Second Chances [Updated 10/05/17]

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 02/24/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

And now for the continuation of the drama that had unfolded. Chapter 13: Car Trouble is up.

Ellenyarai

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances [Updated 02/25/17]

Post by Ellenyarai »

Spoiler:
You are such a good storyteller. Here I am crying at 1 in the morning. Keep up the good work!
orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 02/25/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Finally. I am back into swings. Anyway, this took several rewrites and the next two chapters I completely rewrote.

Chapter 14: Another Chance

And just a Spoiler that I thought might interest you all:

BEHIND THE SCENES
Spoiler:
While I was staging photos for the frame in Derek's room, I noticed something. Every time Grant picked up, held, or was near Derek he would scream his head off. I laughed so hard. So the bit about Grant in this chapter is from what I noticed in-game, and thought you'd all like that little behind the scenes tid-bit

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 03/19/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I've been sneakily reading everything up until so far and must say: your writing is spectacular. Awesomesauce. I get totally wrapped up in the story, only to find cliffhanger upon cliffhanger :swoon:
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
orangeplumbob

Post by orangeplumbob »

Radiochocolate wrote:I've been sneakily reading everything up until so far and must say: your writing is spectacular. Awesomesauce. I get totally wrapped up in the story, only to find cliffhanger upon cliffhanger :swoon:
Thank you! I do love cliffhangers, so expect them often. Not always, but often to keep you wanting more.

Okay, I really I hope I did this justice. I rewrote this chapter more than any other chapter (and after reading comments from the last chapter, I rewrote some of it again). Believe me, this was the hardest chapter to write.
Chapter 16: Confronting Williams

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 03/22/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Click the photo!

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 04/1/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Hehehe naked butts in Chapter 18: The Sweet Life

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 04/6/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Second Chances [Updated 04/11/17]

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Well I have only read the first two chapters since as of right now I have a new gaming laptop and am currently downloading Sims 4 and most of the stuff packs, game packs and expansions. As someone who's never used it before, how does it run? Does it need a ton of mods like Sims 3 to work right or is it all built in? And most important question, do maxmotives and motherlode still work? I want to make a test family first before I jump right into a long, drawn out, multi-generational legacy or challenge just so I can get a feel for Sims 4 and how it runs. I know I'll have more questions once I finally get Sims 4 running on this laptop so I do hope you won't be too tired of seeing me pop up in your thread.
orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 04/11/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
Well I have only read the first two chapters since as of right now I have a new gaming laptop and am currently downloading Sims 4 and most of the stuff packs, game packs and expansions. As someone who's never used it before, how does it run? Does it need a ton of mods like Sims 3 to work right or is it all built in? And most important question, do maxmotives and motherlode still work? I want to make a test family first before I jump right into a long, drawn out, multi-generational legacy or challenge just so I can get a feel for Sims 4 and how it runs. I know I'll have more questions once I finally get Sims 4 running on this laptop so I do hope you won't be too tired of seeing me pop up in your thread.
I personally have over 5k of cc, but that's because I am a CC addict. It runs well on my gaming laptop. The only long loading time I have is right when I load the game and that takes like 5 minutes (unlike TS3 where it would take up to 20 minutes on my old PC with just as much CC). In game the loading times with all my CC is less than 30 seconds still, even loading my save takes less than a minute--which has never been the case for TS3 for me. Motherlode works, and I use testingcheats and then right click the mail box and do maxmotives that way. I don't think maxmotives is a cheat in TS4. I do suggest getting MC Command Center if you are going to do a Legacy. Also Andrew's Pose Player and the Teleport Mod. bb.moveobjects on does not mean you can move sims. The teleport mod has to be used for poses, and there's a slight learning curve to it.

Thanks for taking a look at my blog. Hope it inspires you to keep with the game. And I'll answer any questions!

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 04/12/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Okay, here's the start of Eli's final arc. Well, sort of. This arc leads into the last few chapters that will close Eli's generation. This arc is important for the events following it.

Chapter 20: Brother

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 04/12/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

I know, it's been a while. Almost a month, but I have an update!!! Chapter 21: Fighting Sucks
mypalsim1 from the Sims Forums created the final poses for the chapter with the phone!

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 05/10/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 05/12/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

New update! I am spoiling everyone with these fast updates.

Chapter 23: Poker Night

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 05/14/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Oh wow, totally forgot to update you guys on my progress. Well here's a three chapter update!!!

Chapter 24: Alibi
Chapter 25: Brawling Eli
Chapter 26: Parole Violation

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 06/08/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

Ahhh, can't believe I forgot to mention Eli's last chapter, and the start of Generation 2!!!

Eli:
Chapter 27

Derek:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

orangeplumbob

Re: Second Chances [Updated 06/15/17]

Post by orangeplumbob »

So, I've been on haitus dealing with a lot of issues. Anyway, today I posted a chapter. So, yay! Officially off haitus!!

Chapter 6: Stick Up the Butt

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”