Wave Your Flag

Official forum events!

Re: Wave Your Flag

Postby Nanners » April 5th, 2016, 1:51 pm

I'll take the Jolly Roger!

Though born in Illinois, I spent a good deal of my life in Iowa. I've also lived in Indiana for a time, as well as Texas. (I've even been to Mexico a couple of times!) Then I moved to Florida for a short while, and now I'm here in North Carolina. While I'm not super fond of the area I'm living in, the state is quite beautiful, even if some of the people leave a lot to be desired. I've done a fair amount of traveling in the past, and I'd love to a lot more, in the future. Additionally, pirates have always fascinated me (and not just the glamorous Hollywood portrayal, either).
Nanners
House of Woohoo
House of Woohoo

Medals: 1
Jolly Roger (1)

Postby Thaitanic » April 6th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Medals that I can award have been awarded up to this point.
If your medal isn't already a medal, you might have to wait a little bit so we can get that added to our medal pool :)
Call me Thai :party:
tumblr / sims challenges / simself lists / writing
Image Image
^ Just so y'all know I haven't given up with my stories yet :lol:
Thaitanic
oh no! an iceberg!
Global Moderator

Medals: 19
Golden Plumbob (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1)
Thailand (1)
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030

Postby Teresa » April 7th, 2016, 7:21 am

Added the new medals, so they should all be awarded up to here.
Active Sims 4 Legacy | Tribbles: A Legacy

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Medals: 29
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Completed a Challenge! (1)
Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
Drinks on the House (1) USA - Texas (1)

Postby DSLady » April 14th, 2016, 6:56 am

Can I take the Irish flag??

While I'm born and raised in England in an totally empty corner of Somerset, my father is Irish. Some of my favourite memories are from summers I spent with him in Ireland, like the water fight where I fell and sat in a bucket, the time I narrowly missed hitting somebody with a dart, and falling out of the motorised wheelchair on to my face because if you have it on speed 5, it sometimes randomly stops.
I have a picture taken with the friends I made there sitting on top of my PC tower. It was taken when I was eight and is in a frame for my 16th birthday, though it doesn't feel that long ago.
Oh, and I attribute my shortness to being part leprechaun, and if anyone speaks to me with an Irish accent I have to work really hard not to emulate it back to them - which makes it really awkward when you're at Longleat and the guy trying to convince you and your cousins that the maze is closing has an Irish accent and wants to have a conversation with you!
The Gordon Legacy - Gen Seven :: Runaway Gordon - A Runaway Teen Challenge :: Evans EPIC Challenge - Gen Four :: Dead Girl Walking - A story about love and assassins
DSLady
More Bitter Than Coffee
House of Smustle

Medals: 13
Golden Plumbob (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Winner (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) Happy Birthday (1)
Little Ball of Fur (1) Bolt of Lightning (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1) Ireland (1)

Postby Anne » May 31st, 2016, 5:17 am

I'd like the flag from the Netherlands!
I'm a born and raised Dutchie, and I'm usually not that patriotic - unless it concerns football/soccer. I'm pretty sure most of us in the Netherlands are like that. :lol: Most of the things I love about the Netherlands are to do with food... Speculaas, drop, stamppot... I also like the no-nonsense attitude people have here, especially in the north, where I'm from. My favourite place in the country is my home town, Groningen. It's got the best atmosphere and is absolutely beautiful. Although I don't know what the future will bring, I'm not planning on leaving it any time soon. :)
Anne
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Medals: 10
Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Drinks on the House (1)
Netherlands (1)

Postby Teresa » May 31st, 2016, 5:22 am

DSLady wrote:Can I take the Irish flag??

While I'm born and raised in England in an totally empty corner of Somerset, my father is Irish. Some of my favourite memories are from summers I spent with him in Ireland, like the water fight where I fell and sat in a bucket, the time I narrowly missed hitting somebody with a dart, and falling out of the motorised wheelchair on to my face because if you have it on speed 5, it sometimes randomly stops.
I have a picture taken with the friends I made there sitting on top of my PC tower. It was taken when I was eight and is in a frame for my 16th birthday, though it doesn't feel that long ago.
Oh, and I attribute my shortness to being part leprechaun, and if anyone speaks to me with an Irish accent I have to work really hard not to emulate it back to them - which makes it really awkward when you're at Longleat and the guy trying to convince you and your cousins that the maze is closing has an Irish accent and wants to have a conversation with you!

