Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

WCIF Athletic Top

Post by Teresa »

Does anyone recognize this shirt - and where/who made it. It is screwing up my game as every single freaking sim grows into it - including the toddlers, which then stretches them out of any normal shape. I am trying to locate it and download it, but it would help to know who made it and what they called it. It shows up in CAS as a store item but it was built on a base game shirt.

Bad Shirt
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Olive Specter

Re: WCIF Athletic Top

Post by Olive Specter »

Teresa wrote:I am trying to locate it and download it
I just did some research for you. It seems like the vampire shirt is known bad CC. If you google a combination of TS3 bad CC and vampire shirt you'll get lots of hits of people complaining about this issue.

From the sounds of it, the shirt in question is called "New CAS Project". Sometimes it's under "All" so look in there if you can't find it. It seems like sometimes it's brought in by downloaded sims too, so you might have to delete the sims that brought it.

These two guides include information about bad CC. They have lists and link to instructions on how to deal with different kinds of issues caused by bad CC:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW ... -p/2759940

This one is not specifically about your problem (it's about the deformed babies glitch) but it shows the shirt that's causing trouble for you and its name. It was the first thing I found about it.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/184718.page

If you want to redownload it, I don't know if it's worth it because there doesn't seem to be a fix. If you really want it, you can try to find the maker and see if they've made an updated version or find a way to get the pattern (I've seen a thread in the official forum just now where someone posted a large picture of the pattern) and make your own version of the shirt. If you want to redownload the old shirt, I don't know if you have to, but if you do maybe we'll be able to help find it for you.
:woot:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I remember seeing that name, but it was classified as jewelry so I didn't think it was the one. Thanks! It was brought in through the damn sims I downloaded to berrify my OWBC. Thanks for taking the time to find this. I was so irritated last night because I own just about everything in the store and it takes forever to scroll through my installed content list (which I did 3 times) before finally cleaning out the folder and reinstalling the store content. Unfortunately, I also put those SavedSims files back in and they brought CC with them, even in SavedSim format. Now I am heading back into Installed Content to locate this bugger and delete it.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

Teresa wrote:I remember seeing that name, but it was classified as jewelry so I didn't think it was the one. Thanks! It was brought in through the damn sims I downloaded to berrify my OWBC. Thanks for taking the time to find this. I was so irritated last night because I own just about everything in the store and it takes forever to scroll through my installed content list (which I did 3 times) before finally cleaning out the folder and reinstalling the store content. Unfortunately, I also put those SavedSims files back in and they brought CC with them, even in SavedSim format. Now I am heading back into Installed Content to locate this bugger and delete it.
No problem! I'm so glad it helped. If you have issues with getting rid of the SavedSims causing the issue or just want to fix that but otherwise keep them in your game, I think the guides I posted have something about that, unless I'm misremembering. :D
:woot:

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”