Age-Up Glitch

DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Age-Up Glitch

Post by DSLady »

I know I've seen a couple other people with this glitch, and having just encountered it myself I thought I'd make a post about it! One of my sim children (Ginny) was left to go to her automatic birthday, which she glitched out of halfway through. Errortrap reset her and sent her to the front door, looking slightly different. Her hair had changed, her face was a little different, and her clothes were different too. I let her be in the hopes that the glitch would sort itself out, but one of my mods got there first and reset her as a Script Error! She got reset to the front door again, and looked TOTALLY different.
Picture evidence under spoilers.
Spoiler:
This is normal Ginny. I mean, she's not normally yellow, but that's beside the point.

This is the first Fake Ginny; she's not too different, but something weird happened.
Fake Ginny with Real Ginny's hair!
Spoiler:
Second Fake Ginny! Doesn't look like her at all.
She managed to successfully age up, however.
I do have a way to fix this, but my question is; has anybody worked out a cause for this yet?? While it is an easy fix, I don't like it and if there's something I can do to stop it ever happening again, I'd like to know! I've checked all my CC, and she wasn't using anything I haven't used before without problems.

Fix (requires MasterController);
Spoiler:
Save your game and exit sims completely. It's okay to do this, don't panic.
Open the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves path, and find your current save. Mine was Gordons.sims3
Make a copy of the BACKUP file (Gordons.sims3.backup & Gordons.sims3.backup - Copy)
Rename it - I simply called mine Ginny - and remove the .backup part (Ginny.sims3)
Open TS3 again, and look for your new save game. Open it and look for your offending Sim.
Either using MC (I use the shift-click of testingcheats etc) take the Sim into CAS and save them to bin.
Exit to menu, and load your main save.
Click your Fake Sim and follow the path NRass/Master Controller/Advanced/Edit In CAS
Open the tab of premade Sims, find the one you previously saved, and load them in place of the fake.
Age them up to the appropriate age, and give them their makeover.
Hit accept and you're done! This way your Sim retains all relationships, skills, memories, school grades/career etc. I also saved immediately after fixing her.
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Re: Age-Up Glitch

Post by somebodysangel »

Way late replying to this, but anyway.
I've had this same glitch a couple of times, in my WYDC and Epic challenges. Eventually removed a couple of outfits incorrectly categorised as teen maternity (when they should have been YA). Neither of the kids who had the issues was wearing these clothes, but once the CC was removed, I've not had the glitch again, so I assumed that's what it was. Weird "fix", I know.

This glitch is what caused me to save every sim to the bin during their age up makeovers...yes, every age stage. That way I can skip the first half of your solution if it happens again ;)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Age-Up Glitch

Post by itsjulie »

I am having this problem and spot this a little too late because I have force killed the sim :roll:
If I didn't she would never have aged up and would have caused an error trap every night and driven me totally barmy!!

In the past I have aged them up using MC but when they get to next birthday they cause the same problem.
This is the second time i have had this problem and I have tried everything I could think of without sucess.

:roll:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”