Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Ddeathflower

Seasonal Events

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Post by Ddeathflower »

mandarine wrote:Guys, an even easier device to get your game and graphics and graphic card recognition working:
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the ... ility-with

Just found it on tumblr :)
I wish this was around when I had to fix my game :faint: but great!
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Alright, downloading it tonight and uninstalling everything to install it tomorrow morning! I really hope simpe/Mootilda's neighborhood checker/clean installer/lot resizer/the list goes on and on work with this... they haven't worked on my computer, ugh. Not being able to use simpe has been extremely problematic...
hello! :heartbeat:
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

SimPE worked just fine. I didn't even have to do anything. It automatically recognized the name change in the document folder area. I was literally shocked.

And Clean Installer did as well. I don't know about the neighborhood checker or lot resizer. But considering I had to do nothing for SimPE or Clean Installer, chances are they'll work just fine.

However, the two programs were working before I installed the Ultimate Collection so I don't know if it will magically make the programs for you or not.

Edit: Some on the Sims 3 forum mention having to do some workarounds to get Clean Installer to work. Or at least to get the CC in game.
Heather
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Don't use any of those, but I can confirm CEP, ACR (version 1), and the simblender definitely work as far as things like mods go. Haven't had any problems with any of my other mods either, but they're small fixes/additions so I'm not going to list all of those.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I doubt what I mentioned is a problem for anyone that didn't have it before (especially because I haven't found one person, after endless googling with a similar problem to me -_-). I just hope it fixes it up, reinstalls in the past have done nothing :(

Anyway, I uninstalled everything and the download is at 10% now! :D
Auluna

Post by Auluna »

Bit late to the party here :P. But I was one of the folk that got the email around the 15th letting me know that I was going to be getting Ultimate Collection added to my Origin library. If only you could have seen me dancing about :rofl: This is my Sims dream come true, since TS2 was where pretty much all of my time went since late 2004 :mrgreen: . I'm not even tempted to toss in CC or mods, except maybe for a startup file to let me use a certain code which this forum is named after (my one must have in TS2).

Well, off to relieve the good old days! :celebration:
Hi, my name is Auluna and I'm a shameless user of emoticons :P :D ;)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

Hey guys, another Techstuff-Link

Since I don't seem to be the only person with the simpe-problem, somebody made a fix for it:
http://sushigal007.tumblr.com/post/9329 ... -simpe-fix
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Downloading this now and hoping to make it work on a Window's 8. :P It seems mixed as to whether it will or won't based on what I've read. TS3 is great but TS2 was my childhod.... erm.. rather tweenhood and Sometimes when I'm playing 3 (especially when I still had the frustrating as all hell pets ep) I'd slam my head against the desk and go 'why did this have to be changed'. There may be some rage and head desking if this thing gives me problems. :banghead: Any Windows 8 victims on here that have it working?

EDIT:
Trying to install this on a windows 8. :/ It seems to be hit or miss whether it'll work from what I've read. -_- TS2 was my... tweenhood. XD I'd so love to play it again. There's lots of features I miss from it.

Finished downloading and so far so good. It runs fine and I've managed to get all my cc to work. :D
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

I've just edited your posts together, Lauren, to avoid double posting :)
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Siem

Post Counts

Post by Siem »

It works on my computer, but I had to download it twice (did uninstall the first one when I found out I had it installed in Dutch). Now the game is in English, but the screen where you choose the neighbourhoods has the names of the hoods and the descriptions in Dutch. When I load one of the hoods everything is in English. There was probably a file left behind during the uninstall that wasn't written over during the second install. So my game is bilingual now :eyebrow:

It is a lot of fun to play the Sims 2 again after several years though.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I can dabble in it, but I can't quite get back to playing it regularly. I am too much TS3 although I miss all of the toddler interactions that TS2 has available.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Heather
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I tried moving an old neighbourhood into the game, and it doesn't show up on the selection screen. Previously I was missing over half of the game, and i can;t remembered if my physical copy had patches.

Anybody know if there's any hope for getting it to play in the full collection?

EDIT: Turns out I'm just really dumb and forgot the folder did not actually contain one back-up, it contained all of them. Well, all except one. It was missing my most recent back-up, which was sitting safely in my dropbox folder. Stuck that one in the neighbourhood folder instead, I'll report back if it works, for anybody else who has held off from transferring old save files yet.
Last edited by Heather on July 30th, 2014, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I had no issues with getting my old saves to load up. But I had everything and I was fully patched, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Heather
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Just edited my post before I saw yours. Turns out the folder had multiple subfolders all containing different versions of that neighbourhood. No wonder why it didn't work. :lol:
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

This might have already been asked... but does the ultimate collection install already patched up?
Heather
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I have seen people on tumblr saying that it is. As I mentioned in an early comment, I noticed glitches/bugs from my physical copies had been corrected in the ultimate collection, so I'm going to say yes.
Laura

Post Counts

Post by Laura »

Thanks for sharing this! I just got it. I have my Sims 2 disks...somewhere...they're probably in a storage room :-/ I so prefer digital. Ah, now I can reminisce.

A Gray Legacy - A Sims 3 LTW Legacy (COMPLETE) // Population 2 - A Sims 3 Zombie Aftermath Challenge (Stage 1)

A Very Evil Alphabetcy - A Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy (Gen I - Graveyard) // The Wonder Child Project - A Sims 4 Challenge (COMPLETE)
Heather
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

No problem!

As for the update on old saved games, mine seemed just fine when I plopped it back in. No missing graves or anything bad like that. I don't think some of my EPs were patched, so missing eps/patches previously doesn't necessarily mean your old saves won't work. At least in my case.
Chan

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Post by Chan »

Since sims 4 is coming out soon and EA has practically disowned Sims 2, they've decided to give out an ULTIMATE COLLECTION. And it is Ultimate. For all of us that still play the Sims 2, you can get the game... AND ALL THE EXPANSION AND STUFF PACKS!!

"How much, Chan?"

Thanks for asking, buddy. It's all for the price of FREE. You'd have to get Origin to do it, but I mean... It's free Sims 2..... I'm not sure if this counts as advertising, as it's for a Sims 2 game, if so I'm sorry :[

Here's the link

Act fast, I saw it late but just wanted to share with you guys.
Last edited by Teresa on July 31st, 2014, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged into existing thread 7/31/14

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”