Mystical Maladoreias: An RKC Ch. 7 Sept. 23rd

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Mystical Maladoreias: An RKC Ch. 7 Sept. 23rd

Post by Ani-Mei »

Since I lost my other Royal Kingdom challenge due to M&G destroying it, I wanted to start another and this is my new one. I will update this page once I get the first few families written up in the meantime here are the first four families I have played already:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Monarch: The Solidore Family
Nobles: Prescott, Crane, Van Braun
Merchants: Erde, Vesi
Peasants/Magi: None yet.

Year One:

Solidore and Prescott
Crane and Van Braun

Year Two:

Solidore and Prescott
Crane and Van Braun
Erde and Vesi

Year Three:

Solidore and Prescott
Crane and Van Braun
Last edited by Ani-Mei on September 23rd, 2015, 3:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Mystical Maladoreias: An RKC

Post by Chase »

Excited to see this :D Sorry to bother with a WCIF, but do you use a default replacement for the grass terrain? Or is that from picture editing? :D It looks great!
hello! :heartbeat:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Mystical Maladoreias: An RKC

Post by Ani-Mei »

It's a default replacement for the grass, I got tired of the splotchy Maxis neighbourhood grass.

Greener Grass
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Re: Mystical Maladoreias: An RKC Ch. 1 Feb.10th

Post by cynicalbadger »

I love the custom content. I have none installed in my game currently so I am incredibly jealous of all your beautiful sims and children (all children born in my BACC so far have brown or black hair with the tan skintone, with Generation 2 of my founder being the exceptions). The way your presenting it now is interesting enough for me story-wise :) It can be a lot of hard work trying to write a lot of fiction. I just want to see the population grow!

Good luck with it!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

:#1: :applause:
Spoiler:
What a sad yet lovely beginning for a kingdom - too bad, MNG killed your last kingdom... I advise to back up every time after playing a household, and use Late Mootildas Hood Checker at Mts.com, Pescado's Lot Debugger aka Batbox at moreawesomethanyou.com, and DJFade's Compressorizer at DJSims on the entire neighborhood to stop any corruption and over excessive neighborhood size due to giant new lots and an overamount of boring memories and constant gossip right from the start - it saved my butt so far. Also, several of Pescado 'no-more-spawning' hacks to keep the 'real' hood population under control are a good way to keep the game stable...

- Okay, rant off about game strategies and to the kingdom at hand: first is - Nemo :awesome: - yeah, I like him already...

- to be honest, I expect him to later wear knight armour and a knight helmet over his head *cough*reminiscencetoscubahelmet*cough*... perhaps as a bit of subplot, he gets into a fight or punch-me-punch-you game, from which he suffers a nasty scar over the face and wears the helmet to hide it... *cough*alsoreminiscentofacertainstylingaccident*cough*...

The terrain is very well chosen, and both Prescotts and Solidors look great for the roles you fitted them - is there some backstory to King Vayne being an elf or fay, as in: is it an elvish/fay kingdom? How are relations between fays and humans, like I guess (can't see the ears) the Prescotts? And since Hayden is a politican, is it more of an constitutional monarchy or an absolute one? And what about magic? ... yeah, totally starting to delve in... :idea:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Fiona:
Spoiler:
Yes, most of my CC had to be replaced and hunted down again because, again M&G deleted MY ENTIRE downloads folder. And I lost a lot of my older CC that I can't find anywhere now. MTS2 had a server crash/meltdown and they lost a lot of the older files from 2006-2008 when most of my favoured content came out. Lesson learned: if you have a RAR file you love PUT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE in addition to the game folder. Other than that, I'm liking the small back story too. I hope to keep it small and only release a little history at a time.
Nemo (yes, gonna call you that now):
Spoiler:
I have the Batbox and I am constantly clearing my lots both home and community (the ones I can edit anyway stupid hobby lots) to keep it free and clear of useless memory build up, stuck things/sims, invisible things/sims, furiousness from uncontrollable Uni dormie fights on Hobby lots...I'll have to look for the others though. Mostly because in my WYD my baby mama got the Head for Numbers business perk and it freakin' crashes every time she tries to use the phone, no idea why. Anyway, whining aside, Prince Nemo may very well find that knight armour in his father's castle once he's old enough to wear it...he's only a baby now. The history of King Vayne and kingdom structure will come out slowly as I play through just trying to go slow at first and develop some ideas. Magic will eventually come once I get some community lots built, the high witches seem to love player owned ones to cause trouble on I've seen. Anyway, off to read yours.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Great start! Lovely royals and nobles :D I'm enjoying the pacing of this :)
hello! :heartbeat:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Chase:
Spoiler:
I found the terrain replacement for you, see second posting. I'm also trying to slow the pacing, too much plot in four different challenges wears Ani-Mei out. :faint: Thanks for popping by. :hug:
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Mystical Maladoreias: An RKC Ch. 2 Feb.15th

A most interesting development -
Spoiler:
You have alien twins too? How much Cheese Cake did Darius have? :mrgreen:
- as a magical being, how will society react to Isaac and Starlight? Yes, Sim Society will react just fine, but will there be whispers in the background...Burn the witch? :diablo:

Please don't tell me you didn't break any water pipes before finding all 3 treasures? :ouch

