Arkadia: An RKC Rotation 2A Mar. 6th

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Arkadia: An RKC Rotation 2A Mar. 6th

Post by Ani-Mei »

Another attempt to start an RKC. This time we follow generation two of my second RKC Maladoreias into a new land.
Families:

Royal: Solidore
Nobles: Prescott, Crane, Van Braun, Trace
Merchants: Erde and Vesi
Peasants: Brenton, Chinook, Masashi

Intro:

A Brave New Land

Rotation 1:
Rotation 2:

Solidore

Charming the Prince: Another Bachelor Challenge
Last edited by Ani-Mei on March 6th, 2016, 2:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Arkadia: An RKC Intro Feb. 4th

Post by Pony »

Peer Pressure!!!!
Spoiler:
Yay Maladoreias is back. In a new land. I like the neighborhood terrain. A little hilly can be fun right?
Nemo certainly has a lot ahead of him. Well with his sisters to keep him in line, he'll do just fine.
Best of luck in the reboot!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Gah. My comment didn't work.

Well, let's try this again. This is all about trying again, right?
Spoiler:
I think your land is lovely. Lumpy is fine. It just means all the houses need to be built on foundations. But it's so beautiful!

Nemo is great: insecure, but trying not to show it, and be a strong leader, even as he deals with his fear and grief.

Jennifer and Anne are great, wise, and not a bit spoiled. Love them.

The situation with the future general is so understandable. I can't blame him, and I hope Nemo doesn't hold it against him, considering their position, and what's already passed.

Great intro!
Congratulations on your re-build! I hope your computer really cooperates with you, this time. Good luck!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Pony:
Spoiler:
Yes, the terrain is called Glacia Lake and it looks really pretty in the winter with all the snow everywhere. The picture shows it snowed over and I liked the way it looked. Yes, Maladoreias is back with the same kids as my founding families. Albeit with some different personalities and looks in some cases, I got their personalities as close to their born in game ones as I could so it works.
Michelle:
Spoiler:
The lumpy lands do make for some interesting houses, even if it drives my OCD about straight and levelness up the wall. I had a big lump/hill/mini mountain what have you when I was building the Prescott house. I tested the cost of an entire leveling and it was somewhere north of $60 000 so yeah there went that right away. And the deep gouge compared to the surrounding terrain bothered me too much to leave it so I fixed with with two different levels, still looks odd but meh; didn't cost sixty grand to do. Nemo was barely a teenager when he had to "run" so his insecurity is understandable considering now he has an entire kingdom to run and no parental experience or guidance what so ever to help with it. Makes it a different kind of new start, who ever said founding a kingdom in a wild, harsh wilderness was going to be a cakewalk huh?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Building on hillsides can be very interesting, though.
Spoiler:
I went to college in a very hilly town, and there were several building with multiple "ground floor" entrances. In fact, one was a favorite building during the winter. People would walk on the relatively flat low-land from the dorms to the Law building, and take the stairs or elevator INSIDE, and exit the other side of the building, rather than trying to walk up the ice-covered slope, or the treacherous outdoor stairs. It wasn't such a big thing in spring and fall, but summer (HEAT) and winter (cold and icy and slick as snot), and that building got very busy.

One building had entrances on three sides, all on different ground levels. I rather liked that one, from a safety standpoint. There were lots of emergency exits, and even at the top floor, you didn't have to go down ALL the stairs to get outside. Just one or two flights.

Of course, they did flatten the high ground of the campus, so they could have a nice flat quad, surrounded by the most important buildings. But the lower valley part of the campus just sort of dug into the side of the hill. It was pretty cool, actually.

If you can squelch the OCD - must be straight compulsion (hard to do, I know), then you can get some really nifty buildings.

Hmmmm, I wonder if you can make multi-level basements? After all, building a basement is just hollowing-out the foundation to the depth you want, and adding stairs and walls, so why not? Just digging deeper... Yeah, if you place your foundation starting at the highest level of ground, and then hollow out the inside, incrementally, it should be cheaper, and still give you plenty of workable space inside. With good lighting, windows won't be such a big deal. And actually, there may be cheats for that, as well. Sort of makes me want to place a lot on a steep hill, just to experiment a bit.
Well, have fun with it. I'm sure whatever you build will be lovely and functional.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Actually I tried to build a basement at the Prescott house, the hill was massive and the foundation ran deep. So I tried to put in a stair case and a stage to land them on then it said CANNOT BUILD STAGES INSIDE OF FOUNDATIONS so that is one thing I miss about Sims 3, that lovely basement tool. At least then I didn't have to guess if the basement was deep enough to add walls without the message COVERED BY FLOOR TILE appearing every time I tried to put in a wall. I know there's a tutorial on clockwatching on how to build basements but my computer does not let me use Boolprop codes to alter the game. It must be some sort of Windows 7 thing, it has never let me use them...ever.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

It's AlIVE!
LOL
Spoiler:
Hooray for survival of challenges. *sprinkles with good luck dust*
Hopefully this time your RKC won't blow up. Seriously this is cra cra.
Nemo looks like he's going to make an excellent king. It'll be interesting to see who he finally settles down with.
Good to see he's got 2 sisters about to look after him.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ash:
Spoiler:
Yes, let's hope this time it survives. Not a laptop so no overheated motherboard to kill things, no M&G on the desktop to make my game crash. I love my good ole' reliable 7 year old desktop. *sighs happily* Yes it's a 2009 model and it still works just fine. Though I do have to constantly get rid of those Get Windows 10 upgrades I am NOT doing so quit bugging me with it!! 10 is worse than 8.1. Anyway, I think I will go into the game, maybe place some more Maladoreian survivors and make sure I finish their weeks this time.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Re: Arkadia: An RKC Rotation 1A Feb. 7th

