Apocalypse Question *New one* 7/17

Jendra

Apocalypse Question *New one* 7/17

Post by Jendra »

Does the lowest rating guide only deal with things you buy? I've topped Science and have a couple of tvs (that are definitely not the cheapest) in inventory thanks to networking gifts. I also have a couple of chairs worth more than the buying guide says I can buy that came with a spouse. Can I use these things or do I need to wait until Criminal is lifted (since that's where I have the lowest buying guide stuff)?
Last edited by Jendra on July 17th, 2017, 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Apocalypse Question

Post by Anne »

Hmm, good question! I always interpret it as that you simply can't own them, even if you didn't buy them yourself. I don't know which ruleset you're playing with, but under Intelligence it says "Only the lowest-rated objects of each category/subcategory/object type in Buy Mode are allowed", so that would suggest you can't own them altogether (except in your inventory of course). Oh, and I just noticed that it also says "are allowed" under Criminal, so same would go for that one, I think?
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

That's the way I had been interpreting it, but then I looked at that "in Buy Mode" and since I wasn't getting them from Buy Mode, I wondered <g>.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Hmm, I get what you mean! I think it's meant as opposed to Build Mode, though, but I could be wrong.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I play it the same way - they're not allowed.

Of course, if you get something that doesn't have a price tag, such as an unsellable career reward (and who knows what career rewards you might get, if you have the mods for custom careers?), then the pricing limitations do not apply. In fact, I'll even put down a pinball machine Gamer reward, even if the electronic entertainment would otherwise be restricted. Because it's a career reward, and they are magic.

But networking rewards, date rewards, or spousal inventory? I keep it in inventory, put it somewhere inaccessible, or burn it. Always reserve some inaccessible space in your house (preferably with a gate or door that locks) for such items, until Athletic is restricted, and you can carry it all in inventory. It's good or left-overs, too. Left-overs should always be inaccessible, so you don't accidentally autonomously clean them up. And for some reason, fences surrounding these plates on the roof actually keep the flies encased in that area, so it doesn't bring down the environment score. Weird.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Jendra

Re: Apocalypse Question *New one*

Post by Jendra »

So... ACR just made Marie pregnant. Problem being, Carrie carried all four of the others. If I'm reading the rules right, that means that even though this child is the same bloodline as his 3 full sisters and 1 full brother, it's to be treated as the child of a spare and can't lift anything, is that correct?
Jendra

Re: Apocalypse Question *New one*

Post by Jendra »

Well, they are, Carrie and Marie are married, Carrie gave birth to the four they currently have with Marie the other parent, it's just this time Marie is giving birth, with Carrie as the other parent, so they're still direct bloodline.
Jendra

Re: Apocalypse Question *New one* 6/5

Post by Jendra »

Proposals to move in may only be offered by the Sim who is in love and will produce the next generation with the new household member.

By this, do they have to be in love in love, or is a crush enough?
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Apocalypse Question *New one* 6/5

Post by Anne »

I would say they have to be in love in love and not just crushes, since the game makes a clear distinction between those two things :)
Jendra

Re: Apocalypse Question *New one* 7/17

Post by Jendra »

So, Amy was well on her way to Rock God and I pulled out the Rock-Hammer, then she got fired. Gretchen got fired the same day and picked up a job... in Music. Is Gretchen allowed to use the Rock-Hammer even though she's way too low to have her own?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Sorry. Only the person who is IN the career at the time may use the career reward, until that career is lifted. However, once the other person lifts the career, you may use BOTH guitars! In the meantime, seal it off, stick it in inventory, move it so it's inaccessible, or micromanage.

Bummer about getting fired. That's why I like an early Slacker lift.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I've been re-reading these threads (looking for my link to my successful Xtreme start), and just realized - if Gretchen got a job in Music, and was trying to make the lift, she should be able to use the career reward. Ooops! Sorry.

However, only Gretchen (the new sim in Music) could use it, and not Amy, who earned it in the first place.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”