Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Force Complete LTW?

Post by Gryffindork »

Classic Gryffindork being stupid I'm sure, but is there any cheat (within the game itself or any NRaas mod) to force a sim's lifetime wish into completion? I'm having atrocious luck lately with LTWs (Gold Digger, World Class Gallery, Fire Fighter Superhero - to name a few) where my sim will complete all the requirements but the LTW won't actually be triggered. After hours of troubleshooting individual issues for each LTW, I'm throwing in the towel. But it would be really nice if my sims didn't have to die with ugly grey box urns when they've actually accomplished a hell of a lot. >.<
Image Image Image
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Force Complete LTW?

Post by Livvielove »

I think so...? I mean I know how to get close if not completely.

Well it depends on the LTW, but yes I know it's possible.
You can change the amount of something (like PI cases - I got a bug once where it stopped tracking those; or the dreaded nectar making one). It's NRAAS, which you said you're already good to go with, so let me take a look.

Uhm ok. Sim>Master Controller>Advanced>Change LTW Tally (for those like that) Just set it to the tally that it would take to complete. I haven't actually tested this (I usually go one below and then complete the last one so the game registers it, I'm not certain if it will register it this way... but I don't see why not).

or

Sim>Master Controller>Intermediate>Career>Set Career Level (to max a career)

OR

Sim>Master Controller>Basic>Lifetime Wish (to change a LTW).

I run MC and Cheats.
Let me check the other NRAAS mods that may help this.

Ok not finding anything. WAIT I have Quinn up. I can run a fast test. His LTW is the Journalist one and I plopped him down in MF for this chapter. Let me just bump him up to 10 and see what happens.
YUP registered. Immediately gave him the completed LTW spiel, the points, everything.
Careers are fairly easy... let me try a skill based one.
OH NO wait I got a rando up in my family that wants to be Super Popular (yay rando!). Let's test that one out using Set Tally by putting it exactly at 20.
Alright, that one didn't work, friends are kind of a different story though. So I just hit the "Make Friends For Me" on the mailbox like... 3-4 times and that triggered it to go.

HEH Livvie we don't need to walkthrough all the lifetime wishes... but now I'm curious. I think I have someone with heartbreaker I can test this on in this household (lol me and my collection of randos here); I swear to god I'm sane.
WOO I do have someone. Pop in the Change LTW Tally... Nope that one didn't work. Is there one that works for? OH yeah I know with certainty it works for the PI career LTW, so probably those similar. Anything regarding friendships is where it gets a little less reliable. Theoretically though, everything can be completed with cheats it looks like, just a few extra steps here and there...

Oh! Also the urn is unrelated to LTW completion! It's related to LTHP gain. I believe the threshold is 75k-90k (I can't remember exactly) for Medium and 125k+ for a large!
These are the weird things my Short Dynasty has taught me... :roll:

Apologies for the length, rambliness and general insanity. (hands self a gold sticker)
I tried.

ETA: I checked with Ezzie (Master of the Arts - master guitar/painting); using Sim>MC>Advanced>Skill Level and maxing both instantly completed her LTW.
I'm sorry again. I'm legit knee deep in this chapter and I think my brain is super scrambled with gimp. Words are hard.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Rambly replies are the best, thank you! :D This gives me some more stuff to try - I was able to complete the Fire Fighter LTW yesterday by with the "Change Tally" trick, because the issue was half of her rescues weren't being counted as rescues, so that was easy enough. Gold Digger was a total nightmare, because how do you cheat someone into "seeing the ghost of a wealthy spouse" when apparently standing inches away from/staring at/hugging/kissing the transparent fool won't do the trick??? :lol: The tally thing didn't work for that, so my poor gold digger ended up joining her husband empty-hearted and unfulfilled. :(

World Class Gallery is my biggest problem right now, because I painstakingly dragged $25,000 worth of pictures out of my girl's camera and onto the mausoleum walls and yet she can't meet the "10 photos per location" requirement because NONE OF HER FOREIGN PHOTOS HAVE LOCATION TAGS? :banghead: This is evidently just a dumb glitch, but I can't figure out a way around it without a) editing the photos' locations via some cheat or b) pressing a magical "fulfill LTW" button. I was honestly hoping that such a button existed and I was just too incompetent to find it, but maybe I've been more thorough than I thought. :P

Oh yes, and I knew about the urn thing, just poorly phrased on my part - I often rely on that last 25-40k from the LTW to tip the 75k mark, because I'm horrible to my sims and never give them what they want. ^^

Anyway thank you so much for all your help! I'm going to do some more experimenting myself. :hmm:
Image Image Image
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

One other thing you could do is find LTWs that have similar point values but are easy to insta-complete and swap out your Sim's LTW when they've "achieved" it for that one and autocomplete it for the wishes!

Darn game gets nice and buggy when you need it to least! :fisty:
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Good thinking! I did that and she got her LTH points and "Very Fulfilled" moodlet, which is as much as I can ask for at this point. (I actually changed it to Bottomless Nectar Cellar which autocompleted on its own thanks to our pre-existing wine hoards :lol:)
Image Image Image
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Good luck! Please let me know if you find anything out there!

You know I was just considering like "how hard would it be to have a button to just "trigger" the LTW completed? I guess it's more complicated than that, but it seems to me there should be only two or three stages. Incomplete, In Progress, and Complete. :fisty:
Shows how much I know about game code though :roll: :lol:

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”