Post by Mauricette »

I love the way you write.
Spoiler:
Like magi representatives and townie nomads. It's very inspiring. I so badly want to start my own RKC now. XD Looking forward to more!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Aw it's sweet that Nemo is getting to know his people. He seems eager to get the military up and going. Is there danger on the way?
Connor and Jennifer are a cute couple. For some reason i was thinking everyone were still teens. Silly me. I hope Diana gets her bakery, I want some petal berry cake.
Lol poor Nemo doesn't even what he's in for. Do you want any Arbor Watch ladies? I know I don't have any plot going there so not super detailed back stories. But if you like anyone in particular let me know. Too bad no one in Silver Bend is old enough yet.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Mauricette:
Spoiler:
It's an epidemic RKC fever, catch it. :lol: Well the Townies are nomads, they are everywhere and have no physical homes right? Magis count as Peasant classes in an RKC, I did have a cool Wizard's house before but I lost it in the M&G fiasco. And I haven't gone back on MTS2 to find it again. Magis also have different rules that let you turn aging off for one week at at time so they age slower than the rest of the hood. I haven't had one yet, but hey new frontiers and all right? Thanks for stopping in.
Pony:
Spoiler:
No, there's no danger on the way Prince Nemo just wants to have a security force in place. It's protocol for a new land, establish a settlement, then a force to defend said settlement because the wilderness is wild and untamed. And they were still teens in Maladoreias, River was getting dropped for everyone including princesses and I had no idea who would end up with who. I never got the chance to find out. I will put out another casting call for Prince Nemo's BC eventually, and Cupid will of course be back to MC the whole thing. It's my trademark it seems to put him everywhere there's a chance to find love and happiness, and I love my Greek gods so there. Also plotz, can't pass up a chance for plotz, I can never write anything without one.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Great minds think alike.
Spoiler:
As I was reading that I was wondering if you ever planned to bring in other RKC or BaCC sims.
I like you are opening up the field for Nemo a bit.
I'm sure Catherine won't like it, but yeah we don't want inbreeding. *snort*
So happy Connor and Jennifer ended up together. Looks like they will be quite happy.
And hooray for heir's on the first pregnancy!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ash:
Spoiler:
Yes, I figured do it early and avoid issues later like in one generation when all the houses end up related and no new blood can come in. I may end up with a lot of unmarried Noble females since I don't have enough males. And since I picked Chase's rules I can't marry Townies to the Noble females since the rules say only Peasants can marry Townies since they're lower than them. My boys are outnumbered two to one this time. Yes, Catherine won't like her prince being taken away by someone else but well her twin married his sister and the kids would be cousins so yeah, not going to work.

Little Jason is adorable, though I am not sure what Nobility titles the children of dukes get, Marquis? Count? Baron? I have no idea. Anyway, I like the sound of Marquis Jason Prescott so we'll go with that. He's a total genetic clone of his father though, I hope he at least gets Jennifer's ears.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Yeah that's part of the reason I said no to Gertie marrying Amir. After I married Fran to Erec Roth I was like no we don't need 2 Monty girls marrying into the same family.
I'm basically just making up ways for certain sims to be nobles so I could marry off all those Roth kids to achieve Caius' LTW.
Okay well one married a vacation sim and I was all ya know what political marriage. I'll just say they are well to do in a nearby kingdom. ROTFL.
Do what ya gotta do right?
Miri

Post by Miri »

Wow you're stubborn! I like it. :celebration:
Spoiler:
Looks like Nemo's going to make a very good king.
And let's face it; Nemo is an awesome name for a King.
Ooooh nice giving your sims titles when they marry up.
Pfft I never know how titles work..I'd be so epically lost in a medieval world. :rotfl:
I look forward to more of this.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Miri!! You're alive!! Where you been?
Spoiler:
Yes, Nemo is awesome he just needs a good queen by his side. The Nobility titles is something I didn't get to really do in my last RKC so I figured I'd do it right this time. I will definitely finish an entire rotation this time I have motivation to finish it. I need to do another BC and I know how much everyone loves them.
Miri

Post by Miri »

Hahahahaha yeah I'm alive. I've just been under this rock right here. :P
More like life ya know happened.
Spoiler:
Oh yes your bachelor challenges are always a fun read. I've always enjoyed reading them. I'm sure this one will be no exception.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Arkadia: An RKC Rotation 1B Feb. 10th

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, great! An update!
Spoiler:
Those lots are lovely! You're a good builder. I'm still building boxes, mostly.

I like the custom to host a party at the beginning of the round. Wow, those relationships are just zooming! Of course, by the time you're at the fourth household, they've pretty much met each other already, and have frequently already shown their preference.

Like Catherine. Geeez, Louise! Is she ambitious, or what?

Delilah is adorable, and Abigail is sweet. I feel a bit sorry for Emmet, shoved into marriage like that. But that happened to many people. At least he's being nice about it.

i have a feeling, though, that poor Catherine is not going to marry the prince, but wind up being romance fodder. It would suit her aspiration, but not the social mores. Well, discretion is the better part of valor, right?

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”