Sims 2 Clean Installer

Jendra

Sims 2 Clean Installer

Post by Jendra »

I can't install lots. I've downloaded the clean installer, but every time it starts up I get a pop-up that says Clean Installer has stopped working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and I still have the same problem. When I take it out and try to double click a .Sims2pack file I just get a whole lot of symbols. I posted on MTS forums because someone there was having the same problem but never got an answer. Any suggestions on what the problem might be or a work around?
Iya

Post Counts

Re: Sims 2 Clean Installer

Post by Iya »

have you tried running Clean Installer under "Run as Administrator"? Sometime this is required since Clean Installer copy files into your documents. If that works but it still crashed every time you load up the lot, then the lot file is corrupted. don't even bother with it because the files in it will eventually crash your game.

Also, I do not recommend you install ANY lot without using Clean Installer. Sim2pack and any other installers tend to install behaviors/junk that wasn't properly cleaned when the original uploader packaged it. again, it can crash your game.

EDIT: Oh, also try running Clean Installer under Administrator and try to open a different lot file that you had worked before. if that one opens fined, then it's definitely the lot that you're trying to open that's the problem.
ImageImage
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

It doesn't even get to the lot before crashing. It crashes as soon as CI tries to run, even if it's just at run after install. And running as administrator doesn't help either.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

What version of Sims 2 do you have?
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Out of curiosity, does SimPE work for you?
hello! :heartbeat:
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Jendra wrote:It doesn't even get to the lot before crashing. It crashes as soon as CI tries to run, even if it's just at run after install. And running as administrator doesn't help either.
that's very strange. where did you get your copy of Clean Installer? Is it the most updated version? In that respect, what system computer are you running? Specs?
ImageImage

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”