Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

PRIDE 2023 ..... BOOLPROP'S PICKS

Post by peachy123uk »

Use this thread to leave a recommendation for your favourite show, book, movie, song, or any form of media that you think has some great LGBTQIA+ representation! Please try to include a little blurb about your chosen media - it doesn't have to be long, but you should share with us why you like it and want to recommend it!

Participating in at least 3 events will get PRIDE 2023 FLAIRImage

UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

RainbowTattoos
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: PRIDE 2023 ..... BOOLPROP'S PICKS

Post by RainbowTattoos »

Book-
Carry On - Rainbow Rowell - Set in a wizarding world, Simon is the 'chosen one' and Baz is his roommate/enemy. Classic enemies to lovers. I love YA books and this is a trilogy. It was a complete joy to read.
Movie-
Saved! - Made in 2004, it has some questionable content and a few triggers in it but I still think it's great. It's about these teens who are supposed to be very religious and one of them gets pregnant by her boyfriend, who then comes out as gay. It's a cute story about being true to yourself.
Image- Ongoing :pencil:

Image- Completed:check:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Firefly Lane: I put this in for two of the more side characters. I think there is a really good view of what someone in the 70s went through being gay, as well as how life went after they came out. Additionally, another side character gives a bit more of a view of what it can be like in a more modern time. While these two aren't specifically the main characters their relationships with their families (and the main characters, who are family) and how they navigate (especially the differences in the time frame for each of their stories) create really good characters.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Mychuno
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Mychuno »

Euphoria - I felt that it really portrayed all the teen characters really well. The struggles faced and opened up about subjects still not talked about enough and even opened my eyes up to the struggles other face. Really well done overall.
WinterChild98
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by WinterChild98 »

The Starless Sea - I really enjoyed this book. It's a fantasy (which takes place in modern times) with an ancient hidden library, there's an element of mystery involved for the main character sort of stumbles across all of this and tries to figure out what's going on. You end up trying to figure things out about alongside the main character.
FluffyMao
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by FluffyMao »

"Gideon the Ninth" by Tamsyn Muir - It's lesbian necromancers in space, what's not to love? :D

What really stood out to me is that the characters are just lesbians. They're not struggling to come to terms with their sexuality, and there's no stigma against them. (Both are valid kinds of stories.) They just get to be lesbians while also being necromancers. And that's a beautiful thing. <3

Official short blurb:
The Emperor needs necromancers.
The Ninth Necromancer needs a swordswoman.
Gideon has a sword, some dirty magazines, and no more time for undead bullshit.
For more Sims stories and some original writing, stop by my writing blog:

If the solution is not beautiful, I know it's wrong. -- David Hilbert

Return to “Summer Fete Archive”