House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

EA Play App??

Post by Jesslb429 »

Hey,

So I went to boot up my game today to keep playing my legacy and the first that hit me was that I needed to update to the EA Play app from Origin. Fine, I thought. I just want to play. Well, this broke my entire setup! Apparently, the update got rid of all of my purchased items including worlds which blocked me from all of my games since they were all in store worlds. So I thought, maybe if I just uninstall, reinstall it would get better. It did not. It was like wiping up an oil stain with a white towel and smearing it all over. Now I can't get it to acknowledge my saves or my purchased items, this time because my game is not up to date?! When I downloaded it directly from the new flipping app! And I couldn't even install my final stuff pack because it was throwing an error.

Has anyone else encountered this stupid app and can offer some help? I just got a new job and really wanted to blow off steam playing. It's like one of the few pure things I have has been taken away from me. :ouch

Please, any advice or help is appreciated.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: EA Play App??

Post by Ani-Mei »

EA App is what became of Origin so in that update, it got rid of a lot of Sims 3 store content. Assumedly to push Sims 4 instead. I don't know if you can retrieve it, since I got a new laptop myself and it's a W11. I was going to put Sims 3 on it but if this app is deleting the Sims 3 store content, that means I've lost my already paid for worlds like Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay. I wish I knew what to tell you about how to fix it, this is just the downside of having only digital content, the servers it's hosted on can suddenly decide one day to purge everything on it, even if you've already PAID for it, it's never really yours.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Ani-mei,

I actually was able to salvage most everything with a bit of patience. I had to redownload every single store item I ever bought from Store. I had a contingency plan in place for things like CAS items but I was really upset that while I’m trying to get my worlds to work, it’s telling me on my extra content screen that I own them. Well if I own them how in heck do I get them back. It just took a heaping amount of patience on my part. The only real issue I have now is one of my stuff packs is refusing to download. But I’m not too upset about it. I really only used it for a couple of kid outfits, the rest was kind of just there.

But I do feel you on what you said. I’ve become completely jaded by EA. I’m glad that I didn’t spend nearly as much as I could on store content and found…alternative methods of getting a lot of it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well I'm glad it sort of worked out for you. My Origin account was hacked and stolen so my paid for worlds were only able to be retrieved from my Sims page on the EA Games site. Problem is, I can't remember my name or password for it to get them back. So I either consider them lost, or buy them again on a NEW Origin account specifically for my new laptop. But truth be told, after over a year of not playing Sims and the fact that I have a Switch with the Pokemon SV games on it (that just released pre-purchase DLC) I've been playing that a lot more instead of Sims. I'd have to spend hours installing it on the new laptop with my discs and just haven't had the energy or time to sit down and do that. Unless I want to brave the lag on this laptop to play Sims, I have no idea when I'll get back to my stories.

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”