What are you writing?

Story that you want to share? This is the home of all stories, small or large.
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

What are you writing?

Post by Ally »

What are you working on at the moment? Writing a novel? Composing some poems? Share here :D
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: What are you writing?

Post by Chase »

I started a novel as a project for school, and I've been working on it a ton recently. It's about a teenager 300 years in the future, basically :)
hello! :heartbeat:
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

That sounds exciting! Does it have to be a certain length if it's for school? :)
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I started it for a loose-ended project, my goal was to reach 10,000 words for the project, with intentions of continuing it after school was over. It's looking right now like my first draft will be done in the next couple of months, and it'll probably have 60k-70k words :D
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I just write whenever I get the urge to, my true writing time is during NaNo in November though. I didn't finish last year since things happened and couldn't focus but hopefully this year I can make it all the way through.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I'm also going to try NaNo this year :D All of my past attempts have been extremely petty, lol, but this year my schedule should be a lot more forgiving, and I've been getting used to writing more regularly :D

As far as what I'm writing right now, I added to a to-do list just now. That counts, right :shifty:
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

Wow - massive project then Chase! If you need anyone to read anything, I'm more than happy to :) And yes, to-do lists always count ;)

I love NaNo, and may try and take part, but I'm working full-time now, so finding the time to sit down and write is going to be a challenge. I like Camp NaNo, because of the fact that you can set your own goal, but not sure I'll have time to write 50k in November :(

Do you guys have plans for what you'll write for NaNo already?
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Anyone say NaNo? Hehe, this November I'm not really having anything going on so I'll be hitting that month hard if I don't start any other fiction projects before then.
I have several stories from past NaNos that never found their true storyline so I'll probably be looking at them.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

I'm working on the outline for a project that I'm hopefully going to tackle for NaNo, My school schedule is sort of hell, but I'm going to hopefully have a solid regiment for my time to manage 8 hours of writing and 8 hours of studying per day.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

Wow, that's dedication Faye Silver! Sounds like you're going to have a very busy November :P
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well I lost my other laptop to motherboard failure and it took all my stories with it when it died so I've lost all my past NaNo's and everything else I was writing. I have a new laptop now and have wanted to write but I just haven't yet. I usually run my iTunes while I write and I lost that too when my laptop died. I haven't replaced my music on this computer yet I have to use a portable optical drive since this one doesn't have one so maybe that's why I haven't. NaNo starts in three days so I'll have to get a move on if I'm going to transfer my music again.
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

Oh no, Ani-Mei! Have you got an external hard drive to use as a back up disc as well, to make sure you don't lose anything again? :)
It's definitely a set back, but I'm sure you can do it :D
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I actually found all my stories on a jump drive, just not my most recent ones. But all my NaNo's were on there which is a relief because I'd thought I'd lost them all. Same thing with all my music folders, I had burned them onto a DVD so I just copied them all over to the new one. Too bad I didn't think to save my Sims, but as I found out this new graphics card is too advanced and will not run Sims 2.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

NANO IS HERE!! WOO!! My novel is going to be called Charged By Fate and it's a superhero adventure story, I really want to finish it this year.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

WHAT ANI-MEI SAID! About NaNo anyway! My novel is On the Wings of Angels and it's an urban fantasy. I'm with you about finishing too Ani-Mei
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

I'm not writing anything for NaNo this year, which I'm sad about, but I'm going to try and write something this month, even if it's just a short story or two :)

Your stories sound great!
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Ahh so sad to hear all about it Ani-Mei, now i have fear for my Sims 2 luckily my first laptop is still working but by next week I'll have a new one... Darn Sims 2 still not be updated to keep up with daily technology.

Also been working on a totally pansted NaNo this year, something good actually coming out of it! Hit 10,000 a few minutes ago. Personally has been an intresting first week since I barely known what the next scene will be, no less how the scene I'm working on will end.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I just got stuck at 15000 so I don't know what to do either. It's the tenth day and the chart on the site says I should be a 16666 by this time but I'm not. I didn't write at all yesterday, I played Sims on my desktop instead. See that computer still runs Sims 2 so I just lost some CC but if I was so inclined I can rebuild and restart my lost challenges. Not my legacy though the duel legacy was already on generation 5.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Hope things are doing better for ya Ani-Mei

So I'm just hitting 30,000 words. Which actually is pretty good for the past couple of days since getting past 25,000 after losing nearly 10,000 words in the end does make somethings easy enough.

I'm burnt out from the job that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, didn't realize how much I could hurt after a chaotic last couple of weeks. Which makes it complicated to get another 20,000 words. The only thing saving me is how my plot is have a total remodel and needs a better flow of proper realization and learning my characters is wanting to go through (true fully for me its getting a bit too exhausting for what I prefer). Also I actually bought a winner's shirt this year, keeping it until I enter I'm a Winner onto the site by next week.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes

Return to “Writing Corner”