Sims won't go to work

Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Sims won't go to work

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I'm playing a rather large household (The Greenmans had six additional kids after Daisy,) and two members of the household will not go to work (Jason) or school (their eldest teen son.) They automatically get it lined up in their queue, and then it fades. When I line up "go to work" via carpool or "walk to work," they also wait until it comes up in their queue, and then stand there while it fades.

I've had this problem before, but I don't remember how I fixed it. So far I have:

1) Tested the lot portals. They're fine. All 5 other children go to school just fine, and Daisy, Rose, and Jason have all been successful in leaving the lot via hiking or walking the dog.

2) Used Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to force errors on both Jason and the teen. Actually, the last time I played with testingcheats on in the house, Briar (the teen) was popping up a motherlode of errors - it was pretty much every five minutes.

3) Looked for a Batbox option to fix the stuck sims. So far, I haven't found one that sounds right.

I do have a hack that may affect work and school - Symbology's playable school/homeschool hack, which should A) only be active on lots that have the controller, b) affect all the teens and children instead of just one. In addition, I do not have this problem on other lots with children and teens, and did not have the school hack the last time I had this problem. I've also had this mod in my game for at least three years at this point, so I very much doubt it's the problem.

I have not:

1) Moved the family out and back in again, which I do not believe fixed my problem last time.

2) Made Jason quit and get a new job. If this is the fix, how do I get Briar, a knowledge sim with a career-oriented LTW and a current C+ (from the days he skipped) fixed?

3) Deleted either of them via Boolprop testingcheats. I heard somewhere that doing so will further corrupt your files, though I don't remember the source so I have no idea if it was reliable. Better safe than sorry, though.

4) I haven't downloaded any hacks whatsoever in nearly a year. So it shouldn't be interference from a new hack.

5) I haven't forced errors with the batbox, as I don't know what that does.

6) Done anything screwy in between the last day I played where Briar and Jason went to work and school respectively (last day of my previous rotation) and when they stopped (first day of this rotation.)

So, does anyone know how to fix this, or have any advice on whether or not the things I haven't tried yet are safe? I know that last time, the fix was surprisingly easy and didn't involve me mucking around in game files or uninstalling anything.
Iya

Post Counts

Re: Sims won't go to work

Post by Iya »

Hmm, if it was me, the first thing I do is test to see if there's any problem in my download folder. Sometimes it is not a hack or mod that might cause a problem, but a corrupted CC. In fact, just last night, it was a corrupted hair file that freeze my game from loading my lots. :haha:

I would suggest making a backup of that neighborhood folder first, then remove the download folder temporary from your sims' folder. test the game and see if the sims go to work/school. If they do, then it's something from your download folder. If it is, then use this method to find the culprit (or culprits).

If it's not, then you might want to remove everything in your sim folder temporary EXCEPT for your neighborhood folder. Test again. Follow the method again if it is one of those folder.

If nothing in your Sims' folder is culprit (though I highly doubt it), then you may consider having to reinstall your game again as something might have became corrupted in your game files.
ImageImage
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Have you tried the oh so simple but fixes almost everything moveobjects on, delete, save and reload the lot game yet? Deleting through Boolprop IS a headache, and not recommended - I think I saw something on MATY about it, but like many things, it was a long time ago. Forcing errors on the Batbox could work too - it forces errors on EVERYTHING, just in case it's a stuck something or other.

Of course, you may or may not have already gotten this fixed by now. :)
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I actually sort of skipped the Greenman family and did the college rotation? I need to track down if this is fixed next time I play, if not, I'm going to delete Jason and Briar manually (not Boolprop, regular old moveobjects...) and see if that fixes it.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

If that doesn't fix it, try sending the family on vacation, and see if that re-sets the two stuck sims. Or sending them downtown, perhaps.

Also, be sure you have a back-up before you load them up again. I've had the move-obects on deletion PERMANENTLY delete the characters, and had to scrap the whole household. Annoying!!!

That reminds me. Time for another Sims 2 Backup for me!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”