The Shepherd Legacy! Upd Feb 10th 2016 - 7.3

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Mariah

The Shepherd Legacy! Upd Feb 10th 2016 - 7.3

Post by Mariah »

Hey, I'm at the new forums! Here we go *cracks knuckles*

The Shepherds are not updated as often as my legacies before, however I intend to finish this just as I have every other legacy I've documented, so I hope you give it a chance all the same :D I should mention that it has references to sims and events from my other legacies at times and I apologize.
It's nothing but a regular ol' legacy inside and out, so if you're looking for something with a theme this is probably not for you, just to warn you.
And now I give you a list of updates and links to them:

Founding: 0.1 |
1st Generation: 1.0 | 1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 |
2nd Generation: 2.0 | 2.1 | 2.2 |
3rd Generation: 3.0 | 3.1 | 3.2 |
4th Generation: 4.0 | 4.1 | 4.2 | 4.3 |
5th Generation: 5.0 | 5.1 | 5.2 | 5.3 | 5.4 | 5.5(special!) | 5.6 | 5.7 | 5.8 |
6th Generation: 6.0 | 6.1 | 6.2 | 6.3
7th Generation 7.0 | 7.1 | 7.2 | 7.3
Last edited by Mariah on February 10th, 2016, 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Shepherd Legacy! Upd 25Jul - 7.0 [On Hiatus]

Post by Chase »

Welcome to the newer forums! I need need to catch up, I've missed your beautiful game :')
hello! :heartbeat:
Jamesie

Post by Jamesie »

Glad you made the move Mariah. :)

Also I love the new chapter!!!

Proud Narutard, Pokenerd and overall an Anime and Manga fan.

[Sims 3 simself] [Tumblr]

Sig by Thai
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

New chapter! Yay!
And welcome to the new forums :D Glad you've moved your legacy over here. (If you move completed ones over, you can get a shiny medal :shifty: )
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

Ally, that's so sneaky >:| I can't find my ISBI on the old forums? The link in my signature doesn't work :/ I found the Chimerees though. I wonder if I should just post it in the completed, or under rainbow legacies and then have it moved over? Which way is the way to do it?

Good to see you too James!

Chase O: I have to catch up on everyone's legacies too including yours. I've felt so disconnected. Usually reading other people's stuff makes me want to play more.
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

You can do it either way, that's fine :) And a lot of people have been moving them over to claim their medals, don't worry :) And you can always post a link to where your ISBI stories are, that's fine as well :)
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

I did it! I made a post for the ISBI in the completed challenges section and two posts in completed legacies for Chim-chim-cheree and the apple alphabet!
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

Amazing :) I will dish out some medals for you!
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Ahh, Mariah! You and your legacies have been one of the things I've missed most about not being active. I can't wait to catch up on this one! :)
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

I'll be honest, Lewis - I actually booted up my pc for the first time in months(I've been on a laptop) and played my legacy basically right after I posted the last update. So maybe I'll play ahead and update more often later, rather than doing one update every couple of months. Might be more pleasant for the reader. We shall see if my plan works! And it's good to see you again!
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

It's so good to see you again, Mariah! Even when I wasn't involved at all in the Sims community, I'd still check your website every now and to try catch up with your stories. I've finally caught up with the Shepherd's.
Spoiler:
First things first, your game is absolutely beautiful. The game itself looks so good through your pictures and your sims are stunning. All your houses too are so pretty and I love all the CC you have. I forgot just how nice your game looks! Makes me very jealous and really made me want to play TS3 more. You also make me wanna go out and buy all the expansions, but with TS4 round the corner, I'm trying desperately to resist.
After re-reading the whole of the Shepherd Legacy this evening, I remember not getting very far with it before. I think it was the Skipton's that I read more (which I will finish tomorrow, hopefully). I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Shepherd's tho. I loved Lima and Midge as a couple, they were so adorable!
I'll just write some comments about the latest chapter, otherwise I'll be here all night!
I can't believe Kevin and Jo died so early! I loved them as a couple and was so sad to see them go, although Kevin's ghost is awesome.
The new house, on the lake/river, is simply incredible! I love it, it makes for such a nice scenery for a legacy and I love all the shots you get of the boats etc.
Sam is SUPER pretty and I love that she's a fairy. Peanut is a sweet sim, apart from his name. :lol: I really enjoy Taylor and I'm glad that you're keeping her around for a bit, she's super fun to watch and I'm sure she's a ball to play. Paris is SO awesome. I love her hair and, well, everything about her really! You always have such fun and interesting sims in your game, totally not jealous. :shifty: All your lighting mods are awesome and they create such cool effects. SUPER jealous that you've got aliens too, although that's so annoying that it glitched and wouldn't work! Sam and Peanut's wedding was beautiful, I loved it. I'm so excited to see Athena, and hopefully, her future siblings grow up and see how they look with two such good looking parents. Glad to hear that you're playing a little more, but don't force yourself! Otherwise you'll get sick of it and end up not wanting to finish! Updates in your own time are perfect for me. I'm really glad I've caught up with this legacy and also that you're still around, I've missed you whilst I've been away! :D
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

