getting restless not having a population increase in the last two rounds (so many almost-Tycoons!), but Talin met Shea Johnston during one of his trips to the Mesa Vista Cemetery. Talin (and I) kept rolling a want to see a ghost, and I also decided to hunt for more Sims in the Business career to speed things along. No luck finding either, but Shea was an Intern in Medical and is Popularity, and it occurred to me he would be the perfect director of a retirement home with 7 elders loosely based on an Asylum Challenge. So, Shea moved in/out and I used 7 earned CAS slots to create the retirees (and future graves to open Paranormal :twisted:), which boosted the population by 280 (8 x 35 SM) to over 3500. I'm jazzed to play them, so I'm adding them to Week 5's rotation. Stay tuned for possible mayhem!

I also have Marie Sims and her adopted son Gabe on a Three Lakes vacation, and after finishing their week and playing the retirement home, that will (finally) be the end of Week 5. :snail:
Image Image
ISTJ
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'm at the beginning of year 3 and now have a whole two households. XD One of them is an ISBI house, which is new for me. I've never attempted an ISBI because it goes against my micro-managing play-style, but I thought it would be good for that reason so that I'm trying something new after playing the game for 10 years. My torch-holder and his husband of course had three kids, which meant a lot of stress for me when they were toddlers. Luckily they're kids now so they'll hopefully be a bit easier to take care of. Maybe...or not.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm loving my ISBI in Silver Bend, it's hard not to click on the other sims sometimes. I'm usually micromanaging everything too. It's a little nerve racking when my TH goes to work. Luckily her husband will cook most of the time. The only things that makes me sad so far is that the kids aren't playing with their friends they bring home from school.

I've played way ahead, I almost finished with the last round of Uni for Week 6. It's hard to just write, I usually end up playing while I write. But I'm super excited to start the new week in Silver Bend. So many plans to see and hopefully unfold. If my sims behave that is lol.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Wow, seems like everyone is busy!

I'm up to 7 households and just about to start the first winter. The first two kids in the neighborhood are starting elementary school, the architect and politician are only about 2 promotions each from maxing their careers, and my newest household is going to be a DITFT. (I decided to make a pre-married pair and just forgo the points for marriages.)

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”