Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by Chase »

Thought I'd recreate this topic as it's nice place for Apocalypse players to discuss exclusively Apocalypse things :D
Spoiler:
So far the three generation 4 girls are all still alive, two teens and one a child. I've planned out their careers already, it's looking like I'll be going Education, Military, and Law. So I'll be that much closer to university, which means... next generation, hopefully I'll be able to lift Paranormal and Politics. So I can place all the graves as far away from the house as possible. :eek:

edit: FINALLY got two of them to adulthood, with no deaths except their dad (from platinum old age :D). And what a miracle, the first job in the paper the night they grow up is Law (one of the ones I want)! Finally something is going right!!!
hello! :heartbeat:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by Ani-Mei »

Generation 4 mainline are all teens now, I have to make my rounds to the cousins and half siblings who don't know they're half siblings to the mainline...and then start to film my next chapter.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

That sounds problematic :eek:
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

My extras all got sent to other peoples houses and ignored. I prefer it that way!

My seventh gen is still being ignored in the sim bin while I try to decide if I want to play them through Uni with the Politics and Architecture restrictions still in place or if I want to send them home to take care of those particular restrictions before sending gen 8 to college.

Meanwhile I'm playing my BaCC ^_^ ... where I go around and play everyone's house... but I don't want to do that for Apoc... weird. Then again, I don't have a story for the Apoc, I'm not even taking pictures, so there's really no reason to play them.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Ani-Mei wrote:It is since the half siblings are being tainted by evil vampire hunters... :diablo:
Ah, so the typical problems. I understand :P

And Jendra you have a few finished already, don't you? If you still have one published and accessible you can post it for the apocalypse medal :grin:
Or am I thinking of a different person :shifty:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I played yesterday, they're all teens now. Teens with no school to go to and 15 days of canceling the Go To School action from the queue. Fun times...this is the last generation of no high school though so bonus!! :highfive: :celebration:
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by Chase »

Crap, I meant to quote you but accidentally edited your post :shifty: Sorry if anyone saw that :shifty:

But I was going to say: Ah, the Apocalypse life :P
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

I'll eventually finish, but no, I didn't take any pictures of the apoc. And yes, I do have one finished that I did take pictures for, Until the Garden Grows, but it's only on clockwatching.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Spoiler:
So, there's about to be 2 new people in the house. My gen. 3 heiress (Kali) died of old age (platinum), in the best location so far (on the very edge of the lot!), but now there's going to be the new heiress's spouse (because the heir poll has an obvious favorite :P) and a new dog! Culinary is still not re-lifted, but I think I'm gonna set the spouse on it.
Eleanor found her job on the first day of adulthood, and Alyssa on her second, but Esther is still unemployed. I might just have the heir start having kids if Esther will be there to take care of them, and I can sync her schedule with the pregnancy.
Well if you share the links in a thread the medal will be yours, :grin:

edit:
Spoiler:
The ghosts are being absolutely ruthless. They killed a townie that came home with someone from work, right in the main bedroom. Great. There have been three ghosts out every night for several nights in a row, and there's been three close calls with Alyssa- she would have died if she wasn't a secondary knowledge sim (having ghost wants, meaning she'll be gold so she can get in the energizer right away). I cannot WAIT to unlock college and get paranormal finished!!!

edit: ANOTHER townie just got killed, as I was commanding someone to say goodbye to her! This time it was in the living room! UGH!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I would like to move my Apocalypse Safehouse thread over here, but there's no separate section for Apocalypse Chat anymore?
Image Image
ISTJ
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Nope, not at this time. Just post it in Legacy Chat.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Spoiler:
One promotion away from lifting Showbiz (pet), two promotions away from lifting Law, and 5 promotions away from lifting Military. I have two Sims currently waiting on the newspaper for Culinary and Education. Both have appeared once (in the same day, actually), but neither have been the first listing. I'm just hoping it comes sometime before they turn elderly -_-

Everything has been going fine, though. They've cooked one or two meals in the past week or so; the dog gets it most of the time. Mostly there isn't a need to eat, as the house is pretty dependent on the energizer (and the Jumbok statue).

edit: Few (sim) days after I posted this, both careers come up, Culinary the first day then Education the next! Yay :) Have had a few more close calls with ghosts, but everyone is fine. Scares happening right before Alyssa goes to work early in the morning have prevented probably promotions, though... whatever.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :D

I had to restart my Apocalypse and really didn't want to do it the same way so while waiting for my computer I figured I'd try a Random Apocalypse. Man is that hard to roll- I used Excel with the random option. I'd either get a 'way too easy' with Gamer/Military/Intell/Culinary- all the best lifts first or a 'no can do' with Criminal/Politics/Law Enforcement to start, which does nothing. :eyebrow:

I finally got one that is do-able, maybe 10 tries...

