MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 4/21/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 7/23/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: August 17th, 2023, 11:06 am Yay back for me, I might be able to catch up today!
Spoiler:
4.13: Awww, so nice for her to be able to spend time with furbabies of the past! Haha, I love the messy eater trait, I love all the little quirks and traits now! HAHA, I love that he kept messy eater. It is so great how that sometimes works. Dane is adorable! Awww, bye bye Curly. I always hate losing the animals! Wow, I'm sure your wool would have won too! You know, we will miss Belinda so much, but it also feels like a good time to let her be with Colin!

Oh hey, side note, the link at the bottom of chapter 13 is for chapter 13. :D

4.14: Oh man, so much loss altogether. The animals, Belinda, Bently!!! I guess that's just what happens. Hopefully so new animals soon. Because it is so hard to watch them go. Dane is a cutie though!

4.15: Oh boy, maybe a move coming up. Henford is a beautiful place, but so is Chestnut Ridge. The house is getting full quickly. It's very sweet to have a nice full house again. It is too bad you couldn't get the 5 stars, I've heard it's really difficult, but I like this direction for her!

4.16: That ranch looks BEAUTIFUL! I might have to download it myself. Aww, Dash is perfect for them. So cute! So many animals now!! Makes for great timing for this generation! Ah, the ranch hand has arrived. Wow, Dash is beautiful. Also, weird to see Greg. Well at least you are winning ribbons, but I really do think those fairs are rigged. I think Dash ended up being the perfect choice.

4.17: Awww, bye bye Dillon. Such a sad way to start. Aww a foal and a puppy. This is getting to be a very busy house! Oh wow, a girl, finally, and she will be heir!! Fun! Well I'm glad to wheel had him accept the baby. It's nice one of them was able to be there for her.
What a fun set of chapters, and with that I am all caught up again. So much fun!
Thanks for the wonderful comments. I am glad you were able to get caught up. Thank you for your compliments on the house. I don't build often (I struggle with making the roof look right) but I worked really hard on that ranch. If you download it, I hope you have fun playing in it. Thank you for letting me know about the link at the bottom of chapter 13. I will get that fixed.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Something Terrible Happened

Post by Designergirl81 »

Something terrible happened this weekend. My game was loading a bit slow so I decided to clean up some older save files. Somehow, I accidentally deleted my entire MySims Legacy family. Fortunately, I got a new computer back in July and had made copies of all my Sims 4 files. I was able to retrieve a save so not all is lost. Unfortunately, that save was from early July. I am basically going to have to replay all the events from Chapters 11 going forward. I have been using the chapters as a guide (as well as some cheats) to try to make events happen as close to the original story as possible. I just wanted everyone to know it might be a while before I publish new chapters of this story as I have a lot of game play to make up. It it had been any other family I might have been discouraged enough to abandon the save all together but this family is probably my favorite to play. I hope to have it back soon.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

That is a shame, but hopefully you can play what you can.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: September 5th, 2023, 7:35 am Something terrible happened this weekend. My game was loading a bit slow so I decided to clean up some older save files. Somehow, I accidentally deleted my entire MySims Legacy family. Fortunately, I got a new computer back in July and had made copies of all my Sims 4 files. I was able to retrieve a save so not all is lost. Unfortunately, that save was from early July. I am basically going to have to replay all the events from Chapters 11 going forward. I have been using the chapters as a guide (as well as some cheats) to try to make events happen as close to the original story as possible. I just wanted everyone to know it might be a while before I publish new chapters of this story as I have a lot of game play to make up. It it had been any other family I might have been discouraged enough to abandon the save all together but this family is probably my favorite to play. I hope to have it back soon.
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. At least you had a backup of some kind so you didn't lose all of it, but I'm sure that was really disheartening to realize. Good luck with getting yourself played back up to where you were, and I will look forward to hopefully having more of this family someday in the future. :heart: :heart:
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Finally a new update

Post by Designergirl81 »

I am excited to share that I FINALLY have an update of this save. If you didn't read my last post I accidentally deleted my save file. I had to restore from an older version and redo a LOT of game play. I hope you enjoy the update and that it was worth the wait.

Generation Four: Chapter 18
Skeilah
Origin ID: SkeilahTS4
Belgium

Post by Skeilah »

Hi there! I found your gameplay and have started reading it. I'm currently somewhere in gen 3, hehe. One thing I noticed that I really like is the spinning wheel. Might be an idea for myself too! I'm enjoying finding out about different mods too ^^. I'll continue to read the rest in the next few days. I also saw in this topic that you accidentally lost your save and had to redo a lot of the gameplay. Hopefully you were able to "restore" the gameplay and continue further!!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Skeilah wrote: May 9th, 2024, 3:35 pm Hi there! I found your gameplay and have started reading it. I'm currently somewhere in gen 3, hehe. One thing I noticed that I really like is the spinning wheel. Might be an idea for myself too! I'm enjoying finding out about different mods too ^^. I'll continue to read the rest in the next few days. I also saw in this topic that you accidentally lost your save and had to redo a lot of the gameplay. Hopefully you were able to "restore" the gameplay and continue further!!
Thanks for reading and providing comments.