I will add the Irish flag later today and you should have it this evening.
Active Sims 4 Legacy | Tribbles: A Legacy

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Medals: 29
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Completed a Challenge! (1)
Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
Drinks on the House (1) USA - Texas (1)

Postby deadlylampshade » June 12th, 2016, 1:58 pm

I'd like to take the South African flag. :D

Anyone who has spoken to me for more than fifteen minutes knows about my deep love for my country. Everytime I wake up and see that glorious mountain I just feel like I belong.

To me, South Africa is just beautiful, and just radiates that beauty outwards. I've never seen a nation that has healed so beautifully than I have in my own country.

South Africa has problems and South Africa has its amazing quirks but it also has love and beauty and magnificence and I feel truly honoured to be part of this country.

I was physically born here but I feel like my soul is here.
Ayesha
내가 제일 잘 나가
deadlylampshade
NPC in the RPG of Life

Medals: 3
Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) South Africa (1)

Postby RavenAngel888 » June 22nd, 2016, 2:18 am

Welcome, fellow Safrican :grin: you just can't beat our country :grin: all the problems and it's still one of the most amazing places on Earth!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
You HAVE to read this!
The story of the Whitelight's
RavenAngel888
Moon Duchess
House of Plumbob

Medals: 8
Story of the Month (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Bubbles! (1) South Africa (1)

Postby cynicalbadger » July 13th, 2016, 1:55 am

My flag is the United Kingdom. I've only ever lived here and although I dream of moving to other places (hello Canada, New Zealand) I love the UK. The best place is obviously my hometown Newcastle because it's not too big and it's not too small, it's a city with cows close to the centre and a beach not far off. Even if it is cold in the North, the beach is home to ice cream and fish and chips. I want to wave this flag because it is where I've spent all of my life, it is my home and fills me comfort. Even though right now it's in a little bit of political turmoil that can't be avoided, it's all good :fluffy:
cynicalbadger
Shy Bairn
House of Woohoo

Medals: 22
Golden Plumbob (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) Silver Writing Award 2016 (1) Silver Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Pass the Parcel (1)
Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Simsimity » July 26th, 2016, 3:39 pm

Mine was a no brainer - the great state of Maine! While I've lived in many different places in my life, I was born and raised here and it's simply home. It's in my blood. Maine has a wildness I've never found anywhere else - course it might help that we have the population of a rather minor city chilling in one big state!

Maine - The Way Life Should Be. ;)
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Simsimity
Queen of Useless Information
House of Plumbob

Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Maine (1)

Postby simfulicious » August 19th, 2016, 4:58 pm

I am born and raised in the state of New York in the USA. I live in a small city outside of Buffalo, a place that is infamous for snow (even though we didn't even get one foot last year). I live in one of the few areas where the most direct route to Canada is West, not North, unless you want to swim across Lake Ontario. Speaking of water, we are also home to one of the Natural World Wonders...Niagara Falls.

For these reasons, I would love a New York flag...if you don't have New York...I would love the USA flag.
simfulicious
Queen of Beginning again...again!
House of Plumbob

Medals: 9
2016 Summer Screenshot (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Drinks on the House (1) USA - New York (1)

Postby peachy123uk » August 24th, 2016, 10:33 am

Quite a new member been reading lots of stories. My flag would be the UK born and bred and love the way our country is (except for the racism and other things) but we do have a diversity of people all over our small country even though it is big to us. I used to live in the London that was exciting for a few years being in the fast paced world, but escaped to a place called Devon where is meant to be sunny a lot (but isn't).
peachy123uk

Medals: 1
United Kingdom (1)

Postby Voguishstorm » August 24th, 2016, 1:20 pm

I would take the Canadian Flag. It is my country and a vast one at that. There are many beauties of nature here -though that is true for pretty much everywhere- such as the Rockies, Niagara Falls, forests and I have to say our autumns are breathtakingly colourful. Canada touches both oceans and I've wet my feet in them both. I also loves its winter coat, when it shines bright under the sun, like a desert of diamonds.
Voguishstorm
Mad Hatter
House of Woohoo

