[TECH] Message that keeps popping up

ShadowGem

[TECH] Message that keeps popping up

Post by ShadowGem »

So I was playing my game the other day with no problems, I built some houses and played some families. I went to play again today and this message keeps popping up.

Under spoiler:
Spoiler:
I was trying to think of what would have caused this, then I remembered I ran my virus scans the other day and my CC cleaner. I don't think my virus scans were the problem but I'm wondering if CC cleaner was, like maybe it accidentally deleted something that was needed to run the game. But I never had a problem with CC cleaner and my sims game before.

I have the ultimate collection.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? or do I have to re-install my game... again.... >.<
You can call me Chris or Shadow.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: [TECH] Message that keeps popping up

Post by Thaitanic »

If you have access to just the base game disc, why not try installing that and see if it works? If not, I'm not really sure - but I know that the disc downloads and the UC can exist on the computer at the same time.
call me Thai!
they/them
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

If you want to fix this, you need to reinstall oor be lucky and have a back up of those missing files.
I had a similar problem in the past (but with Skyrim) and disalowed my Virus scans to change files without my nod. That did it for me.
I don't know if it could have been CC-Cleaner. What exactly does CC-Cleaner do?
ShadowGem

Post by ShadowGem »

mandarine wrote: I don't know if it could have been CC-Cleaner. What exactly does CC-Cleaner do?
CC cleaner is a program that cleans out and fixes registry errors and looks for missing files. It also cleans out potentially malicious or unwanted files and temporary internet files.

I'll see what I can do if I get a chance this weekend. I'll have to find the base game disk. When I got the origin Sims 2 ultimate I put the other game boxes away. I'll update once I get to it.
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

Well, if CCcleaner does that, it's possible that it's the culprit.
Unless, of course, its power is limited to certain folders.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

I use CCleaner as well, and I've never had that problem before, but it may well have done it - who knows?
call me Thai!
they/them
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

from my experience, if it's the ultimate collection, then CCleaner IS the culprit. I don't know why, but when I installed S2UC and then run CCleaner, it's registry would get wiped out.

To fix that, only two ways,

1. If you backup the registry before you run CCleaner, restoring it should get UC to work again.

2. If you don't have the backup, then I recommend you reinstall S2UC. Remember to backup your Sims 2 folder first (just move the folder into your desktop). After that, exclude UC's registry from CCleaner so that everytime you use it, it won't destroy your UC's registry files.

To exclude, you run the registry scan right after you install. backup the registry first. After the list is loaded, go down the list, select all the "application path" problems that pertains to the sims 2, there should be one for base game and all expansions. With all highlighted/selected, right click and select exclude. this should add it to the exclude list. When you're done, run the game again. it should work. If it doesn't, you did something wrong. run your backup and try again. I've tested this, and it ran fine even after using CCleaner.

I love CCleaner because its essential to the upkeep of my system, so I just ditch the Ultimate Collection altogether to prevent this problem (and because I don't like to mess with the registry). Instead I just use my original sims installation dics. For now I'll stick with what I have install and won't transfer over until I test out all my mods and programs I use for the sims.
ImageImage
ShadowGem

Post by ShadowGem »

Iya wrote:from my experience, if it's the ultimate collection, then CCleaner IS the culprit. I don't know why, but when I installed S2UC and then run CCleaner, it's registry would get wiped out.

1. If you backup the registry before you run CCleaner, restoring it should get UC to work again.
Thank you everyone and Iya you gave me the info I needed, once I restored my registry my game started up again.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE!

*~Case Closed~*
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

ShadowGem wrote:
Iya wrote:from my experience, if it's the ultimate collection, then CCleaner IS the culprit. I don't know why, but when I installed S2UC and then run CCleaner, it's registry would get wiped out.

Thank you everyone and Iya you gave me the info I needed, once I restored my registry my game started up again.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE!

*~Case Closed~*
:thup: I'm glad you get working. :D

Just note that you must now exclude those registry files in CCleaner to make sure it won't happen again. I've already included the instructions in my post above on how to do that. after you exclude it, then this problem should be completely fixed.
ImageImage
ShadowGem

Post by ShadowGem »

Will do and Thank You!

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”