I was able to restore the save but had to replay a lot of Gen 4. So when you get to Gen 4 there might come a point where you notice the kids appearance change slightly but overall I got back to were I was and have continued playing. They are one of my favorite families in the game.
Skeilah
Origin ID: SkeilahTS4
Belgium

Post by Skeilah »

Designergirl81 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 6:17 pm Thanks for reading and providing comments.

I was able to restore the save but had to replay a lot of Gen 4. So when you get to Gen 4 there might come a point where you notice the kids appearance change slightly but overall I got back to were I was and have continued playing. They are one of my favorite families in the game.
Glad to hear you were able to restore the save. I have caught up but honestly didn't see much wrong, so you did a fantastic job replaying in my eyes! I really like the family :) Can't wait to see more of them.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oh yay a new update!!! I just love this challenge, so I'm glad you were able to at least get it semi-back the way it was.
Spoiler:
4.18: Brooklyn and Drake are just the cutest! Good job Dylan, he's such a good dad! Oh man, birthdays with deaths feel like they have happened semi-frequently to you with this family. I guess that is bound to happen with them all being as close as they are. Oh my goodness, look at all those freckles on Dove???!!! She is such a cutie! I really like the idea of him having a rental above the barn! What a fun roll, at least I think so. :)
So nice to have the family back. Hopefully you can keep them going now. I do love this family.
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: May 13th, 2024, 1:31 pm Oh yay a new update!!! I just love this challenge, so I'm glad you were able to at least get it semi-back the way it was.
Spoiler:
4.18: Brooklyn and Drake are just the cutest! Good job Dylan, he's such a good dad! Oh man, birthdays with deaths feel like they have happened semi-frequently to you with this family. I guess that is bound to happen with them all being as close as they are. Oh my goodness, look at all those freckles on Dove???!!! She is such a cutie! I really like the idea of him having a rental above the barn! What a fun roll, at least I think so. :)
So nice to have the family back. Hopefully you can keep them going now. I do love this family.
Thanks for reading and providing comments. I will actually be posting Chapter 19 and 20 soon.
Spoiler:
Unfortunately the rental unit above the barn didn't work out. When I switched the lot to a residential rental it created so much lag the game was unplayable. Once put the lot type back to a regular residential unit the lag went away. It is odd because I have used residental rentals in a few other saves without issues.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 4/14/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

I was recently inspired to play this legacy again and have two new chapters to share.

Generation Four: Chapter 19- NEW
Generation Four: Chapter 20- NEW

A couple of additional links . . .
  • I created a family tree for this legacy using TheSimsTree. I do need to update some headshots as a few of the toddlers and children have aged up but I figured I would share it now as is.
  • I recently saw a video on YouTube by RossanaTxT where she showed the Notion Templates she created for tracking her Sims Legacies. I downloaded her Not So Berry template from her website and updated it for the MySims Legacy Challenge. I created a Master Version with all the rules and requirements for the official challenge. If anyone wants to make a copy to use themselves please feel free to do so just click the duplicate button in the upper right corner of the screen. I also made my own version for how I am playing the game since I am using a wheel spin to determine which MySim Trophy will inspire the next generation.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

OH, I like the family tree a lot, that's a nice site for it too. I also like the tracker, very nice.
Spoiler:
Chapter 19: The room looks really cute, and I like the apartment over the barn. HAHA, yes, a messy eater and puppies probably go VERY well together. Your poor pie ribbon. Really wish that would get fixed, and they would make it slightly less "random" who wins. I almost forgot that Cat was a vet oh so long ago. Awww, Devon!!! So hard to lose pets. Woo, at least you got 1st in other things (even if you did have to reload for some of them.) Oh bummer about the rental, that's too bad.

Chapter 20: You actually got a graduation to work? I really need to try again. Yikes, not a good update for Drake so far. I really need to get better at using the puppet show item. Well, I guess Drake is going to be a dad. Wow she just left the baby? Crazy. You know, my directors never seem to be please with my kids choices either. Aww, good luck Drake, it's nice to have a place of their own, but also have so many animals and family members with them. Awww, I like that Dane took over the old house and vet clinic. The family is doing really well!!
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: May 20th, 2024, 7:07 pm OH, I like the family tree a lot, that's a nice site for it too. I also like the tracker, very nice.
Spoiler:
Chapter 19: The room looks really cute, and I like the apartment over the barn. HAHA, yes, a messy eater and puppies probably go VERY well together. Your poor pie ribbon. Really wish that would get fixed, and they would make it slightly less "random" who wins. I almost forgot that Cat was a vet oh so long ago. Awww, Devon!!! So hard to lose pets. Woo, at least you got 1st in other things (even if you did have to reload for some of them.) Oh bummer about the rental, that's too bad.

Chapter 20: You actually got a graduation to work? I really need to try again. Yikes, not a good update for Drake so far. I really need to get better at using the puppet show item. Well, I guess Drake is going to be a dad. Wow she just left the baby? Crazy. You know, my directors never seem to be please with my kids choices either. Aww, good luck Drake, it's nice to have a place of their own, but also have so many animals and family members with them. Awww, I like that Dane took over the old house and vet clinic. The family is doing really well!!
Once again thanks for reading and providing comments. Here is the final chapter of Generation 4.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”