Unlocking the Congrats Interaction?

ssAly88

Unlocking the Congrats Interaction?

Post by ssAly88 »

I have a few sims who keep rolling the wish to congratulate others, from what I understand, it's because they have the good trait. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to get it to pop up on the interaction menu for the target sim! Is it that there are a specific set of interactions that unlock it? Or is it just random whether it comes up or not? I have seen it before, but it's only been a few times, and only with sims I don't have the wish to congratulate! Is there anyone who can give me some coaching on this? I'm so lost!
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Unlocking the Congrats Interaction?

Post by Rhea »

Hmmm, I wonder if this option would come up once another Sim has a baby or gets a job promotion?
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

It is generally when someone they knows gets married or has a baby, maybe the job promotion. In my experience the sims has never been on the lot, or maybe I just don't look for them. I haven't seen the option to congratulate appear on my sims even when one announces they are pregnant or got a promotion.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
ssAly88

Post by ssAly88 »

The funny thing is, it's not generally anyone my sim has even met. I guess they just hear through the grapevine that the sim is getting married or having a baby, but I end up having to introduce them. Even so, when I get their relationship up to friend, good friend, or even best friend, it still doesn't seem to be enough! Although, by that time it's probably too late... :sorry:
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I haven't played TS3 in awhile, but I seem to remember it coming up from other members of the family with job promotions.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Based on my experiences (which are the same as all of those just mentioned), I'd guess the interaction is only autonomous :) I've never been able to select it either, but I see it performed all the time.
hello! :heartbeat:
ssAly88

Post by ssAly88 »

Well that's silly! It's not really fair to make it a wish if I can't control the sim to perform it! Bleh! >.<
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

Based on what I remember, it's not just good sims who can do that (though I think that having evil traits prevents that interaction, I'm not sure) but it only comes up when something special happens. Has anything important happened to the sims your sim wants to congratulate? It comes up when they've gotten a job promotion (or high grades when they're teenagers), gotten married, had children, and other landmark things. Maybe your sim rolled that wish when it was still valid but too much time has passed for him to have that interaction?
:woot:
ssAly88

Post by ssAly88 »

Yes, in all the cases for a wish popping up to congratulate a sim is concerned, it's always been when something congratulatory was happening in the target's life. It's just no one that may sim actually knows (which is weird in itself), and even when my sim befriends the target sim, the interaction never seems to come up. I don't know if it's because I just don't get to them soon enough, but it's infuriating just that this can happen when my sim doesn't even know the target sim in the first place. It makes me think that either you have to have a high relationship with the target sim to begin with, or the interaction just pops up whenever it feels like it because it's bugged.

Blaaahhhh...
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I generally just cancel/ignore that wish because unless the target is standing on the lot, I am not taking the time to track them down.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
ssAly88

Post by ssAly88 »

I've started doing that too. I guess there's nothing I can do about it either way. Thanks for the help, guys!

Return to “Sims 3 Help!”