Quick update: my computer's hard drive is dying. I won't even be able to play the legacy until I get a replacement, cause I'm afraid to turn the pc on at all. Thankfully I have a laptop I was already using as my primary access to internet so there's that. I made backups in two places so my legacy should be safe. I hope I get paid enough next month to get an SSD to avoid stuff like this further.
I've never had a pc die on me before! I played through like 4? legacies. Amazing.
LilyShadowWriter

Post by LilyShadowWriter »

Hooray for backups! I love everything that you've ever written, including of course this Shepherd Legacy! I'm sorry to hear about your PC--that totally sucks! I had a laptop crap out on me once in college and I lost EVERYTHING...I literally cried, lol. ....which reminds me, I need to make back ups of my DITFT soon! :eek:

Hope everything gets resolved soon!
Mariah

Re: The Shepherd Legacy! Upd 4 Oct - 7.1 [On Hiatus??]

Post by Mariah »

If it was posted in the middle of the night does it count as the day that passed or the next day? I wrote in the next day.. so yes I'm still on hiatus but for the hard drive reasons this time. Here's an update from pictures I had before the computer trouble! 7.1!

Edit: Good news is I got my old second job back so I should be able to afford a solid-state drive without problem when that job starts cashing out :goodvibes:
Mariah

Re: The Shepherd Legacy! Upd Feb2016 - 7.2 [Back from hiatus

Post by Mariah »

I've updated this legacy after a year and a half of inactivity and additionally I will be attempting to reinstall the game and continuing[/]. Please encourage me to go on, I really need it!

Here's the latest chapter as of the 31stof January 2016
pucksummerdream

Post by pucksummerdream »

oh man oh man OH MAN...
Spoiler:
I can't even tell which kid I like the best. Athena wins my affections for being a grumpy blueberry, but then Artemis has the eats-ice-cream-for-breakfast-author vibe that I so identify with.

And wow, your graphics really are the best around. Who's soul did you sacrifice to?

There's too much here to pinpoint. Great decorating, great captions, great sims...great comeback!
I'd be enthusiastic if you wanna keep updating the Shepherds, or started a new Sims challenge/legacy, but I'd honestly love to see you playing any vidya, yo. You could post let's plays of playing neopets games and I'd be into it.

Either way, it's cool to see you're back!!
ImageImageImage
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

pucksummerdream wrote: And wow, your graphics really are the best around. Who's soul did you sacrifice to?
Listen up: It's an nVidia GTS 250(yes that's a two-fifty) that I bought when TS3 first came out. It has been amazing value, but nowadays you really want something more. Most youtubers have stuff like 950 or something so I'm about 7 generations behind on graphics cards. This puppy has worked it's butt off so I could play the sims!
:drinks: I really wanna load up the game again. The more I think about this legacy the more I really want to finish it. Fingers crossed my PC will like me booting up TS3 again after so long.
I did end up getting my nice SSD and a new cooler for my cpu which I think I mentioned in the update so things should be okay.

I'm so glad there's someone so enthusiastic about seeing me back again. It really motivates me to do something.
Cheers!
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I won't be able to catch up for awhile, but I'm excited this is back! :D I can't wait :mrgreen:
hello! :heartbeat:
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

I am so excited to see a new chapter :D
Spoiler:
Alien baby :D
Athena is super adorable! Green eye magic <3
Everyone is adorable, and I missed your sims very much!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

So pleased you're back, I was literally just about to go reread the Skiptons. Would love to see this legacy completed.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]

Return to “Sims 3 Story Graveyard”