New Site Suggestions

Is it broken or could it be better? Post any suggestions for the forum here :)
youdeserveher

Re: New Site Suggestions

Post by youdeserveher »

What about a grilled cheese smiley? I think, given the Grilled Cheese Aspiration, it would be extremely appropriate, :)
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Olive Specter wrote:Could we have a "general Sims chat" subforum? I know we have "chat" subforums for TS2 and TS3, and a discussion subforum for TS4. I think it would be neat to have a general Sims one, though, so we could discuss things that are general and not specific to any one game. For example, what the best things about each game have been, the EPs we've liked best, how we got into the Sims, memories we have from playing the game, things we'd like to see included, interesting stuff about the games in general. That's the sort of thing I'd like to be able to discuss with other people. :grin:
I'll bring this up at our next mod meeting.

As for the smilies you guys, keep in mind we usually add a few throughout the year at special events & occasions. Keep suggesting them, we do keep track of it! We just may not get to adding them right away. :)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

youdeserveher wrote:What about a grilled cheese smiley? I think, given the Grilled Cheese Aspiration, it would be extremely appropriate, :)
So far, I haven't seen a grilled cheese smiley. If you locate one - it must be small around 15x15px - provide me a link and I will see if it is something we can add in the future.

The rest of the smileys mentioned have been added to the list for consideration next time we add more. (the angel, ghost, and llama from the original forums)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

I WANT BOOLPROP MERCHANDISE!!!!!!! Mainly, the mug that says "hot chocolate" on it as I don't drink coffee or tea. :bounce: Also, I would like a mousepad, a drink coaster, dishes, pots & pans, casserole dishes, beverage glasses, car decals, an outdoor plaque, wallpaper, flooring, etc... all with BOOLPROP on it! :rofl:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

May I second a mug that says "hot chocolate" on it? I don't drink coffee or tea either. :D
Sporks
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Sporks »

I got one: Don't let Chelsea unsupervised/without strict instruction at the admin panel.
~ Sporks - Chelsea - Not Chels - Shamelessly Frozen Obsessed ~
Twitter & Tumblr
Just your friendly neighborhood admin.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Sporks wrote:I got one: Don't let Chelsea unsupervised/without strict instruction at the admin panel.
Seriously, one of the best Boolprop moments ever. :lol:
Arakhor

Post by Arakhor »

At one of the old forums, the 1-800-Sim-Shrink forum was hidden from guest view (i.e. you had to be logged in to view it). Was it deliberate to make it visible now without logging in?
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

The guest and bot permissions have been removed from Sim Shrink. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Would it be too much to ask that you guys post a list pointing to the livejournals of the people who didn't move over to 3.0? Or at least their simselves? I had to jump trough hoops in order to find my favorite stories after they were moved to the trash section.

Also, if you're going to delete 2.0 (which I hope you won't) when is it due?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

It is up to the host (prophpbb) to decide if and when they are going to delete it, unfortunately we have zero control over that, which is one of the main reasons we moved to 3.0.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

prophpbb is pretty good for leaving sites up, so hopefully it should stay up for a while yet. I know that prophpbb has left a particular site of mine I use for archives up for several years even though I've not posted in god knows how long :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Thaitanic wrote:prophpbb is pretty good for leaving sites up, so hopefully it should stay up for a while yet. I know that prophpbb has left a particular site of mine I use for archives up for several years even though I've not posted in god knows how long :lol:
:thup:
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

When I was browsing the old site, I've noticed that there were many completed legacies and challenges that weren't migrated over here, mainly due to user's inactivity and that they hadn't transferred over here.. I guess this would be more like a questions rather than suggestion. Should we try to moved some of those gems over here, considering that if prophpbb did take the site down, all those hard work will be lost.

My favorite are the ones completed by fuzzyspork. I'm not sure if she migrated over yet, but it would be sad to see her work gone as they brought so many smiles. There are a few other I can't remember at the moment, but I think you get the gist of it.
ImageImage
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

Hey guys.
While I can't complain about the forum and its organisation, I'm really no big fan of the chat.
It's probably as good as it can get for this kind of applett, but I dislike it for the following reasons:
1) It's not real time. Yeah, ok 5 seconds is not much, but I've experienced that if you refresh the page, it even takes longer to show new chatmessages
2) The "click" kicks me out of games like Skyrim and Tropico. Kind of annoying, really.
3) It's not nice to acces on a mobile phone.

