WYDC Scoring Sheet

Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

WYDC Scoring Sheet

Post by Keika »

Hey all, I put together this scoring sheet to do the heavy lifting for me in scoring my WYDC. I've been using it and it's working like a dream, so I thought I'd share it with y'all.

WYDC Scoring Sheet

It's an Excel document, and is designed to automatically calculate your score wherever possible. It also has a formatted list to keep track of fathers, an option to track your completion percentage, and comes with extensive notes on how to use it. I hope it helps. :)

VERSION 2: I noticed on my own copy that there was an error in numbering boxes on the "Fathers" sheet. There were only 25 boxes; #21 was missing. Oops. I have uploaded a new version with this error corrected. I also changed the wording on a few things while I was at it, and I made provisions in the "Challenge-Defined NPCs" sheet for the founder's husband's alien baby, since you get a point for a kid with a different father, but not one for using the PT as an NPC.

VERSION 3: I learned some great stuff about writing formulas in Excel, and decided to apply it to this scoring sheet. I promise, this'll be the last new version. This one is a bit more cohesive than the last two. You don't need to worry about opening the sheet and having a "-1" in the "Each additional NPC" field on the "Scoring" sheet. The "Scoring" sheet will recognize if negative numbers (instead of the positive ones it needs for the formula) are entered into the "Penalties" box, and will react accordingly. The "Positive" and "Negative" columns on the "Scoring" sheet have been merged into just "Points"--I don't know why I thought I needed two separate columns in the first place. There is now a message box on the "Scoring" sheet which will display instructions for fixing negative number errors should they arise, and will also display the word "Congratulations" if you finish the challenge using the percent completion option. All formulas have been greatly truncated and simplified. And finally, the whole document (except for cells which have to be typed in) is write protected, so that it's harder to accidentally delete a necessary formula and then have to re-download it.
Last edited by Keika on January 15th, 2015, 1:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: WYDC Scoring Sheet

Post by Anne »

Oh, so useful! :) I'm thinking about starting a WYDC this evening on the computer I have at my parents' place (just to have something to play while I'm there), so this'll come in handy. Thanks!

Edit: turns out TS2 has stopped working altogether on this pc, so that won't be happening until I've installed the ultimate collection here too. Oh well...
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

This is probably the best thing I have seen in a long time.

May I link this thread on my blog?
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Absolutely! (a month late) Glad you guys like it. :)
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Bump: There were a couple of errors on the original version of this scoring sheet that I just noticed today. I've uploaded a new version with those errors fixed. I wrote about everything I changed on the first post in this thread. The download goes through the same link I have provided here. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Thank you!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Wow, very nice. :clap:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Thanks, Jenn and Teresa! :)

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience, but I've uploaded a third version of this sheet, which should be a lot easier to follow in certain areas and be a lot harder to accidentally break. If you want it, go ahead and download it, if not, version 1 or 2 will still work just fine. :)
Shortstop

Post by Shortstop »

This is great! Thanks for sharing it!! :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This is fantastic! As far as I can tell, you've listed everything! Keeping track of it all on paper would be maddening.

One thing - is it possible to get "Complete" for those of us who only have a the Mac version (only goes up to Bon Voyage)? I did just a quick skim, and already found that I can't possibly do mannequins, witches, hobby masters, genies, or break-dancer.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”