Why can't I install my store content?

Why can't I install my store content?

Postby MichelleCYoung » December 16th, 2017, 2:30 am

I have installed my Sims 3 game through Origin, and repaired it and updated it, and it's all completely up to date, but whenever I try (and try and try and try) to install my Sims 3 Store content, I get the same failure message. "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again."

I took out the whole Sims 3 folder (moved it to a backup file), and then put in the downloads again, and STILL got the same error. I don't know what else to do.

Any ideas, anyone? HELP, please!

ETA: OK, so after searching through several trouble-shooting site, I finally found the problem. Instead of downloading them, one at a time, I chose "select all" and did it one page at a time, and the game JUST CAN"T HANDLE THAT. So, now, I have to go back and download everything individually, and install it all individually, and then the game can deal.

Urgh.

EA - love the content, hate the service.
Image Image
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
Alphabetepic Apocalypse June 12, 2018
GageNation - Updated June 2, 2018
Xtreme Xavier Apocalypse, Sept. 18, 2018 *** SimNoWriMo Focus
Youngdale coming out of hiatus soon!
Makers and Finders - a Cursed Baby Boom Challenge - October 1, 2018
Simself version 1 Simself version 2
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 17
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (2) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2018 (1)
2017 Halloween Events (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Netherlands (1)

Return to Sims 3 Help!