The Matriarchal Legasea - Updated 2/15/15

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

The Matriarchal Legasea - Updated 2/15/15

Post by Taube »

Welcome! This is a matriarchal legacy that started out on boolprop many years ago, migrated to another forum for a while, and is now back at boolprop too. It was originally a joint legacy between me and my friend thinmintsim (Kristina), but she no longer plays Sims 2, so as of generation 4 (chapter 4), I have been playing it as a single-player legacy, with Kristina's blessing. :)

The Matriarchal Legasea exists in a world inhabited by pirates, strange elemental and nature spirits, aliens, magical beings, and, most of all, mermaids. Each chapter covers a generation, told by the heiress (and once an heir), and each generation has a different ocean- or water-related naming theme. If you love mermaids or the ocean or even just matriarchal legacies, give The Legasea a try! :fish:

A new update chronicling the life of generation 7 heiress Britannic is now available! :plumbob2:

Prologue
Chapter 1 by thinmintsim
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 by thinmintsim
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 New!
Last edited by Taube on February 15th, 2015, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Matriarchal Legasea

Post by Taube »

Chapter 7, covering the seventh generation of the Legasea family and told by the heiress, Britannic, is now available. Enjoy! :D

Please be sure to vote in the heir poll! Thanks! :)
batsmeg

Re: The Matriarchal Legasea - Updated 2/15/15

Post by batsmeg »

I'm slowly working my way through your wonderful story-- it's so engrossing! I'm not sure I have anything constructive to say, except thank you :grin:
I still have the second half of chapter 7 to read, and I'm looking forward to savoring it.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Aw! No, thank you! What a nice reply. :D I really love this family and put more time into them than I do for any of my other legacies to get the stories right, so I love hearing that people like them too. I hope you really enjoy the end of Chapter 7!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Tried to read the second chapter but the pictures on slides 15-17 and 17-19 don't show.

*EDIT* Sometimes they fix themselves although every chapter so far has had slides that lag and don't show up right away. Will add more as I go through.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I'm sorry about that. I don't really know why they're doing that, except that Slideshare is not as reliable as one would hope. They're showing up okay for me, but please do let me know if something isn't working and if it's within my power, I'll fix it. :) If anyone knows more about why it's doing that, I'd love to hear it because it's annoying to me when things don't show up.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

It's not Slideshare, it's the program used to convert them from the Exchange. I've seen it before with other Exchange conversions using Slidify.

*EDIT*
Spoiler:
It must have been my internet being tempermental last night because I could see them all now. Too bad I missed the poll, I would have picked one of the younger twins. You don't see many matriarchy legacies nowadays, they seemed to have vanished when Dor did from Boolprop. :upsidedown: Although it is interesting to see the mermaid tail CC still around, I figured it was one of those things that vanished with the original CC sites back during the heyday of the Exchange. I'll keep looking out for new chapters.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Thanks, Ani-Mei. :)
Spoiler:
Yeah, both matriarchies and silly CC like mermaid tails are rare these days, but this legacy was started back when those things were very popular. Life conspired to stretch out the work on this, but I am incredibly stubborn about finishing what I started! I've hung on to the mermaid tails all these years just for this legacy. I think you can still get them on Insim, though.
Thanks for reading!
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

How do you even co-write a legacy?! That's so freaking cool!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Hi, Mauricette. :)
Spoiler:
Basically, we took turns playing and writing generations. She wrote/played generation 1 until then the gen. 2 kids became teens, then passed the lot with family off to me, and I did the same the next generation. This used to be more popular many, many years ago, but unfortunately it's not very good for your game. Already-played families come with a metric buttload of dangling, useless files, like all the character files of sims they used to know that no longer exist. We were lucky and didn't have many major problems (and the major problem we did have was fixable with some careful SimPE editing), but other people sometimes aren't, so I understand why it's not really done anymore. That said, it was a lot of fun to share a legacy with a friend and come up with ideas and rules together. Hope that answers your question!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”