Standing around, being useless

Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Standing around, being useless

Post by Voguishstorm »

Hello there, fellow boolpropian simmers.

I've got serious issues with my Sims 3 (who doesn't?)
As of now, my sims will not do something unless I tell them to. Since I am doing an ISBI, it is highly problematic.
My Free Will is at high, but the Idiots will only stand around ALL DAY. They will go to school or work when the buus/carpool calls for them, and will most of the time get back home. Only to stand at the entrance FOREVER. When I say forever... Their needs get super low. Normally, even an idiot sim would go eat/sleep/pee/shower when their needs start being low. Not anymore. If I don't tell them to go eat, I believe they would keep standing there and starve to death.
My controlled sim is obviously doing super fine, but I did notice the game got laggy.

So... what should I do?
My computer is more than capable of handling the sims at max graphics. Even so, my graphics are not at maxed.
I have CC but it's combined.
The town IS on week 14, but I'd prefer not switching town because my sims invested in real estate. Is there a way to "refresh" my town without having to save every family to the bin, every modified lot, then starting a new game?

Reason I'm asking here is because reading all your legacies I see you struggle with the pain but somehow always manage and only seem to be switching after 3-4 generations. My game gets like that every 1 generation...
ImageImageImage
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Re: Standing around, being useless

Post by DSLady »

You can do [resetsim *] which resets every sim in the town! I used that a lot in Dragon Valley, because it suddenly got excruciatingly laggy for me. Although, that was around the start of generation five, and I also don't think the world is very pets-compatible.

If you're up for using Mods, try ErrorTrap and/or Overwatch! Overwatch might be the most helpful for you?

ErrorTrap: "This mod's purview is save-game cleanup and error reporting." - Does what it says on the tin! I get mine catching a lot of Sims who are causing script errors, and resetting them.

Overwatch: "This mod's purview is the correction of persistent or recurring errors produced by the Core game or other mods." - It basically does mass cleanup and minor bug fixes, and also these two things; "Every one sim-hour, the mod checks any sim not currently processing an interaction, and ends any skill gain process that was left running." and "Any missing Autonomy managers are reinitiated"

EDIT: Also, I swear by clearing caches and any script errors or mini dump files that may have built up in your Sims 3 folder! The things that are safe to delete are those that say ScriptError_[PCName] and the ones that are .package files and have cache in the name. We're probably supposed to do this before/after every load, but I only do it when I remember or when things start going wrong! :haha:
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Forgot to mention I already use Master Controller, Story Progression, Overwatch, ErrorTrap. I always clear cache, regularly resetsim * as well. However, I had no idea I could also delete the ScriptError files, so thanks a lot.

That Idle Killer would help... if my idle sims would do the idle animations. Which they don't. I believe the game just cant give them an action to do because "too much lag". But see, since I'm doing everything to help it, I really don't know anymore.

I notice the lag happens everytime the game sends pop-up (including those from Overwatch and Errortrap)

Is anybody else's game that gigantic?
ImageImageImage
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Holy crap, that save file is huge! I can't believe you haven't given into the urge to move already, the lag must be extreme. My save files tend to be around 150-200 mb when I've had enough and move the family. Dalrya travelling to China all the time won't help - if you do eventually choose to move, make sure she's done travelling, and delete the China file after the move.

I'd recommend trying Kuree's Save Cleaner as a first step - it should reduce the save file size significantly. If you have memories enabled, disable them. And definitely delete your SNAP resources (link at the bottom of the nraas page linked above). It removes all the face icons for every sim in the town - and when you've been in the town a few generations, that means a photo (or two or three) of every single sim at every single age group. I've had files go from 150mb to 60mb just deleting the SNAP resources.

However, even doing all of the above, it may not save the lag. I've recently had to move my own ISBI family after only two generations, due to the exact same thing, endless lag and not taking care of needs. I find that, the more generations you go through, the quicker the file will become laggy. My Epic game is starting to lag already, and we've just finished one generation in town - but it's gen 8, so...
Selling your investments is way easier than it used to be, thanks to Uni, just use the 'real estate' option on your sim's phone. Then move them with all their money, and re-buy in the new town.

Also, it may not be your cup of tea, but maybe try a custom-world? EA worlds tend to be terrible with lag. User-made worlds can often last longer, especially if there are no city parts or dive lots.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

OMFG you are MY angel XD

My sale file is now 55 mb. I didn't launch it yet so maybe everybody died but hey, it's the first time I get Kuree's cleaner to even work so I'm happy.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”