May 2015 Update

Forum news, updates, and random information will be posted here.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

May 2015 Update

Post by Teresa »

Hello everybody!

I first want to apologize for virtually disappearing right after we made the move to the new and improved Boolprop. I have taken max loads of classes for the last two semesters in order to finally complete my degree and will be graduating in the next few days. Additionally, I went back to work full-time and have barely survived with my sanity (this is still up for debate but that's my story and I am sticking to it).

Since the last update was way back in August 2014, it is way past time for a new one.

As of this post, we have 413 members - and they should all be real members and not spammers. This is due to a several changes that have allowed more control over new member approval, and has been fairly successful in keeping the automated spammers out of the forum. It is still possible for a spammer to register, but the ease of automation is gone and it now requires an effort on their part. If a spammer does manage to get through registration, we are still requiring the first post to be mod-approved. What this means for you is that you should never see spam on these forums. :spam:

As you may notice, we are randomly adding new smileys to the forum. If there any are you would like to see, please post in the Suggestions. We will add them to the pending list and they will be added randomly at some point in the future.

Medals, medals, medals. Who wants shiny medals? Well, pretty much everyone. We are continually looking at the medals we have and considering ideas for future medals. If you have a suggestion, please post it with as much detail as you have. We currently are working on a medal for a Spectacular Failure on a legacy or challenge (thanks for the idea, MichelleCYoung). There are many medals to earn and itchy mod fingers just waiting to award them. Help us scratch that itch...

I wanted to take a little bit of time to highlight the different sections of the forum, beginning with the Boolprop section. We will highlight each section in future updates.

Remember to check the Introductions section regularly and welcome any new members. We want everyone to feel welcome and to be welcomed soon after their arrival. For those that have not yet posted your introduction, please do so, as it allows us to learn a little about you. :plumbob:

If you were a member on either one of the old Boolprop forums, please post in the Member Check-in thread. We are still awarding medals for those that have made the move, but you must post in this thread to get the medal. If you have posted and have not received your medal (please allow 48 hours), please send me a message and we will get you taken care of. :highfive:

In the Events section, there are several ongoing events that you can join. These events are considered participate as you can and it is not required to participate in every round. Some even offer a medal... :#1:

Boolprop Chef is a not-quite weekly event where the theme is posted and to participate you provide a picture and recipe of something you enjoy. The current theme is Lemon. :lemon:

Let's Build It is a building event that is currently in Round 12 with a theme of Studio. This event is a community vote with the round winner receiving a random medal.

Featured Legacies and Stories has been on a hiatus but will be back soon. The only requirement to be eligible is to post an update to your legacy or challenge or story.

Finally, we absolutely want to hear your suggestions and ideas in order to improve the Boolprop experience. The place to do this is in Suggestions. While we may not always be able to make a change, we want to know where the forum could be improved. Together we can attempt to make the change, or commiserate with you if it isn't possible or feasible.

-- The Admin & Mod Team

We have begun planning for BNTM Season 10, so look for information on that competition coming Soon™
Soon™ ~ No lie. It’s going to happen. It’s going to happen really freakin’, like, eventually. But it will happen!
A Brief History of Time According to Sapience
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: May 2015 Update

Post by Rhea »

I'd also like to jump in and apologize for not being around. I've had some family commitments that have been taking up all of my spare time recently. This should be letting up over the next few months.
Avery

Post by Avery »

Aw guys, I think we all understand that not everyone can make the forum their life 100%. Bills gotta be paid! :hugs:

Thanks for the update! Glad to see the forum is making it's way back up once again!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

We are definitely working on rebuilding the forums, but they would be nothing without all of the members. You guys are the reason for the forum, and the reason it is an awesome forum. :hugs:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Avery

Post by Avery »

Teresa wrote:We are definitely working on rebuilding the forums, but they would be nothing without all of the members. You guys are the reason for the forum, and the reason it is an awesome forum. :hugs:
Yeah, I guess we're pretty cool. :smirk:

Return to “Updates & Information”