Launcher Not Working

Repo

Launcher Not Working

Post by Repo »

Got Windows 8.1 and, whenever I try to start up the launcher, I get the little "Sims 3 Launcher has stopped looking" and the load bar where it's looking for an error for like... .2 seconds before it disappears. I've heard you can try to get around it by skipping the launcher entirely (which I hear means no CC but..), unfortunately, when I try to play (latest EP is Into the Future), I get a bug saying that my current Sims 3 Basegame is incompatible with my latest EP and that I need to update...... using the launcher. Yay. I've tried looking for some kind of update to use online, but no such luck. Any advice to get this launcher up and running? Or to patch AROUND the launcher? Should I uninstall Into the Future?
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Launcher Not Working

Post by Seera »

Have you tried using the Super Patcher?

Info on it and what options to do are here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Super+Patch

It does mention telling it to patch anyway if it doesn't find a missing patch, so I personally would run it until you get that option. Just to make sure everything's patched properly.

Bypassing the launcher just means you can't install new CC that's in a .sims3pack version or store items. And a good number of content creators will have both a .sims3pack and a .package version of their file. The .package version doesn't use the launcher to be installed and installs like you would mods. There's also the .sim version of Sims so you aren't even locked there, though you would have to reapply and download their CC separately.
Repo

Re: Launcher Not Working

Post by Repo »

Yup, the super patcher fixed it. Thanks Seera! :)

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”