House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Build/Buy Mode Crashing

Post by Jesslb429 »

Hi guys.

So, when it comes to game crashing, I can usually get myself or others out of a jam, but now I'm a bit stuck.

Three months ago, my younger sister got herself a new computer and after letting me tinker, we installed TS3. And for the most part it was fine. She had a few issues with Windows 10 or the new graphics card but I managed to clean those up.

But obviously something isn't right. She's been able to play pretty well but when she uses build or buy mode, the game crashes. I've tried tinkering and some Google-fu but nada. She has no CC and isn't even playing with all the EPs or SPS.

I hate seeing her frustrated like this and I was wondering if anyone has any advice or help?
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Build/Buy Mode Crashing

Post by Thaitanic »

my first thought is maybe clear out caches? but I'm not sure if that'll help much particularly.

I found a couple of things on google but obviously you've searched yourself. Not sure what you've searched but I like the look of these ones:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum ... 597.0.html
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883 (the crash log analyzer idk if you have that/i've never used that but it might help situate the problem).

If not, could you try running compatability mode? Or perhaps you might want to try getting a Sims 3 torrent if you've bought it because sometimes the support for torrents is a lot better.
call me Thai!
they/them

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”