Urgent help needed, please! - THANKS, everyone!

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Urgent help needed, please! - THANKS, everyone!

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, everyone, for your help with this. I'm going to continue playing Vanilla, with my current legacy (for as long as I can stand it, HAH!). That's a challenge, in itself.

Then, I'll gradually add in the CC, and leave the townie-control mods OUT. Or at least, save them for last, with a back-up of the entire filing system before I add the townie-control mods.

I am now backing up my files every day, before I start up the game, just as a general principle. When I run short of disk space, I'll delete the oldest and go from there.

Thanks, again! Y'all are awesome!

My game has just broken, and I don't know why. It was playing just fine last night.

Now, I loaded up my Sweetwater neighborhood, and although the lots were there, the sims were gone!

I loaded up Riverblossom Hills, only to find that ALL the lots were blank! Oh, they were there, including lots I had added, but they were just empty lots!

I closed out, reloaded, still broken.

I copied over a back-up of my neighborhood, and it's still broken.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong, or how to fix it? Please help!
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on September 16th, 2014, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Urgent help needed, please!

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I copied over the entire Sims 2 folder to another location, and uninstalled it. Now, I'm reinstalling the game, from scratch. Fortunately, the Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac is only ONE scratch, rather than oodles of disks, but still...

Anyway, I'll play test it for a while, without any downloads, whatsoever. Sigh. I guess I'll have to add things back in slowly, much later, and see how it goes.

In the meantime, I guess I'll start another news legacy: The Sims 2 Super Vanilla Legacy!

SIGH. :sigh:
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

I'm sorry about that. Could you have cut and pasted the Sims2 folder on your desktop and let it regeneatre a new Sims2 folder?
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

MichelleCYoung wrote:My game has just broken, and I don't know why. It was playing just fine last night.

Now, I loaded up my Sweetwater neighborhood, and although the lots were there, the sims were gone!

I loaded up Riverblossom Hills, only to find that ALL the lots were blank! Oh, they were there, including lots I had added, but they were just empty lots!

I closed out, reloaded, still broken.

I copied over a back-up of my neighborhood, and it's still broken.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong, or how to fix it? Please help!
have you add any new mods or CCs into the game before it broke? or do anything major to the games internal files (the ones inside the installer folder)? if you're backup is not working either, it can mean it's the game error or CCs file that's causing the problem.
ImageImage
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

It sounds like your game has, for some reason, deleted all character files (and continued to do so after you fixed it)
This sounds a tad bit like one of your townie control mods went crazy, if you have one.
If this situation re-occurs, would you mind evaluating if Core-NPC's like the therapist, Rod Humble, the bunnies or Mrs Crumplebottom are missing too?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

PuddRing18 wrote:I'm sorry about that. Could you have cut and pasted the Sims2 folder on your desktop and let it regeneatre a new Sims2 folder?
I tried that. Same thing. I don't know what was wrong. However, reinstalling fixed it. Plain old vanilla, now, until I figure out what broke it.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Iya wrote:have you add any new mods or CCs into the game before it broke? or do anything major to the games internal files (the ones inside the installer folder)? if you're backup is not working either, it can mean it's the game error or CCs file that's causing the problem.
Yep. That's why the vanilla reinstall works. I just don't know which CC broke it.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

mandarine wrote:It sounds like your game has, for some reason, deleted all character files (and continued to do so after you fixed it)
This sounds a tad bit like one of your townie control mods went crazy, if you have one.
If this situation re-occurs, would you mind evaluating if Core-NPC's like the therapist, Rod Humble, the bunnies or Mrs Crumplebottom are missing too?
That's probably it! I hadn't seen Mrs. Crumplebottom for a while, and actually remarked on it! Thanks! That should really help me diagnose the problem!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Re: Urgent help needed, please! - THANKS, everyone!

Post by WistfulRose »

I know this was posted a few months ago, but I've heard of other people having this same problem on Mac computers. I think it has something to do with memory mixed with the operating system. I'm fairly certain that it's just a horrible glitch that comes with playing on a Mac. But, I'm not a computer person, so I can't really say. So, make sure to keep individual back-ups of your sims, rather than just the neighborhood.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Urgent help needed, please! - THANKS, everyone!

Post by MichelleCYoung »

How do you back up individual sims? Does that require SimPE? Because that won't work on my machine.

Just another reason to get Windows, I guess.

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”