He's finished Uni and is on his first week of the real Apocalypse. Fun times! :begging:

I remember reading an Apocalypse where people voted for what was the least important lifts (sorry I don't remember the name :duh: ) and I thought about doing a Poll Apocalypse- letting people vote to see what is lifted next, but then I got scared no one would vote but me. :cryingeyes: (I'm always so :splat: confident!) :pan:
Maybe next time. :D
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I do remember that one, but I can't remember who did it either. The concept still shocks me, though :P
Spoiler:
Just topped Law! No immediate benefit to that, obviously, and there won't be one for awhile as no one is doing Law Enforcement/Politics/Slacker yet. I'm just very glad to get it out of the way, especially since this is the second try (my first sim in Law, Kai, died super early).

Military is coming along nicely, but it needs to come faster. Alyssa (the heiress) is doing it and she has 15 days before elderhood, and she still needs to have as many babies as she can.

Education and Culinary are coming along slowly; both are near the bottom of the track. There's really no rush on Education, though (it'll be awhile until the kids are teens, seeing as they don't exist yet), and I've been doing fine without culinary (recently, at least :shifty:) so it shouldn't be too difficult until that's topped.

I don't think it's gonna happen this generation, but the next generation I want to have a good six or seven children. I am so behind in terms of restrictions/generation :P

edit: Ah, I just remembered a way to get around age... All I'll say is: benefits to having a Natural Scientist founder, hehehehehe.

Yup, may have just cowplanted a spare. Maybe :shhh:
hippielayla86

Post by hippielayla86 »

My apocalypse is a two in one currently. I haven't written a chapter in a while because I've been involved with joint projects, but I'm looking forward to starting it back up :D So below is a summary of where I am with restrictions in the chapters that are posted :)
Spoiler:
My current Apocalypse is becoming a combined version of my previous Peters Apocalypse that I started and posted here a long time ago, and my current one that I started after my computer completely crashed and I thought I had lost the Peters. I was able to finally get my sims files back, and so I had two apocs I could play - so I did the logical thing, introduced the heiress of the Peters to the heir of the Lakshmis. The only theme I have going is that I name the children of the apocalypse after songs named after people - so my current heir is Frank ("Frank Sinatra" by CAKE) and the chapter titles are taken from lyrics from those songs.
These are my lifted restrictions in order - not the original order I planned for, but this is how they opened up in the newspaper for me:
Gen 1 Founder - Mara - Art (bonus was painting to keep them entertained and I got portraits!, negative is a bunch of paintings that I can't sell when I forget to stop them from finishing :lol:)
Spouse - Gerry - lifted the much more helpful culinary
Gen 2 Heir - Clint ("Clint Eastwood" the Gorillaz) - Politics
Spouse - Anna - Medical finally came up - and since it was before the rule was added about only moving in spouses by their partner, she was working on this while Clint was still a teen
Spare - Alison ("Alison" - Elvis Costello) - Music - no more eternal winter! :D
Spare - Buddy ("Buddy Holly" - Weezer) - Law
Gen 3 Heiress - Eileen ("Come on Eileen" Dexy's Midnight Runners) - Education
Spouse - Benny - Military
Spare - Dylan ("Dylan in the Movies" Belle & Sebastian) - Journalism
I'm currently in the fourth generation -
Gen 4 Heir - Frank ("Frank Sinatra" - CAKE) - he is currently working on Law Enforcement
Spouse - None yet
Spare - Gideon - attending college
Spare - Henry - attending college
Spare - Isaac - teen
Pets - Showbiz - lifted
Security -
Service - lifted
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I don't have much to say except... my heiress got pregnant, and she looks SO RIDICULOUS
She has a long ponytail CC hair normally but in maternity she has the short thick curly hair braids

My PLUMBOB
hippielayla86

Post by hippielayla86 »

:lol: Oh the joys of not having the Show Business restrictions lifted - I've been really tempted to go after that one before some of the others just because not being able to change their ridiculous outfits drives me crazy! At least its not like when I first stared and every single sim born into the family had the same hair :eek: that always drove me nuts!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Interesting to see how everyone has different priorities. Show Biz lift for me won't happen until generation 5, generation 4 has to open the colleges first. My founder lifted Paranormal first and that proved to be invaluable. Ask Chase how that worked out for him not having it lifted. ;)

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”