My suggestion: An IRC-channel.
You can set up IRC-Channels easily (see http://i.imgur.com/Z2tG04B.png)
You can embed them via HTML. (for example, see http://www.instructables.com/id/Add-an- ... e/?lang=de)
You can access them via Clients too.
They're real time.
You don't need to register to get in touch with the community.

You will loose the special smileys, but...come on, why would you really need them? They're nice, but not a must-have, are they?
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I agree with Iya on moving some of those completed challenges over. It seems like such a waste to let them go down the ship, so to speak, but would it be intrusive to just do it?

Also, this is kind of trivial, but I find myself missing the "yahoo" celebration smiley from Boolprop 2.0. Can I request it coming back to 3.0? And also the nodding and shaking head smileys? I know we have some here, but they're just not the same... and also I'm spoiled and I'm going to complain about SMILEYS on this beautiful new board. :roll: Feel free to :pan: me.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I understand what you are asking about moving completed stories over and bare with me as I type secretly on my phone at work. Moving someone's story is not the same as reposting the rules. These stories are their intellectual property and I have a problem moving them without their permission. We will repost the rules with credit because that is accepted practice in the community. Moving the individual stories goes beyond that line I believe. I hope this makes sense and there aren't too many spelling errors. :)

And to add. I have gone back and forth on doing this. And just can't get past the ownership part of the equation.
Sporks
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Sporks »

I agree with Teresa. It isn't our property, it is theirs. If they could be contacted and they give us permission, no need to join the website (though it would be nice), then I'm sure we'd love to move them over without a problem.
~ Sporks - Chelsea - Not Chels - Shamelessly Frozen Obsessed ~
Twitter & Tumblr
Just your friendly neighborhood admin.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

mandarine wrote:Hey guys.
While I can't complain about the forum and its organisation, I'm really no big fan of the chat.
It's probably as good as it can get for this kind of applett, but I dislike it for the following reasons:
1) It's not real time. Yeah, ok 5 seconds is not much, but I've experienced that if you refresh the page, it even takes longer to show new chatmessages
2) The "click" kicks me out of games like Skyrim and Tropico. Kind of annoying, really.
3) It's not nice to acces on a mobile phone.

My suggestion: An IRC-channel.
You can set up IRC-Channels easily (see http://i.imgur.com/Z2tG04B.png)
You can embed them via HTML. (for example, see http://www.instructables.com/id/Add-an- ... e/?lang=de)
You can access them via Clients too.
They're real time.
You don't need to register to get in touch with the community.

You will loose the special smileys, but...come on, why would you really need them? They're nice, but not a must-have, are they?
Hi, have you tried turning off the sound on the chat and seeing if that makes a difference with the crashing? At this point we have no plans to change the chatbox, however we have noted your comments & appreciate your concerns. Try turning off those clicks and let me know what happens. We'll see if that sorts things out for you and if not we will continue to troubleshoot to try to fix this with you. If you would rather not see the chatbox, let me know and I can make it so it does not show up for you. Feel free to send me a PM, and we can continue this discussion. :)

I know we can change the refresh rate in the chatbox. I'll look into experimenting with this to see if a shorter refresh rate will work better for members.
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Teresa wrote:I understand what you are asking about moving completed stories over and bare with me as I type secretly on my phone at work. Moving someone's story is not the same as reposting the rules. These stories are their intellectual property and I have a problem moving them without their permission. We will repost the rules with credit because that is accepted practice in the community. Moving the individual stories goes beyond that line I believe. I hope this makes sense and there aren't too many spelling errors. :)

And to add. I have gone back and forth on doing this. And just can't get past the ownership part of the equation.
Oh, that's too bad. :( But you're right. ownership would be a huge part of the equation. There's not much to do about now, i guess, other than letting them know that we've moved our website and have them migrate over. In the meanwhile, all we could really do is cross our fingers and hope that prophpbb will not shut it down. I still see some member active on it, so I don't think they'll take it out anytime soon. :hmm:
ImageImage

Return to “Suggestions and Help”