Steam-Origin Compatibility?

memi35

Steam-Origin Compatibility?

Post by memi35 »

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this, but whatever.

I have TS3 base game and all the "main" EPs on Steam. I'm interested in buying some of the towns. Steam doesn't have any of these towns. I want to just buy them on Origin instead, but I'm not sure if they would work with my Steam versions of the game. Will I be able to play my new worlds if I buy them on Origin? If so, what steps do I have to go through to make it happen?

In the case that there is no way to make them work together, I'll probably just get disc versions of them (which is a last resort as I hate having my games on discs). If that is the case however, are discs compatible with steam?
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Steam-Origin Compatibility?

Post by Thaitanic »

In my experience, when you get the towns they download in the same way regardless of whether they were bought on Origin, Steam or not! :) You would install it as usual and they would go straight to your C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds (if you're on Windows - not sure about Mac). I would say get the neighbourhoods! If you do encounter any problems, however, I have most of the towns myself, so I might be able to provide you the town download if that's of any comfort if the Origin/Steam conversion doesn't work~
call me Thai!
they/them
memi35

Post by memi35 »

Thanks! Hope that it works.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Yes, best of luck! <3
call me Thai!
they/them
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

It should work. For Sims 3 I had the original game in physical form and then bought most of the expansions through either Steam, Origin, or Amazon.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”