Forum Problems

Forum news, updates, and random information will be posted here.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Forum Problems

Post by Teresa »

Since the change in hosting company, we are having some issues with the extensions. I am going to be working with them to see what is causing the problems and what we can do to fix them.

For the meantime, I have had to disable the Chat section.

If necessary, I will change hosts, but I would rather that be a last choice and not a first choice.

Please use this thread to report issues (screenshots would be awesome) and please be patient as we work through these glitches.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Forum Problems

Post by itsjulie »

I have not been able to get on this forum for two days.

Cororon - told me to use Anonymouse. org to change my IP

THANK GOD - I have her on facebook
or I would have been trapped out of here forever!!

:drinks: Thanks Cor :#1:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

What was the error message you were getting? I have a ticket in with the host but need to be able to provide as much information as possible.
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Yay! The site finally loaded normally.

Member Pengy also got this error message earlier and posted it to me on Facebook:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/hooks/hook_mchat.php on line 65: include([ROOT]/mchat.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/hooks/hook_mchat.php on line 65: include(): Failed opening './mchat.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php54/root/usr/share/pear')

It seems to have something to do with the chat. But I still couldn't load the site after the chat was removed and had to change to na IP from another country to get here. Maybe the error had something to do with the traffic from/to Europe? I'm in Sweden and Pengy and Julie are in the UK.

Julie. :thup:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Teresa wrote:What was the error message you were getting? I have a ticket in with the host but need to be able to provide as much information as possible.
I haven't really been getting error messages other than - this site is not available try again.

I have this forum on a pinned tab - and the forum shows on the pinned tab but it is frozen on the 11th October and everytime I clicked on a link - the page sits continuously doing nothing. It is still like it now.
when i open a new tab - i just get a blank screen mostly or the message to lay the site is not available - it is like the site is just not loading
Ive tried on 3 browsers (firefox - chrome and IE) and it does the same on all 3

It is still doing it for me now - but thankfully this site is working via that anonymouse.org and thats how im having to get on here
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Just popped into the forum to see what's going on, and this error message was at the top of the page:

(You may have to click it to make it bigger, it shrunk down for whatever reason.)
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I did the same thing as Emily and got this error message that seems to be common.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/hooks/hook_mchat.php on line 65: include([ROOT]/mchat.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/hooks/hook_mchat.php on line 65: include(): Failed opening './mchat.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php54/root/usr/share/pear')
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I will third that error, I got it too. Also the top three replied to topics and most popular ones are in a huge font.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I've also got that message. It also tried to not display the forums and that warning was bigger and in bold font. I would have print screened had it not automatically gone on to the main page after a second.

Edit: Got a picture of what Ani-Mei is seeing as I'm getting it too. I had not scrolled down that far when I first posted.

Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

The error will be there until the server can figure out what is causing it. The error is related to the chat box and the top three sections because something during the move broke them. They are looking at it to see what happened, but need it turned on in order to troubleshoot.

Hopefully everyone is able to access the forums - share the anonymous tip with anyone you know that is having trouble. The server has some IPs hard-blocked, so any that are still being blocked, post here or send to me PM, so I can have them remove the block.

If we continue to have problems, I will look at moving the forums elsewhere. I am not real impressed with this new host up to this point. And their support is slow.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Just postiing it that I've experienced it this morning as well (9:36 GMT)

Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I have turned off the chat and the top three posts plugins. Those seem to be the two having trouble, and the host can't find any problems on their end.

Continue to post any other problems here, and I am going to start looking for alternate hosts.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I have been talking with the previous host and we will be moving back to where we were before the recent change. It will not (should not) cause any down time during the migration. However, please continue to post any errors you find. And share with anyone that you know that has not been able to log into the forums for the past week. We are working on getting this fixed.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I don't know if this counts or not but I just tried to put my latest chapter link under the others and it refuses to be centered. I've tried to fix it three times but it won't move.

Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

That is a weird issue. I was able to fix it by putting those updates into a spoiler, but will look to see if it is part of the server change. Apparently it is only going to center if you put it in a spoiler, so there might be some stray code buried in it somewhere. I didn't see it right away though. Hopefully once we get moved back these weird issues will go away.
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

We have moved and everything should be working again. :dizzy: Please post if you see anything weird happening. :jawdrop: And we tried to not lose any posts, but there are a couple that we lost. :sigh: If you don't see something you posted this morning between 5 am and 9 am central time, please re-post it.

Thank you all for your patience!!! We really appreciate it! :applause:
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Great! Things seem to work fine now! :spin:

Return to “Updates & Information”