New to the new page, but an old Member

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
orangeplumbob

New to the new page, but an old Member

Post by orangeplumbob »

Hey Boolprop! It's been a long time. So long that you decided to move on me. :jawdrop: Anyway, I am the author of Different Rain which won the 2012 Golden Plumbob Awards back on the older site. After my Sims 3 dying on me (and in the middle of my story, no less) I took a break. I tried a Sims 4 Legacy, but hated the fact that there was no toddlers. So, I took a break from Simming and went back to school to get my Masters. I just completed my Masters and with the new Toddler update, I decided to get back into my Sims stores and decided to start an entire new legacy, Second Chances. So, there's the 411 on what I have been up to since I left the Simming World behind.

Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: New to the new page, but an old Member

Post by Teresa »

Welcome to the new forums... We are glad to have you back!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

YOU DID WHAAAaa?? You l-l-left the sims behind?! Is that a thing one can even do?? :jawdrop: Just kidding!

Welcome back orangeplumbob! And oh yeah, congrats on doing(and surviving) the college thing. :D
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
orangeplumbob

Post by orangeplumbob »

modelmgt wrote:YOU DID WHAAAaa?? You l-l-left the sims behind?! Is that a thing one can even do?? :jawdrop: Just kidding!

Welcome back orangeplumbob! And oh yeah, congrats on doing(and surviving) the college thing. :D
It is a thing, but a very difficult thing to do. LoL. And thank you. It was a looooong road, but I am so happy to be where I am now.

Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I'm so sorry to hear about your game!

May I inquire what happened to the Sims 3 for you?

I've spotted your story and it's very good! I love dark, realistic stories. I hope to see you around Boolprop!
orangeplumbob

Post by orangeplumbob »

One day I went to go play The Sims 3, and prepare for the next Rain Chapter, and nothing. Went black screen and back to desktop. I restarted my computer, same thing. I took out all my mods and custom content, even unistalled all of EA's store content, and still black screen to desktop. I spent an entire stressful weekend trying to salvage the game, even backed up my files and went to reinstall, nothing. It was like my PC decided that Sims was no longer allowed to play on it. I seriously went into a bit of a shock before I broke down. Rains were really my everything. I STILL have generation 4, 5, and 6 written, but never go the chance to play through them. I do have a new laptop now, and I might install Sims 3 on it eventually and bring my backups out of hiding and see if I can launch the Rains save again. It would be nice to see Parker in all his sexiness again. :P :D

Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Welcome back to Boolprop!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I sincerely hope you'll let us know if you're able to rectify the issue and (potentially) pick up your legacy again!

The Sims 4 is nice, but I don't see myself ever fully switching over to it from the Sims 3. I'm just really attached - and given your legacy and writing style reminds me a lot of my own you just hit me right in the empathetic feels box because I WOULD PROBABLY (RE: definitely) meltdown after that. Hard.
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

orangeplumbob wrote:One day I went to go play The Sims 3, and prepare for the next Rain Chapter, and nothing. Went black screen and back to desktop. I restarted my computer, same thing. I took out all my mods and custom content, even unistalled all of EA's store content, and still black screen to desktop. I spent an entire stressful weekend trying to salvage the game, even backed up my files and went to reinstall, nothing. It was like my PC decided that Sims was no longer allowed to play on it. I seriously went into a bit of a shock before I broke down. Rains were really my everything. I STILL have generation 4, 5, and 6 written, but never go the chance to play through them. I do have a new laptop now, and I might install Sims 3 on it eventually and bring my backups out of hiding and see if I can launch the Rains save again. It would be nice to see Parker in all his sexiness again. :P :D
I feel for you! I've lost a couple of good legacies that were just starting to get (genetically)interesting when they were lost.
One of them (The Rutabegas) could have easily been saved had I known then what I know now, because I've had the same issue at least once since, just not with regards to a legacy. Now that knowledge just makes me nauseous but then it might've REALLY toasted my post-toasties, having been told they were done for. Hell, my saboteur would have been found out sooner and there'd BE no Freshnfruitys! :uhoh:
I miss my buddy Winklebottom now! Ah well. You have me intrigued about Rains if it ever does come back. With that kind of dedication it's clear why you took a break. Have a :tea:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls

Return to “Introductions”