Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Is it me ... or is this wrong?!

Post by itsjulie »

I am doing a 100 baby / queen bee / wishacy challenge
and it is so far along (at the 84th countable baby - but there have been over 100 babies born)

it is so far along that from the 2nd baby Dad - FORREST LEAF there are 6 generations in his family line (including his parents)

These two boys are both 5th generation in the leaf family line.

Thyme on the left and Sage on the right

Both of these boys originate from this couple in different ways - so in my book they are closely related.

Thyme and Sage both have Forrests hair and Red's eyes.

Sage = Forrest and Red > Basil > Kale > Sage
Thyme = Forrest > Bayleaf and Red > Aniseed > Thyme

So Forrest is both of these two boys Great-Grandfather - their Dads are cousins and their Granddads are brothers.
Red is Sage's Great Grandmother and Thymes Grandmother

So WHY has the game let them become romantically attached :fisty:

I have been watching them flirting with each other when they cross paths - but never expected it to go anywhere because I would have stopped it

However, Sage went off to the dive bar on a date with a woman - while I'm watching something else going on in the active house
and when I checked on Sage the woman has gone and he is kissing Thyme :censored:

Is it me just being stupid .... or is this actually wrong that the game should let these two have a romantic relationship?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Is it me ... or is this wrong?!

Post by Gryffindork »

Oh TS3... :rotfl: As far as I know, the game only prevents incest up to a certain point - as long as someone has a family designation in the relationship panel (i.e. brother, mother, cousin, nephew, etc.) they won't get romantic with each other. But these guys would be second cousins, and since the game doesn't have a family marker for that, they think they have free reign. Definitely gross IRL but I've had second cousins hook up more than once in my legacy neighbourhoods - the best you can do is kill the relationship with NRaaS. :lol:
Image Image Image
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Yeah, this is normal for the game. I think it feels more wrong when you know they belong to the same family and have seen them grow up together in your game. I wish there was a mod that kept track of more distant blood-relations that could stop this from happening. But there isn't one, so it's up to us!

I'm not sure how I would react if this happened between second/third cousins from my own sim family. It could be interesting in a taboo kind of way, but I don't think I'd want them to have children. But I don't think it matters much if they only share great great grandparents, or something like that. :hmm:
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Cororon wrote:I'm not sure how I would react if this happened between second/third cousins from my own sim family. It could be interesting in a taboo kind of way, but I don't think I'd want them to have children. But I don't think it matters much if they only share great great grandparents, or something like that. :hmm:
Yeah, it definitely becomes a whole new thing when your simself's involved. :P When I moved my legacy family from Midnight Hollow to Isla Paradiso, I also moved my simself and her grown-up son... I forgot to fix their relationship settings and, well, they were dating two days later. :duh: Much worse than second or third cousins, hahahaha. But thankfully they never had children. :D
Image Image Image
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I think what is making it worse for me they both have the same eyes and hair - blatantly showing that they are blood related
and in reality this wouldn't happen - but because they are super naturals (Sage is a genie and Thyme is a fairy) the families lives have been prolonged to allow this to happen :fisty:
which EA really should have thought about!!!
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Gryffindork wrote:Yeah, it definitely becomes a whole new thing when your simself's involved. :P When I moved my legacy family from Midnight Hollow to Isla Paradiso, I also moved my simself and her grown-up son... I forgot to fix their relationship settings and, well, they were dating two days later. :duh: Much worse than second or third cousins, hahahaha.
Ugh! That reminds me... I have my simself and granddaughter in a smaller world for testing stuff and do photo shoots. I better fix the relationship before something awkward happens. :shifty:
But thankfully they never had children. :D
Yeah! But if they did, the children would have been ok. Sim DNA is different from ours. But still... :hmm:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Still Cor ... that would be creepy!!
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

itsjulie wrote:Still Cor ... that would be creepy!!
Yes, it would, Julie. Yes, it would... :hmm:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I think the game designers stopped their incest markers as soon as it reached the "Is this legal in most places?" point.

Many places allow first cousins to marry. Most allow second cousins to marry. It may not be smiled upon, but it is legal in most places. In some places, it is absolute taboo.

In ancient Rome, you had to prove, I believe, seven levels of not-being-related. And yet the emperors started marrying thier own sisters, nieces, etc. Soooo... Yeah. Creepy, but also a lot more real life than you might want to admit.

But feel free to feel squicked out. I would be, if it were my sims, too.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”