Any suggestions?

Jendra

Any suggestions?

Post by Jendra »

I'm looking for new default everything, basically <g> (well, not poli, I have a set I like for them), but faces, skintones (with more than four), eyes (geneticized, but with more than 5). What are your favorites?

And how will changing the defaults impact the sims/kids I already have?
mandarine

Re: Any suggestions?

Post by mandarine »

Depends on the kids genetics.
If they have the Game-genetics (pale, tanned, tan and dark skin, blue, light blue, grey, green and brown eyes), they'll just display your new defaults.
If they have geneticized stuff, they'll probably show up with the pale skintone and/or no eyes(which means on-skin eyes), depending on which is missing. that's what happened in my game at least.
Btw, I wouldn't breed those kids before fixing their genetics in simpe, because that's another way to corrupt your game
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

The only non Maxis skins or eyes I have right now are my multi poli tech kids, I've never had default replacements for anything else. I've also never used SimPE.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

In SimPE each skintone has a numerical value correlating to their commonly referred to name. Palest Maxis skintone is S1, Darkest is S4.

Default sets with more than 4 (more than 5 if they come with alien, most do not come with an alien skintone) will only come with 4 true defaults. The rest will be geneticized skintones.

These geneticized skintones will have values in SimPE of 0.5, 1.5, 3.5, etc.

If you remove the geneticized versions of these skintones, the game does not know what to do when you load them up. It doesn't know what to do about 2.5. Is it a 2 or is it a 3? Which leads to corruption.

So when you get a set you'll either have to get SimPE and change genetics if you decide to remove the set completely, or make sure any new set you get has geneticized versions. At least the ones that you need.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

That weirdness is one reason I don't mess with the defaults. I'll add stuff, but not replace defaults.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”