Medals: 10
Story of the Month (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1)
Canada (1)

Postby Blamsart » September 15th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Give me Canada!
My birthplace, been all over except British Columbia and the territories. I love this place, I love the diversity, the cultures and the people.
I like our buffalo, I like our bears, and I like how one province is flatter than a pancake, and another has Banff's rocky mountains
Click on the picture and join my now 9 generation long sims 3 story
Where nothing is as it seems...
*Light the Way to Heaven*
Blamsart
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Silver Writing Award 2016 (1) Happy Birthday (1) Canada (1)

Postby Wynter » September 16th, 2016, 4:29 pm

I'll take the South Carolina flag, please.
I live between north and south carolina, really. I often travel into both. I love the mountains of north carolina, as well as the beaches of south carolina. I love the "amber waves of grain" I see every morning as I look across my backyard. I love the smell of fresh venison and home grown veggies on the grill. I love the sound of crickets at night. I'm a carolina girl.
Wynter
crazy rat lady
House of Woohoo

Medals: 4
Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) USA - South Carolina (1)

Postby mojot89 » October 4th, 2016, 7:18 pm

I'd like a Michigan flag please!

I've lived in Michigan for 26 years, my whole life. While sometimes the winters make me want to move, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I love the colors of the leaves during fall when they change and making scarecrows with them to scare your kid neighbors is fun! As the Great Lakes State, you've never too far away from a day at the beach, just make sure you wear your sunscreen! I would watch out for the potholes in the roads though, they could really damage your car. Michigander for life!
mojot89
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 21
Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1)
2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) Bubbles! (1) USA - Michigan (1)

Postby darkangel985 » March 6th, 2017, 8:31 am

I would fly the German flag, please.

It's an easy choice for me, because I was born, raised and still live there.
Actually I was born in Eastern Germany, but since we have been reunited for so long, the normal German flag is the right one more than the former Eastern German one. Lots of people (over the age of 30 at least) still identify as Eastern or Western though, because there is a whole lot of different culture and mentality, even though we aren't that far apart geographically. And I'm proud of my Eastern German roots. We had the most fun cars there, they were called Trabbi and even though everyone says they were made from cardboard, that's not actually true...or maybe it is, who knows? :wink:
When I was younger, I always wanted to live in different countries, just not in plain old Germany. The older I grow, the more my opinion changes though. We have beautiful landscapes and as I already said lots of different cultural traditions.
And football/soccer...and beer...and Brezn (pretzels). :drinks:
darkangel985

Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Germany (1)

Postby Bexx87 » March 6th, 2017, 8:54 am

I pick the United Kingdom flag,

Im from the South West of the region and love Bansky, Brunel and our Accent, I love how we have our own currency, I love how we are a multicultural city, I love our festivials (harbourside, ballon and kite), I love how we help each other, I love the city and cant imagine living anywhere else and love how I have a job that shapes the city behind the scenes.

is that enough?
Proud owner of

[size=150][align=center]Wool Family: Generation A 22 kids so far **updated 01/04/17**
Bexx87
Simapopulas Owner
House of Plumbob

Medals: 2
Watermelon Bliss (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby jcampbell » March 6th, 2017, 11:56 am

I would like the Pirate flag.

Although I am from the USA I have always wanted to travel to other countries and plan to one day with the hubs. I couldn't pick just one state either because in my short lifetime I have lived in 7 different states. My family has always said that my mother has gypsy blood because she moved us around so much growing up. I may have a bit of that blood too because if I could I would just travel all the time and that is why the pirate flag is a good choice for me :wink:
ImageImageImage
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Medals: 12
2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1)
Happy Birthday (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby Cororon » March 7th, 2017, 8:56 am

darkangel985 wrote:And I'm proud of my Eastern German roots. We had the most fun cars there, they were called Trabbi and even though everyone says they were made from cardboard, that's not actually true...or maybe it is, who knows? :wink:

Yay, you were awarded the first German flag on the forum. :thup: And you're right, it's not cardboard but Duraplast! A plastic mixed with cotton. I've watched many documentaries about the DDR. :)
Cororon
Old Simpleton
Staff Moderator

Medals: 14
Golden Plumbob (1) Special Egg (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1)
Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Drinks on the House (1) Sweden (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Events