Ah, clara and the weazel... :hearts:

- Could you show more close up pictures of the kings and nobles houses? They look good, but a bit blurry in the pics... :geek:

:woot: :#1: :drinks:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Nemo:
Spoiler:
Next time I'll take some close ups of the houses either from the hood or the lots. Actually, they didn't hit a single water pipeuntil the very end after my treasure chests, the LOTP was digging there and I sent Yanna out to dig and lo and behold two treasure chests after some bones, rocks, odd sculptures and the $4000 Ming Vase. I closed it up after that then the LOTP came back and I had Darius dig and again treasure chest. I went for a more Victorian/Steampunk feel for this RKC this time around so no witch burnings. Just budding scientific curiosity. It was the age of discovery in the 19th century and the beginning of the Industrial Age. And no cheesecake was made, those were natural alien twins Edward had.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Yay you started an RKC again! I was hoping you would. Alien twins and treasure chests oh my. That's a pretty good start. I love the neighborhood so pretty and green. Which template did you use? I should recongize it, but I haven't made a new neighborhood in a while. I'm trying to finish my turn in the Round Robin before starting any new challenges. I'm so excited, I can't wait for more!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Pony:
Spoiler:
It's a custom neighbourhood template called Medieval Kingdom that I found on MTS2. I liked it because it was unique and a good size. Much like the Strangetown template it's manageable for me. Alien twins were a surprise, all I had Edward do was stargaze and up he went. :alien: And it adds some unique genes to the RKC pool too, I love the new PT mod I got. :hearts:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
New RKC hooray! I missed your old one. Ooooh 3 treasure chests in a row. That's one lucky little family right there.
Alien twins too interesting. And PT mod means new looking aliens.
Ha for naming the prince after Nemo. That's awesome. I'm sure he'll make a great king. :fight:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ash:
Spoiler:
Yep, I wanted to do another one. I haven't gotten very far yet since it's still early but I know it will pick up. I was so happy when they dug up three chests in a row it helps a lot with funding for a business to increase SM points and get me to that 50 K pop sooner. I love that PT mod I hope to see more show up as the families are added. Thanks for stopping in.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
3 chests would be quite helpful for that.

Oh and Lauren...I'm gonna blame you bringing back your RKC for pushing me over the edge to resurrect Isabella again and start my own RKC. (Even though I've wanted to do a medieval challenge forever, and I was pretty much already planning on starting one anyway. :angel: )

Ahem Now let's just hope no more expansion packs (terrible plagues) kill this lovely kingdom..otherwise I might just go into aspirational failure again...I just barely got over my depression/madness the loss of your lovely Hyperia caused me. And really there's no telling what I'll do if I go cookoo again. :shiftyeyes:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ash:
Spoiler:
Yes I remember Isabella, I just re-read my legacy and Virgil's BC and remembered how much I missed seeing her in her own world. It was an ISBI wasn't it? No more M&G means no more crashing, it happens rarely with AL though sometimes after I take the disc out after it's saved and gone to black screen it'll crash but I never lose anything.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Mystical Maladoreias: An RKC Ch. 3 Mar. 12th

:starry:
Spoiler:
Prince Nemo seems to be quite popular, yet a bit shy at this point... or would a closer relationship with Catherine not be allowed in the kingdom (the whole 'royals only marrying among royals' thing)? I mean, now that she grew out the 'scary eyelashes', she looks really pretty... :hearts:

Also, I never realized, that the Llama game could actually be a nice addition to a magical medieval hood - it somehow fits for children of nobility to play a game that challenges strategic thinking...

Soo... who'll get the bear the Queen bought? I would like such a bear... :awesome:

The Prescott twins really look like lovely porcelain dolls - pretty!

Is Demeter a townie or part of a family not played yet?

Could you fix the MNG virus? Or identify whatever CC might have caused this?

Good luck! :thup:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Nemo:
Spoiler:
Royal heirs can marry nobles since there's usually only one royal family in control at once. I never know who the royal heir will end up with until they're teenagers and I see who has the most chemistry or is the most annoying home stalker of him. The llama game is under used I never put it in my other RKC because I figured it would be too modern, but this one is different, supposed to be Victorian and all sorts of new inventions and games came out during that time.

The Prescott twins looked a lot like little dolls, they are so cute.

And Demeter is the first born of the second Merchant family I haven't placed yet, I also made another one but also haven't placed them. They will be the third part of this week/year before I make the rounds again.

As for M&G, I never found out why it would crash my game all the time. There was never an issue with it that I could see, it seems to have been fixed for the UC though. It would just crash, I didn't have any CC that made the game crash aside from those outfits without an Elder mesh that crashed my Apocalypse and made me vamp Adam. I didn't have those at the time I had M&G however.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, Ani-Mei, this is really nice! Makes me want to do my own Kingdom Challenge, although without any of your beautiful CC, because I'm playing almost strictly vanilla, due to stupid computer being too stupid to handle the really good stuff.
Spoiler:
I think little Nemo is my favorite character, so far, with Catherine a close second. I love watching these kids grow up, and frankly, I'm rooting for her to marry him. Although who knows what will happen by the time they are both of age? And I love the haggling with the queen! "I'll take a potholder, too." LOL
Looks like your kingdom is growing quite well, too.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”