The Sims 3 Launcher Problems

Moggy

The Sims 3 Launcher Problems

Post by Moggy »

I want to try out the expansion I got for The Sims 3 but my launcher keeps freezing when I do anything more then just start the game and even then it freezes though I can play. I want to get my steampunk stuff, deluxe edition car and other things I paid for but I cant log in launcher because it crashes. I've done some google searching but I have come up fruitless I was just wondering if any of you have encountered this problem. This wasn't a problem on my 32 bit laptop but it is now on my 64 bit desktop so maybe that has something to do with it?
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher Problems

Post by Ani-Mei »

The Store is probably backlogged so it kicks you off, it took me like three or four tries PER WORLD I bought to get it to download. Try to get on at an off peak hour in your area which usually means late at night so try on a weekend where you don't have to get up too early the next day.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I don't think Moggy's quite to the point of downloading. It sounds like the launcher freezes before anything can happen.

Moggy, is your Origin up to date? The two are related to each other.

It will pull up a script error once it doesn't freeze on you so don't worry about that.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

My origin must be up to date because doesn't it need to be to run Sims 4 which I can?
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Most likely.

Unfortunately beyond seeing if there is a way to convert .sims3pack files to .package files, there may not be much you can do. And I'm not sure if Sims or Worlds can be converted. I'm pretty sure hair, clothes, etc can be converted.

I've not done it so I don't know where the converter can be found.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Ok I'm going to reply what I did to fix it. I got a cheap copy of Sims3 starter pack. It installed into an origin games folder which might of made a difference. I installed all the expansion and stuff I wanted. Then I used the mega patch from the EA support forums. This patched my game and I could go online but I kept getting script errors. Just clicking yes through them seemed to work yet nothing from the sims3 store I downloaded would show in launcher. However they all appeared in the downloads dashboard ingame and I could install them all. I still have one problem of that I put my code in for date night clothing in the sims3 general redeem area like 3 days ago but it hasn't showed up in the store account bought items area so thats kind of annoying but a minor problem at this point I guess. What would I have to do is there some support I can talk to?
Minty

Post by Minty »

Can you not launch your game from here?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

Bypasses the buggy crappy launcher & takes you into sweet Sim 3 heaven in an instant.

:celebration: :drinks: :banghead:

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”