SimNaWriMo - Hints, Tips & Questions!

Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: SimNaWriMo - Hints, Tips & Questions!

Post by Radiochocolate »

Heather wrote:Yep, the medals will be awarded as soon as we've confirmed that you have reached x amount of updates in October.
But will someone get a medal for 3 updates, then another medal once they reach 7? Or just the appropriate medal by the end of October?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Oops, misunderstood the question! The appropriate medal will be given at the end of October. :)
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

Forgive me if this is an odd question, but...Where it says entries can have either 20 slides or 1000 words...Well, could it also be an equivalent such as say, both 10 pictures and 500 words for the same entry? Would that be fair too? I'm not a super picture taker, but I'm also not super wordy...I honestly don't know if I could meet either. But definitely half of both!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

^ I don't have a definite answer at the moment, but I will confer with the other mods running this event, and get back to you on that! We definitely want this to be something that everyone can participate in & enjoy, and if providing another alternate requirement will allow that, we'll consider it. :)

If any participating members are in favour (or against), please feel free to chime in! :D
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

We have decided to add 10 pictures accompanied by a minimum of 500 words as another alternate goal. :)
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

Awesome, thank you so much! :)
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Okay, just for clarification sake, we will be using the sign up thread to post update notices once October starts, yes? Or will there be another thread created?
I know it says the sign up thread but wanted to make sure because thing can change.

I'm just curious because I will probably have a few updates ready for the first week. I'm holding off the updates until October because I am shooting for the gold, and would just like to know once October first rolls around.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I think we'll be making a new, separate thread to post updates in, to keep things nice and tidy. :)

Edit: New update thread is up! It will be unlocked in October.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Hi there! :wave:
I've got a quick clarification to a question asked on the first page, I'm sorry if this is redundant. The story I signed up with is, well, my baby. I love writing for it, but I have a very specific way I like each chapter to look and feel (regarding pictures and word counts). Usually my chapters are 12 pages long on a word processing document (roughly 6,500 words) and between 60-80 pictures. I know you mentioned cutting them down is fine, however for the sake of my blog's appearance I would much rather keep my updates in one big chapter. Not to mention, I write my story like a novel, so if I "end" the chapter prematurely it might feel a little strange (I write first and get pictures later, for example).
I can accept if you'll only take that as one posting, I was just curious if there was any chance that those of us with larger chapters who would prefer to not cut them down could get credited for the amount of work that goes into each chapter.
Sorry for the long ramble, I was mostly just curious and I'll accept any verdict on the matter!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

^ I'll accept that! I've actually been struggling to get my own chapter cut down neatly into 10 equal parts with 'ends', so I understand wanting to keep everything in one nice chapter, without leaving it looking unfinished between updates. :)

Maybe just provide a final word/picture count when you post your chapter, so that we know how many 'updates' to count it as. :grin:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Heather wrote:^ I'll accept that! I've actually been struggling to get my own chapter cut down neatly into 10 equal parts with 'ends', so I understand wanting to keep everything in one nice chapter, without leaving it looking unfinished between updates. :)

Maybe just provide a final word/picture count when you post your chapter, so that we know how many 'updates' to count it as. :grin:
That's so awesome! Thank you so much! I'll start including a final picture/word count at the end of my chapters. Yay! I'm so excited to get started! I'll admit the thought of getting 10+ 12 page updates up in a month seemed a little daunting, but now this definitely seems more doable! :swoon: Thank you again! :bounce: I'm bouncing out of my chair.
Just kidding, I'm standing. Doesn't mean I'm not bouncing though...

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”