The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated October 31st

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
darkangel985
Germany

The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated October 31st

Post by darkangel985 »

And back again with a new legacy, since I'm on a simming spree again.

Lately I've noticed that even though I've owned the Sims 4 since the day it came out, I really haven't played much. I decided it's time to remedy that and what better way to do it than a legacy?

Since my Grey Warden legacy is somewhat serious I wanted something light and purely observational. Plus it's only gonna be 10 Generations (Maybe I'll finish this? Who knows.). Since I've always wanted to play a Rainbowcy, this is exactly what I'm going to do.

As always feedback, especially constructive criticism is very much appreciated. Enjoy yourselves, cause I definitely will while playing. Introducing my unoriginally named Sims 4 Rainbowcy:

The Colorful Founders:

Prologue - The first spots of Color

Generation 1 - Yellow:
Gen. Yellow 1.1 - Say hello to yellow
Gen. Yellow 1.2 - The rolls make me yell: "Ow!"
Gen. Yellow 1.3 - Pictures so old, they've yellowed
Gen. Yellow 1.4 - Rebel yell(ow)
Gen. Yellow 1.5 - The yellow brick road drags on
Gen. Yellow 1.6 - A yellow sunset

Generation 2 - Orange:

Gen. Orange 2.1 - An orange dawn
Gen. Orange 2.2 - Of apples and orange apples
Gen. Orange 2.3 - O(h, what a)range of emotions
Gen. Orange 2.4 - The not so annoying oranges
Gen. Orange 2.5 - Party till your plumbob's orange
Gen. Orange 2.6 - Where is my (or)angelfish?
Gen. Orange 2.7 - There is my (or)angelfish!
Gen. Orange 2.8 - Orange is the new orange*new*

PS: The site in itself is still a bit bland, since I haven't made banners, backgrounds and the like, but it'll be added in time....or not, since I actually like the theme I have.
Last edited by darkangel985 on October 31st, 2017, 6:34 am, edited 19 times in total.
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated July 17th

Post by darkangel985 »

Posted update and moved to the first color Gen. Yay for yellow. :D
jessika

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated July 17th

Post by jessika »

Spoiler:
Yay for Sulfur! I like your naming scheme. What order of colors are you going to be doing in your legacy? I haven't ever seen anyone start with yellow, but I like that you did! Yellow is cheery :)

I love reading other people's legacies because I can always learn something. I never knew you could sort the catalog by color. How convenient!

It's ironic that gold rolled the mean trait, really. I mean it's pretty mean to be crying and be a fussy baby all the time, so it only makes sense that he would become a mean sim? lol He is cute though!

The last picture of Coral with Pyrite is so cool looking! I think it's because of the sparklies. Anyways, I loved the chapter and can't wait to read the next one!
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated July 30th

Post by darkangel985 »

@ jessika:
Thanks for reading :) Glad you like it.
I've sorted the 10 colors I chose in a (for me) logical order, which will be: yellow, orange, brown, red, pink, violet, blue, turquoise, green, lime. I know it really has very little in common with the way colors are usually sorted, but I call that artistic freedom. It just seemed right to start with yellow.
Spoiler:
And we (or rather you, because I already know) will see how mean Gold will really turn out in the end.
Next chapter is out btw.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated July 30th

Post by Taube »

Spoiler:
I love rainbow legacies because they're very entertaining visually, and yours is no exception. It was also entertaining in other ways, too. The boys are cute, and have some interesting personalities. Coral made great progress, and Johnny . . . well, he did stuff too. ;) My favorite parts were actually Alice's birthday parties - very funny that your sims kept having more important things to do! This is a great start. Looking forward to more. :)
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated December 9th

Post by darkangel985 »

It took a long, long time, but I finally managed to write up the new chapter. Hopefully this is going to continue sooner now, but I'll make no promises.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Welcome back! Great chapter. :)
Spoiler:
The boys have very interesting personalities, and that provides for a lot of interesting interactions, and they are all good-looking to boot. I could go back and check your succession laws but I'm having a lazy night, so let me just ask: how are you going to choose an heir? I love rainbow legacies because of all the color, and you've done a nice job yellow-ifying the house. It'll be a lot of work to change it all to orange, huh? :haha: Anyway, good job!
darkangel985
Germany

Post by darkangel985 »

Thanks for reading Taube.

As succession law I'm using strict equality (no adopted heirs and boys/girls have same right). As for the heir choosing adherence to the color scheme is what will matter most.
Spoiler:
Meaning this generation haircolor will not matter much as all the boys have blond hair, but eyecolor might be a deciding factor. And next generation will have an orange haired heir, even if I have to have 10 kids till I get one.
And if the kids are similarily colored I might run a poll here.

And as for the house: I'm looking forward to making everything new, cause that is fun too. :)
darkangel985
Germany

Post by darkangel985 »

I really shouldn't post at 5 am, but I've got night shift and am up anyway.
I hope that the new chapter doesn't contain too many tiredness induced spelling mistakes/typos. During the last couple pictures I have grown a little less chatty than usual, which might also be blamed on lack of sleep. I hope you can bear with it, since I want to get this chapter on the way and continue playing (after I get home from work and get some sleep of course).
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated June 19th

Post by darkangel985 »

I mean it's only been half a year...*cough*
But here is the next chapter. I hope it won't be as long till the next one, but no promises.
Ellenyarai

Post Counts

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated June 19th

Post by Ellenyarai »

This is brilliant and I can't believe it has taken me this long to find it and read it! Can't wait for the next bit!
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated June 26th

Post by darkangel985 »

Thanks for reading and considering how long it took me to update from the beginning, getting here a little late is probably a good thing. :wink:
But I'm trying to get better and that's why the next chapter is already here.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Just began reading this, can't believe I've never seen this legacy before!

Anyways, the first few chapters are hilarious! And the three boys are adorable!
darkangel985
Germany

Post by darkangel985 »

@Abby: Thank you. Glad you're liking it.

And the new chapter, now in orange, has arrived too.
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated Feb 13th

Post by darkangel985 »

Wow, once again a long time since the last post, but oh well, that's just the way it is. Pictures from the chapter are a little...hehe...I mean a lot...older, so no cute toddlers or vamps yet. But since they got me back into the game they will eventually turn up.
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated Feb 19th

Post by darkangel985 »

Next chapter is up. :)
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated Feb 27th

Post by darkangel985 »

And another chapter is up. I've finally managed to catch my writing up to my playing, so for once the pictures aren't months old.
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated March 6th

Post by darkangel985 »

Next chapter of the Colors is up.
robingreenthumb

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated March 6th

Post by robingreenthumb »

Loving it so far!
Spoiler:
Coral was such a fun looking sim, it's sad to see her go. Also I have to admit I died laughing at the vampire death- all those plans, to waste! Gotta say I'm torn between liking either Cornelian or Rust better, as both seem like fun sims- but Rust with his kelpto/goofball trait is amazing.
Looking forward to see what happens next!
darkangel985
Germany

Re: The Colors Rainbowcy - Updated March 13th

Post by darkangel985 »

@ robingreenthumb: Thanks for your comment and glad you're liking it.

The new chapter is out and my new plans are under way. Keep your fingers crossed that they work out better than the last ones. :D

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”