The Apocalypse Challenge: The Movie May 4 Update

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Apocalypse Challenge: The Movie Apr 27 Update

Post by Lorinsv »

Still watching and enjoying. I never read The Great Train Robbery either, but I saw the movie (Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland, Lesley Ann Down). Have you? I love it! Also didn't read Disclosure but liked the movie a lot.
:thup:
Image Image
ISTJ
BlueBerryPie

Re: The Apocalypse Challenge: The Movie May 4 Update

Post by BlueBerryPie »

I have not watched The Great Train Robbery. Knowing Sean Connery is in it might spark some interest in getting around to it though. I have watched Disclosure. It was rather confusing to understand what was going on when I initially watched the film, but after reading the book and giving it another viewing it did make more sense. Being older helped as well.

Super treat for viewers, I got two updates this week. With family visiting, I won't be able to get to the computer, much less the internet for a week or so. Enjoy'em!
Part 09 - Don't just let him go.
Part 10 - Pause and get it done.
Bearly Alive Apocolypse Challenge Thank you to all who voted. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Donald Sutherland is a hoot in GTR!
Image Image
ISTJ
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

I think they're so fun to watch. I've liked the few I've watched because it makes me start my game up. :haha:

Keeping coming and I'll be able to watch them all soon! :applause:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Poor Frank just can't catch a break for the Athletic lift, can he?

It was cool hearing about the books you liked, but sometimes I couldn't hear, because the sims were talking at the same time. It was fine when Frank was alone, though, and made it more interesting than watching a silent sim washing his hands over and over and over.

Are you using base rules? I just had to memorize a whole new set of rules, and I get confused, sometimes. I liked the "Pause and get it done," when you had to go and check your notebook. Yay! I'm not the only one who has to keep referring to the rules! Even the base rules were really complex.

Still, he's doing pretty well in his career, so if he never gets Athletic, at least he'll lift Show Business, right? He seems to be halfway along there.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
BlueBerryPie

Post by BlueBerryPie »

No update yet. I'm going to try and get one out by next Monday, but I'm afraid I can't promise one for sure.

Lorin
Spoiler:
For some reason my tired mind thought GTR stood for Grand Theft Railroad. >_>
Rflong: Thank you for watching. :)

Michelle
Spoiler:
Sorry about the sound from the game overwhelming my own. I'll keep that in mind and adjust the game volume for next time. I am playing with the base rules up to Open for Business.

My only hope for Frank is that he gets enough friends to top Show Biz at the very least. I find making friends without some of the social interactions available from later expansions to be a bit more time consuming. Especially when relying on walk-bys and military having strict phone invites.
Bearly Alive Apocolypse Challenge Thank you to all who voted. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Missed that last update of yours, but caught up now :) That Athlete career is sure being elusive.
Image Image
ISTJ
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

I remember you. Still writing hilarious apocalypses I see! I like how you put them into videos. This makes me want to play the Sims 2 again!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, after the first few chapters, I had to stop watching, because I was getting too tense, and I kept wanting to click on your person, and tell him to do different things. "Greet the neighbor! Don't let Meadow just walk away! Wait! Who is this Radio Music person, and why are you not befriending... wait. Not my game. He's playing it his own way." So, I stopped watching.

But today, I got out my knitting, and watched the whole thing, without once reaching for the mouse. It was quite restful, and entertaining, and now I want to get back into my apocalypse, or maybe even start a brand new one, just because. You inspired me! Huzzah!

Seriously, though, it is HARD to actually watch another player play your favorite game. I don't know how my sister does it, with her favorite "Let's Play" channel.
Spoiler:
At this point, I think Frank should just lift Show Business, because he's over half-way along, isn't he?
I like hearing about all the books you remember. So many of them were books I never read, and now I think I'd like to borrow them from the library.

Other possible topics of conversation - favorite movies, favorite recipes, funny things the children in your life do (even childless people have friends with kids, or neighbors, or something), or pets, or interesting facts you have learned lately. I love trivia. My father used to call trivia "World famous facts that nobody knows."
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
BlueBerryPie

Post by BlueBerryPie »

Thanks for the response, MichelleCYoung! :) I know exactly what you mean about coming to terms when watching someone else play a game. Whether it was in the past commenting on my sister's house designs and proper method of directing sims in the past or pointing and yelling at the screen when watching other youtubers.

I do appreciate the ideas you have offered on conversational topics. I'll be sure to keep them in mind when I find myself picking this back up.

Thank you! :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

It's really fun watching you play. I do hope you pick it back up again, too. Apocalypses are so much fun! And now that I've figured out the trick of watching other people play, I enjoy it.

I got sucked into Stardew Valley for a few months, and watched SO MANY "Let's Play" videos.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”